Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Womb Music (Rik Schaffer and his wife Margaret Tang) also out?  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
Womb Music (Rik Schaffer and his wife Margaret Tang) also out?
« on: December 05, 2020, 10:53:52 pm »
Maybe i am stupid and this whole thread is about nothing, but i fear that Rik Schaffer and his wife Margaret Tang could also have left Bloodlines 2 because Hardsuit Labs is looking for an Audio Director and the job qualifications are below, take a look for yourself.

Hardsuit Labs is looking for a talented and collaborative Audio Director to lead, grow, guide, mentor, and advocate for our audio team. The Audio Director will work closely with creative leadership to create soundscapes that bring our game worlds to life. 
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position located in Seattle, WA. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all positions at Hardsuit Labs are subject to remote interviews and work.
You are an audiophile, music lover, and gamer. You are passionate about storytelling with audio and ready to inspire your coworkers with sound. You are a highly skilled sound designer with a deep knowledge of the tools of the trade and of every part of the sound design pipeline. From music composition to foley, VO recording and through to the final mix. You enjoy leading a team with a variety of backgrounds and experience sharing a common focus and goal. You bring the know-how and creativity to conceive an audio experience that can evoke a wide range of emotions in players.   

https://careers.hardsuitlabs.com/jobs/989831-audio-director

Music composition is (was?) Rik Schaffers job and VO recording Margaret Tangs job. So are they out too?
If they are, this is the final straw and i cancel my preorder of Bloodlines 2 and only buy it for 10€. If it is true, well first fuck 2020 and second Hardsuit Labs clearly knows how to piss off the Bloodlines 1 community.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 08:37:12 am by Wesp5 »

Offline AnnekeFloorever

• Fledgling
Re: Womb Music (Rik Schaffer and his wife Margaret Tang) also out?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 11:48:10 pm »
What a fucking dumpster fire, honestly.

I have never heard of a game having not only such troubled development but a studio and publisher that has no respect for employees and a fanbase.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 10:23:11 am »
I assume you are the one that made a Thread about this in the Bloodlines 2 Steam Forum? Please keep in mind that is just a rumour and not a fact. So please change your thread-title for this.
This isn´t "Official News". Maybe it is but we currently don´t know.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 05:13:03 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 10:12:34 pm »
Wasn't Margaret Tang in charge of the voice actors in the original?  I remember seeing her name in an entry on a computer in the internet cafe in Hollywood, and it said she knew how to get the best out of the voice actors.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 05:21:52 pm »
Wasn't Margaret Tang in charge of the voice actors in the original?  I remember seeing her name in an entry on a computer in the internet cafe in Hollywood, and it said she knew how to get the best out of the voice actors.
Yes. She was the Voice Director and also the Casting Director in Bloodlines 1. She did an amazing job finding the perfect voices for each role and guide them. I assume Brian really wanted her and also her husband Rik Schaffer back because they were such an important part of Bloodlines 1 success.
By the way Margaret also voiced Lily, Kiki, Imalia and some minor roles like Junkie Girl (Blooddoll before Vick) and numerous characters on Deb of Night.
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Margaret_Tang
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:55:01 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 06:27:17 pm »
Well then it's safe to say that Paradox wants to make their own Bloodlines 2 with no connections to the original game.  I mean why else would they let go of so many people that worked on the original?  I assume if the game ever gets released it will look nothing like in the trailers nor will the story and factions be the same as advertised already.  Like someone said the game is a dumpster fire.  I was on the fence on buying the game but after so many firings what is left of Mitsoda's vision of a Bloodlines 2?  That remains to be seen.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 07:31:50 pm »
Well then it's safe to say that Paradox wants to make their own Bloodlines 2 with no connections to the original game.
Then they should rename it if they don´t want a Bloodlines game at heart. By the way, i doubt that Paradox is the one who is mostly responsible for this chaos.
No, i blame Hardsuit Labs and mainly its CEO Andy Kipling. I think we all wanted Bloodlines 2 to succeed because we love Bloodlines 1, but the truth is besides the people who made the original game, Hardsuit Labs isn´t a studio with a good games record. Also they haven´t made any RPG before. But we trusted them because of Mitsoda and then they fired him.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 09:50:42 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 09:54:52 am »
When they showed me the beginning of Bloodlines 2 a year ago, one of my first suggestions was they should not name it Bloodlines 2. I mean the game will probably have not much more in common with Bloodlines than Bloodlines had with Redemption, so it should have its own title! But it was obvious they wanted the players to make the connection which I think backfired when they let Mitsoda and the others go.
As for more news, they are looking for new people to work on Bloodlines 2:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/vampire-the-masquerade-%E2%80%93-bloodlines-2-from-hardsuit-labs-and-paradox-interactive.126124/page-436#post-7059666

Offline tarulu

• Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 03:49:54 pm »
Well then it's safe to say that Paradox wants to make their own Bloodlines 2 with no connections to the original game.  I mean why else would they let go of so many people that worked on the original?  I assume if the game ever gets released it will look nothing like in the trailers nor will the story and factions be the same as advertised already.  Like someone said the game is a dumpster fire.  I was on the fence on buying the game but after so many firings what is left of Mitsoda's vision of a Bloodlines 2?  That remains to be seen.

to be fair, trailers looked horrible! one thing i always liked about old games was the fact that NPCs looked more real and more alive. Bl2 is horrible in this regard, the nossi and toreador girl didn't look natural at all! no facial expressions and their voice tune? it just didn't change with words like how it did in bl1.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 07:08:07 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 05:03:16 pm »

to be fair,trailers looked horrible! one thing i always liked about old games was the fact that NPCs looked more real and more alive. Bl2 is horrible in this regard, the nossi and toreador girl didn't look natural at all! no facial expressions and their voice tune? it just didn't change with words like how it did in bl1.

Yeah I know I just meant to say that whatever Mitsoda envisioned is not the same as what Paradox envisioned.  This is why HSL is letting go of people who worked on the original.  Like Wesp5 said they should just dump the Bloodlines name and name it something else.

Offline tarulu

• Methuselah
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 05:13:23 pm »
True, i mean they aren't even in the same city! is a new game based on a new version of vampire on a new environment with a new story.
one thing i like to say about Mitsoda is while is good to have him on the team he never plays his own games so he kinda never played the first version i guess therefore i would say part of problem was indeed him regarding the quality of trailers that we saw, if he didn't play Bl1 then surely he couldn't reproduce the atmosphere after this long time.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 07:09:05 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline AnnekeFloorever

• Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2020, 06:49:49 pm »
I have no idea why they would be hiring a lead game designer this late in the game?

To me, I am starting to think this isn't Paradox's fault, it's all Hardsuit Labs.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2020, 07:14:10 pm »
...if he didn't play Bl1 then surely he couldn't reproduce the atmosphere after this long time.

I don't see it that way! As a writer Mitscoda could very well reproduce the atmosphere of the dialogues and from what I have seen he did. The atmosphere of the whole game would be more up to the map creators and model designers and while I think the intro that I saw and the demo that was shown to the press looked good enough, it may well be that the complete package didn't work. Even Cyberpunk 2077 is being described by most reviewers as a buggy mess after 7 years of development from a studio well versed in RPGs! So how would anybody expect Bloodlines 2 to be flawless?

Offline tarulu

• Methuselah
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2020, 07:29:22 pm »
...if he didn't play Bl1 then surely he couldn't reproduce the atmosphere after this long time.

I don't see it that way! As a writer Mitscoda could very well reproduce the atmosphere of the dialogues and from what I have seen he did. The atmosphere of the whole game would be more up to the map creators and model designers and while I think the intro that I saw and the demo that was shown to the press looked good enough, it may well be that the complete package didn't work. Even Cyberpunk 2077 is being described by most reviewers as a buggy mess after 7 years of development from a studio well versed in RPGs! So how would anybody expect Bloodlines 2 to be flawless?

Wesp it's been a long time since Bl1 and gaming industry and the way we look and create media has been changed, i can't imagine someone can write something in that atmosphere after all these years let alone to create it without  looking back hard enough.
regarding the whole game my main problem now is how unrealistic NPCs look compared to Bl1. i have other problems too but that's my main concern.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 09:04:33 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline AnnekeFloorever

• Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2020, 08:21:49 pm »
@Wesp5,

Why do you think there is so much silence with this game currently? So much behind the scenes and no explanation and the last gameplay we got was over a year ago.

Also, Cyberpunk 2077 being a buggy mess but still being good just goes to show that good writing trumps everything.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal