Author Topic: ANTIRIBU 1.2 News and Updates?  (Read 10981 times)

Offline Zeppeli

• Fledgling
Re: ANTIRIBU 1.2 News and Updates?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 04:09:49 PM »
Joke flied over your head.
Anyway there is Lalaurie House where people think that Ghost of slavemaster is still torturing slaves. Then there is Villisca Ax Murder House. There where couple of episodes in Supernatural with same plot and I'm sure I have seen several crappy movies with same plot and episodes of eastern European "ghost shows" where extrasenses run around pretending to speak with ghosts claiming same story.

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 04:19:16 PM »
Joke flied over your head.
Anyway there is Lalaurie House where people think that Ghost of slavemaster is still torturing slaves. Then there is Villisca Ax Murder House. There where couple of episodes in Supernatural with same plot and I'm sure I have seen several crappy movies with same plot and episodes of eastern European "ghost shows" where extrasenses run around pretending to speak with ghosts claiming same story.

I have no time for silly jokes. Ghost slavemaster seems a rip off the idea of Demons torturing souls. Supernatural well that's only honestly had very little appeal to me and some of the ideas seem silly but some I know of are good. I've never watched those shows where people claim to be psychics and shit. I've heard of many stories where ghosts are seen as wholly evil. None of what  you said suggests a cliche of over a hundred years.

Offline Zeppeli

• Fledgling
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2016, 05:04:08 PM »
Okey now go back to your collection of fedoras.

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah

Offline Runza77

• Ancillus

Offline Phantom4041

• Fledgling
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2016, 10:31:36 PM »
Nice! Can't wait to see the Tzimisce haven.  :smile:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:33:17 PM by Phantom4041 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2016, 08:35:56 AM »
Check it out, new screenshots!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu/images/vampiric-church-diegos-haven1#imagebox

Hm, now this block looks just too big and empty to me. Either decrease it's size or add more details...

Offline Aloysius

• Methuselah
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2016, 01:02:16 PM »
Lenuska restarted working on the mod apparently, I thought she was "retired" from bloodlines modding for good but it look like she changed her mind. Too bad it apparently mean that the work that was done in her absence was for nothing.

Check it out, new screenshots!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu/images/vampiric-church-diegos-haven1#imagebox

Hm, now this block looks just too big and empty to me. Either decrease it's size or add more details...

I guess it was my map on that screenshot, I wasn't done with the details, waiting for further instructions on sabbat questline, but what the hell, maybe I will recycle it.
Good luck to Lenuska anyway.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2016, 04:37:05 PM »
Lenuska restarted working on the mod apparently, I thought she was "retired" from bloodlines modding for good but it look like she changed her mind.

I think everytime Lenuska releases an Antitribu Mod version, she get's kind of a modding burn-out. So she keeps away from Bloodlines some time, but then she always comes back sooner or later :)! It's the same with burgermeister and Zer0morph as far as I know. Only I myself don't suffer from this as a lot of the patch changes are small so it's not getting too much on my nerves ;)!

Offline FleshArtist

• Infernalist
  • Ancillus
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2016, 08:11:17 AM »
Lenuska restarted working on the mod apparently, I thought she was "retired" from bloodlines modding for good but it look like she changed her mind. Too bad it apparently mean that the work that was done in her absence was for nothing.
It can be difficult to predict people, and while she rarely communicated with me most likely due to her English skills, I will admit I was the wrong guy for the "job", she wanted a puppet that would act as a face for the mod for English speakers, instead of someone who was willing to do actual work, but alas, that is something I don't really have the time for, looking back at what transpired now, I am just glad she informed me of the truth and her decision when she did before even greater amounts of work was done to the mod to further it toward 1.2. The Cathedral can always be worked on and put in future projects, but I guess it came as a shocker to her since she had no plans for the Sabbat main quest.
I think everytime Lenuska releases an Antitribu Mod version, she get's kind of a modding burn-out. So she keeps away from Bloodlines some time, but then she always comes back sooner or later :)!
I believe that happens with almost every modder working on major changes to their game, it would help her greatly if she kept in touch with the community, but we've already tried and failed to convince her to do that.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:15:18 AM by FleshArtist »

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2016, 09:25:28 AM »
I guess it came as a shocker to her since she had no plans for the Sabbat main quest.

I really hope that's not the case... I mean come on, she has been working on the mod for like 6 years. I would doubt that she had no plans for the Sabbat main quest at all. As for that storyline's quality, well... of that I have my doubts.

it would help her greatly if she kept in touch with the community, but we've already tried and failed to convince her to do that.

I am kinda puzzled as how someone can be so stubborn. I think it is safe to say that like 90% of the greatest video games were fruits of a teamwork, where everyone contributed by the best of their skills. Now I don't say that it is impossible to do a great game (or mod) all by yourself, but barring yourself from any kind of feedback from the community doesn't help. But okay, there is the language barrier, maybe Lenusk@ doesn't want to come here because she is shy about using her not too good language skills, and I could understand that, but how hard it is to find someone who translates from russian to english and keeps in touch with the community? Once I tried to search for an online russian VtM community, where Lenusk@ might be active but I didn't found anything... Do you guys know of such a thing?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:29:47 AM by Saphrax »

Offline Aloysius

• Methuselah
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2016, 02:08:41 PM »
I am kinda puzzled as how someone can be so stubborn. I think it is safe to say that like 90% of the greatest video games were fruits of a teamwork, where everyone contributed by the best of their skills. Now I don't say that it is impossible to do a great game (or mod) all by yourself, but barring yourself from any kind of feedback from the community doesn't help.

It certainly doesn't help with bugs fixing, but somehow, I understand why she might not want too many feedback. There is such a thing as too much publicity, and I think this mod is a perfect example of it.
Too many things were advertised, and when the first version was released, many of the said things were missing or not complete, leading to a avalanch of critisims.
And the good thing about making a mod, is that it's not for money, so you don't have to care to please the largest possible scop of people and can stick to your own vision of how it should be instead.
The only thing is that Lenuska should have made clear that she intented to return to the mod, because the way it was presented, she losted interest for it and gave the torch to FleshArtist.

I have a few games in mind that could have been all greatness if the devs and editor didn't try to attract the largest public possible, but they likely would have make less money out of it. Actually, my few favorites games are commercial failures, now that I think about it.
I guess I can give up the idea to reconvert into a commercial advisor for successful video games company.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2016, 09:26:53 PM »
Too many things were advertised, and when the first version was released, many of the said things were missing or not complete, leading to a avalanch of critisims.

Exactly! Not only did Marvin announce things that Lenuska wasn't able to implement, I think the critisims on the old boards really dragged her down personally. Which probably is the main reason why she isn't active on boards!

The only thing is that Lenuska should have made clear that she intented to return to the mod, because the way it was presented, she losted interest for it and gave the torch to FleshArtist.

I guess she didn't know much about it as she had a burn-out at the time and Marvin organised the follow up with FleshArtist without telling him or Lenuska the truth. Like that he only was the front man and he should be too!

Offline FleshArtist

• Infernalist
  • Ancillus
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2016, 02:40:16 AM »
I guess she didn't know much about it as she had a burn-out at the time and Marvin organised the follow up with FleshArtist without telling him or Lenuska the truth. Like that he only was the front man and he should be too!
To clarify, she did coordinate with me on releasing 1.1, but afterward disappeared, Marvin honestly did Lenusk@ wrong by abandoning her in a sly manner and leaving the mod with myself and he did tell me he was basically "passing the torch" to me. Anyhow, I don't feel that any of it is relevant at this point, things are sorted out, and we can only wish Lenusk@ the best, I trust that she will do a good job (maybe she'll come through on the story?).
Exactly! Not only did Marvin announce things that Lenuska wasn't able to implement, I think the critisims on the old boards really dragged her down personally. Which probably is the main reason why she isn't active on boards!
Also correct, the old boards were a mess with people who we could say were like brats, most of the decent users from RavaFX made it onto here and fortunately we don't see the more unpleasant users from there too much.
It certainly doesn't help with bugs fixing, but somehow, I understand why she might not want too many feedback. There is such a thing as too much publicity, and I think this mod is a perfect example of it.
Marvin was certainly no marketing strategist, and he didn't know when to stop building up the hype. When people figured out 1.0 didn't have the Sabbat main quest or many other elements of the promised content, it really did frustrate people. However, in reality, their criticisms are null because the mod is free, and the only thing they sacrificed to figure out 1.0 didn't have what they wanted was a little bit of time, and perhaps an hour or two of sleep.

And for the record, the mod did have much of what was advertised before 1.0, in terms of models and characters at least, they're just not easily accessible without the console and knowledge of the new maps, and so it seems like they're not there at all.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:45:35 AM by FleshArtist »