Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Vampire the Masquerade Blood Hunt (Battle Royale Game No joke!!!)  (Read 7175 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Re: Vampire the Masquerade Blood Hunt (Battle Royale Game No joke!!!)
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2021, 07:18:33 am »
Outstar was the first to notice this scam, it's official
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2021, 08:33:44 pm »
You post a lot of very nice content and information, but when I saw "kotaku" on that link... Sorry, they have said so many shit on the past that I can't, I biased against them. When another site post something on the same line, ok, them I can believe.
Ok but the story is still the same.  :58_59:
So yeah i still think that this Kotaku link is fine.

Also i liked Kotaku mainly the Jason Schreier Inside Scoops but after he left Kotaku the site lost its appeal.
Edit: But it speaks volumes that no one wants to talk (or even want to play it  :funny: ) about Blood Hunt itself beside that it had its launch last week.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:37:23 pm by Wilhelm-Streicher »

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2021, 09:30:49 pm »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2021, 10:31:19 pm »
I just played it for a bit and to me it looked like the usual Battle Royal game, only in vampire clothing! Like the city is looking great and you and your team run around for a bit finding stuff until suddenly an enemy group appears, wild shooting starts and you are dead. I doubt there is enough time even to use vampiric disciplines or things like feeding much and the blood bags could easily be normal health packs.
Also in the background description it was mentioned that the prince of Prague said something like "If somebody breaks the Masquerade there will be a blood hunt." Which is really stupid as a blood hunt is probably the most Masquerade breaking thing possible! And of course me and my team climbed up the walls and were jumping down vampiric style all over the place without any humans nearby noticing...

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2021, 08:02:22 am »
Also in the background description it was mentioned that the prince of Prague said something like "If somebody breaks the Masquerade there will be a blood hunt." Which is really stupid as a blood hunt is probably the most Masquerade breaking thing possible! And of course me and my team climbed up the walls and were jumping down vampiric style all over the place without any humans nearby noticing...

That's how a blood hunt should technically work. I think  :tongue:
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2021, 08:24:18 am »
That's how a blood hunt should technically work. I think  :tongue:
I meant that a blood hunt should only be called in critical situations as it's a Masquerade breach itself. So calling it on each normal Masquerade breach is stupid!

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2021, 08:35:12 am »
I meant that a blood hunt should only be called in critical situations as it's a Masquerade breach itself. So calling it on each normal Masquerade breach is stupid!
But who are we to question the Prince of PR(ague)? Please, stop thinking about your beloved RPG game and consume our Battle Royale game. I mean, I assume it's still better than the visual novels, at least, right? A man can dream...  :rofl:

BTW, how long has it been without any Bloodines 2 news? Good thing there was nothing wrong with the project, and even if there was they weren't remaking it from scratch.  :shocked:

I never finished my 7 playthroughs in a row of the first, the lack of news deflated my mood... Although I'll probably get back to the original in a year or two. Who knows, maybe by then we'll be hearing about the sequel again.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2021, 09:39:20 am »
We should expect a blood hunt on the Prince of Prague?  :razz:
― me

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2021, 03:29:51 pm »
We should expect a blood hunt on the Prince of Prague?  :razz:
Well, he IS the one endangering the Masquerade, it seems.  :laugh:

Joking aside, I hope this one is at least a good game in its genre, even if I'll personally have nothing to do with it. Maybe it will keep the brand in the collective subconscious long enough that Paradox won't forget about Bloodlines 2.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2021, 05:26:28 pm »
I mean, I assume it's still better than the visual novels, at least, right?
I think the visual novels were much truer to the WoD lore than this game. And it's a shame to see such a nice rendering of Prague be used just for random shootouts instead of a real VtM game! It looks better than the Prague they build for Deux Ex...

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2021, 06:16:40 pm »
Maybe modders can use that map for a more lore-friendly project. If I remember correctly they are using the Unreal engine....
― me

Offline Candy Narwhal

• Neonate
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2021, 07:20:53 am »
I'm very sorry to report that I'm having a lot of fun with the game, regardless of its premise being unlikely, given the source material.  :vampwink:

Clocked about 70+ hours so far. It's definitely still an early-access title at this point, but the foundation of gameplay is solid, and the presentation is just fantastic.

I haven't really played any other BR games (not really my thing, typically) so I don't have much to compare it to, but my understanding is that people are enjoying it.

Who knows if it'll go anywhere though, between the accusations of the anti-cheat software being "Chinese spyware," and part of the community having decided that the game sucks no matter what, lmao.

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2021, 07:39:21 am »
I'm very sorry to report that I'm having a lot of fun with the game, regardless of its premise being unlikely, given the source material.  :vampwink:

Clocked about 70+ hours so far. It's definitely still an early-access title at this point, but the foundation of gameplay is solid, and the presentation is just fantastic.

I haven't really played any other BR games (not really my thing, typically) so I don't have much to compare it to, but my understanding is that people are enjoying it.

Who knows if it'll go anywhere though, between the accusations of the anti-cheat software being "Chinese spyware," and part of the community having decided that the game sucks no matter what, lmao.
Hey, if people are having fun, all the better, I don't think it's going to impact negatively Bloodlines 2 (and even if it did, what MORE could go wrong with it, anyway? XD). I read the nonsense about the spyware too. I mean, it's fine having doubts about Tencent's programs, but we have nothing to show it's any different from other anti-cheat tools, and the devs said it was their mistake that it wouldn't uninstall with the game.

What's fun about it for you? Does it give the feeling of being a badass vampire jumping from roof to roof?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal