Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Antitribu Impression  (Read 1375 times)

Offline OverlordLilim

• Fledgling
Antitribu Impression
« on: November 23, 2016, 07:20:39 PM »
Just giving my simple review of what I've seen so far on the mod, and I have to say I liked what is there honestly. I mean yes some of the models feel a tad odd because the style from the original to Antitribu really changes but over all it's not bad just different. My favorite clan happens to be Tzimisce, only because I like the female and the power makes me feel a need to just go on a mad killing fun night. xD I did also liked Lasombra but the hunters got annoying, and I felt a tad underpowered oddly enough even though I liked Obtenebration.

I did enjoy added changs to like more blood and death looks in some areas, and oddly enough I think I'd the only person who liked the Ocean House, lol. I mean the problem with the old one was as a vampire you felt like NOTHING could stop you, so a ghost wasn't going to scare you, or at least it didn't me I kept saying things like. "Come get me, I'll mess you up with my powers!" But Jason was another thing. I mean it's Jason! I was feeling just kinda worried that he would gut me, and I was under level or something to fight him. Which is my only problem at all with that quest, anti-climaxed. I mean the guy holds his wife for all this time, and tries to even kill or scare you off handedly but at the very end just let's you out? I mean I felt like he was going to just attack me all the way until I got to the door, and then I was just let down...but who am I to judge that. :/ Although I wouldn't have choosen Jason though, he was a odd pick my pick would have been Michael Myers fits better, but that's just my opinion there.

I got to try some of the mods missions, or at least I felt they was added? I mean random hunters trying to kill me, and puzzles were not bad at all, but a bit hard since we had no clues...So I'd just change that one thing, and make it easier let people know what they would have to do there.Overall I did enjoy a lot of the mod itself although I did feel a oddness playing a Antitribu clan vampire because there was no dislike? I mean I felt like I should have been more treated like a Nosferatu and hated just because I'm not part of the normal Camarilla clans, you know discrimination and all, but sadly there was none of that and it felt me longing for a feeling of being a out cast but yeah. Overall I liked the mod and it's my favorite out of the ones I'd tried, so I hope to see more good things down the line even if I know that the mod is going in a different path then planned before, I hope it's still all good. :)

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 08:16:49 PM by OverlordLilim »

Offline fylimar

• Fledgling
Re: Antitribu Impression
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 10:29:33 PM »
If it is ok, I write my impression here too.
I installed ANtitribu because I stumbled upon it by searching for new skins. What I really like, is that the modder was creative with the new skins - I don't like all of it (the third Lasombra armor, the nazi uniform, I really didn't like and I even abandoned that playthrough), but that is personal taste. I love the female Tzimisce and of course started with that clan (Tzimisce is my favorite Sabbat clan). I was very happy, that fleshcraft worked for me. I had some problems with the warform, because sometimes, when my Tzimi transforms, she can't fight at all. Enemies don't make much damage, while she is in that form, but she does nothing at all. Apart from that, I love fleshcrafting and use it whenever I can.
I also love what Lenuska did with locations and nscs. To have more varieties of sabbat vampires and street gang members, club goer, prostitues etc. is really great. I don't like some of the new fights, who are impossible hard - I mean, the vanilla game isn't really a breeze, but VTMBA is a bit like playing Dark Souls (well, you're an undead too here, so I guess it fits). I get, that you are supposed to take comrades with you and I already have Knox at my side, but sometimes, companions are getting in your way, so I prefer to leave them behind on missions in tight spaces.
I agree, that I wish, other vampires would react a bit more to my Tzimisce - and how is she not a masquerade violation, at least in armor 1, where you can see her fleshcrafted back
I don't like the changes on Ocean House and Grout's mansion much and somehow, I don't find the vampire goonies in Andreis cellar a bit strange. Tzimisce are very peculiar about their Havens, I doubt, Andrei would have allowed those newbies in his cellar.
I don't get, what that robes guy, who sends skeletons after you, is there for. Is he a Cappadocian? And even if he is, why has he a problem with our character?

To sum it up: I love the new skins (apart from said uniform), I love the new disciplines and the new look of the game, I don't need the changes in Ocean House and Grouts mansion, but they are not gamebreaking for me, but I don't like some of the new fights. I wish there would be a version with the new skins, area looks and disciplines, but without gameplay changes.
But I have to say, the modder did put up a lot of work in that mod and I really appreciate it. That could not have been easy.

Offline deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 05:24:02 PM »
Models/skins/textures are easy to swap, separating everything else will need a work, these new disciplines are scripted and requires modified maps. Nerfing enemy stats (or using cheats) would be the quickest route for decreasing the difficulty.
The robbed guy was supposed to be a part of quest, yet it is broken.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 05:34:27 PM by deicide »

Offline fylimar

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 05:48:56 PM »
Models/skins/textures are easy to swap, separating everything else will need a work, these new disciplines are scripted and requires modified maps. Nerfing enemy stats (or using cheats) would be the quickest route for decreasing the difficulty.
The robbed guy was supposed to be a part of quest, yet it is broken.

Thanks for the info. Maybe we will see the full questline one day, as far as I know, Lenuska is still working on that mod? I use the Tzimisce skin for my Malkavian at the moment, so model swapping is working. I just love that skin, it's one of my favorites.

Offline deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 06:05:57 PM »
As far as I know, she's got a burnout and pretty much unreachable.
Regarding Lasombra skins, while I really dig the idea of suggested character development (MM kid - neo-fascist - modern nihilist), the implementation does not convey that prized no compromises between looks and functionality feel of Hugo Boss clothes.

Offline fylimar

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope, she will get better soon.

Offline Rubinia

• Encharmed by chimes
  • Ancillus
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 03:29:30 PM »
There are some things unmatchable in the Antitribu which other versions lack.
I mean Animalism discipline (invisible silver wolves! they rule the battlefield!) and Aliens (heck, in the WoD vampire the 7th something Vissiscitude level is to turn your blood into acid; who's to say that Xenos are out-of-canon?).
The thing that spoiled me the fun was that sooner or later (usually by the time of Hollywood) I got some graphic-textures problem. Walls of the buildings became something like white and rectanglised. Odd.
Also I grew impatient because way of soliving problems changed; I had some pains with getting inside Malk Mansion and I (just read about that) got wind of some different, more difficult way of opening some doors on some warrens level. I mean, at least opening the doors should be always simple!
Also the overburding amount of sheer brute fight is not so fun at times. But... I admit my Tsimi with wolves and fire magic was very pleasant to play. I also liked the New Tsimi for her marvolous shapechanges and well Aliens (even though I managed to create only one and by accident :( ) Georgious beasts. Even if a bit two-legs-walking.
It was surely gore, and sad to rip someone with fleshcraft. Spine on sight... ugh....
I guess I shall play it once again in future. And I'd love to play a New Tsimi who has the Auspex changed with Animalism. It'd be the best!
"Having created something so extraordinary one would die happy, if one died."

"One is the path of a man, straight and plain: the never ending Crossroads."