Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Vampire the Masquerade Blood Hunt (Battle Royale Game No joke!!!)  (Read 10441 times)

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
Well this has to be a joke. It has to be a joke but no, they really want to make a Vampire the Masquerade Battle Royale game.  :facepalm: 

https://www.sharkmob.com/projects
Jeez, 2020 just sucks. Maybe this game is good but i am really not interested in it.
Also is a Vampire Battle Royale really a good idea? Are WOD and VTM Fans really into Battle Royales games? And isn´t the market for this kind of game not a litte bit oversaturated?
More infos from Neogaf. It's a Battle Royale set in VTM universe and is currently being developed by Studio Sharkmob.https://www.neogaf.com/threads/leaked-vampire-the-masquerade-battle-royale.1574355/

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 08:03:11 pm by Wilhelm-Streicher »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Re: Vampire the Masquerade Battle Royale Game (No joke!!!)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 07:25:38 pm »
I know nothing about this "Battle Royal". What exactly in this video made you think about it?
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 07:34:35 pm »
I know nothing about this "Battle Royal". What exactly in this video made you think about it?
You can´t be serious?!? You never heard about Battle Royale? I never played these game but sorry no offense you have to live under a rock if you never heard about these kind of games. I mean Fortnite, hello?  :haw: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_royale_game
To your question. The devs mention this in their description of this game.
"We have mentioned some time ago that we are working on a cult classic IP. We can now proudly say that it is a game set in the Vampire the Masquerade universe.
Originally a pen and paper roleplaying game it is a franchise that has shaped and influenced pop-culture since the 90’s. With strong roots and a firm grasp of the RPG genre we now embrace an additional audience with the introduction of an evolved Battle Royale experience.
The game is scheduled for release in late 2021 and if you want to stay up to date feel free to join the Sharkmob social media channels."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 11:15:30 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 08:48:05 pm »
Paradox just keeps hitting home runs, don't they :rofl: ?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 11:14:30 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 10:56:03 pm »
I really doubt that is true. If it is then it probably marks a new low to the IP IMO. I get why they would want to make a Battle Royale though, it brings a lot of money, but does it really have to be based on a roleplaying game with a focus on personal horror and political intrigue?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 11:14:12 pm by Wesp5 »

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 05:32:24 am »
I really doubt that is true. If it is then it probably marks a new low to the IP IMO.
Well its true. They really making this game.
Outstar who works for Paradox already made some comments about this. https://twitter.com/outstarwalker?lang=de
So yeah Paradox is really that desperate and milks the IP for a generic Battle Royale game.
I just wonder why this game has no name like Vampire the Masquerade Something something. Let´s hope that they don´t use Bloodlines for this like Vampire the Masquarade Bloodlines Battleground.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 10:42:08 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 06:25:17 am »
You can´t be serious?!? You never heard about Battle Royale? I never played these game but sorry no offense you have to live under a rock if you never heard about these kind of games. I mean Fortnite, hello?  :haw: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_royale_game

Honestly I've only heard the name of Battle Royale and the fame of Fortnite as the game for toxic kids but nothing else. I don't do multiplayer games.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 07:29:45 am »

So yeah Paradox is really that desperate and milks the IP for a generic Battle Royale game.

Why would they be so desperate?  they have some great games and great IPs, Even using the Shadowrun IP for instance, makes a whole lot more sense for a Battle Royale shooter.

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2020, 01:52:31 pm »
This is begging to sound like the fate of another David Mullich game - Heroes of Might and Magic 3. And Paradox is following the steps of Ubisoft. Sorry but I don't see anything good ahead for Bloodlines except fans mods.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 06:17:59 pm »
Even using the Shadowrun IP for instance, makes a whole lot more sense for a Battle Royale shooter.
Funny that you mentions Shadowrun. This reminds me that Shadowrun had a lame Online Shooter which was average at best and hated by most of Shadowrun fans because it has besides the setting nothing in common with the tabletop game.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 07:05:03 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2020, 06:32:12 pm »
Did they feel the IP was underutilized in the videogame world, so they are trying to build it up every step of the way? I mean, the visual novels so far seemed just a couple of steps above shovelware, though, so it seems like they just want to capitalize on the existing market, making a battle royale kind of an odd choice.

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2020, 06:53:28 pm »
Could end up being fun. We will have to wait and see. At this point until more info. I won't get excited. Also, I won't pay a penny.

Apex Legends was OK. But haven't played that since June 2019
Regards...

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2020, 07:05:53 pm »
Did they feel the IP was underutilized in the videogame world, so they are trying to build it up every step of the way? I mean, the visual novels so far seemed just a couple of steps above shovelware, though, so it seems like they just want to capitalize on the existing market, making a battle royale kind of an odd choice.
Look at this list, i mean Paradox is really milking the World of Darkness IP. They even allow other Publishers like Nacon to use it which is a pretty rare gaming business practice.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_of_Darkness_video_games
Apex Legends was OK. But haven't played that since June 2019
Apex Legends and Fortnite are fine games because of their developers already have a good reputation.
This game is on other hand made by a new studio named Sharkmob which hasn´t proven itself.
So yeah i really doubt that this game will be anything besides maybe average at best.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 07:57:11 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 05:35:00 am »
Funny that you mentions Shadowrun. This reminds me that Shadowrun had a lame Online Shooter which was average at best and hated by most of Shadowrun fans because it has besides the setting nothing in common with the tabletop game.

Don't see what is your point? I was aware of this shooter game, most big IPs had less successful games built around them. If they adapt Shadowrun to Battle royal there are several possible gameplay modes that could fit the story and settings since Shadowrun's gameplay typically centers around performing some kind of heist or other types of mercenary work.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2020, 06:34:56 pm »
If not for the teaser video, I would think that the other video footage through the link was some fake fan project. This looks AWFUL. As someone who's watched hundreds upon hundreds of hours of VtM tabletop game sessions, this is NOT what combat is like in VtM at all. Moreover, that "M" stands for "Masquerade," damnit. Some bullshit flashy combat all over the place in the streets with shitloads of players attacking one another with supernatural powers in plain sight is NOT kosher with the Masquerade or the vision of the setting at all.

This is an abomination. So it looks like Paradox is pulling a Disney or an EA...and oddly enough both concern Star Wars. Disney was shitting out Star Wars movies left and right and the products have suffered for it. EA was shitting out microtransaction-laden Star Wars games and turned off fans of their old stylings of Star Wars games. Jedi Fallen Order was a miracle, all things considered. Paradox has the rights to make World of Darkness products...and they are making THIS of all things? Who is this even for? The Fortnite fans want high-profile stuff, so they're not going to get this, and considering I am literally obsessed with VtM and am appalled by this, it's certainly not for me. So really: who the hell is going to buy it except for a dozen influencers looking to make funny YouTube videos trolling on it or reviewing it?
I am just blown away by this horrible decision. Paradox is shitting the bed HARD.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal