Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Vampire the Masquerade Blood Hunt (Battle Royale Game No joke!!!)  (Read 10439 times)

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
Re: Vampire the Masquerade Battle Royale Game (No joke!!!)
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2020, 07:08:17 pm »
Don't see what is your point?
My point is that this Shadowrun 2007 was a game which almost nobody from the Shadowrun fans wanted and therefore it was a financial failure. Or take Banjo Kazooie Bolts and Nuts. Not really a bad game but as a Banja Kozooie game well many people hated this game.
Paradox has the rights to make World of Darkness products...and they are making THIS of all things? Who is this even for? The Fortnite fans want high-profile stuff, so they're not going to get this, and considering I am literally obsessed with VtM and am appalled by this, it's certainly not for me. So really: who the hell is going to buy it except for a dozen influencers looking to make funny YouTube videos trolling on it or reviewing it?
I am just blown away by this horrible decision. Paradox is shitting the bed HARD.
Well we don´t even know if Paradox is the Publisher of this abomination. But we did know that Tencent owns Sharkmob and a 5% stake in Paradox.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-05-21-tencent-acquires-sharkmob
Also Tencent owns 48,4% in Epic Games. So any connections? Of course this has something to do with Tencent and less with Paradox.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 07:19:53 pm by Wilhelm-Streicher »

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2020, 08:36:36 pm »
Well we don´t even know if Paradox is the Publisher of this abomination. But we did know that Tencent owns Sharkmob and a 5% stake in Paradox.
Check the bottom of the screen in small print at the last second of that dogshit teaser video. It lists "Paradox Interactive" with "pub" in parentheses, so it does indeed appear that they are the publisher of this travesty.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2020, 08:44:13 pm »
Check the bottom of the screen in small print at the last second of that dogshit teaser video. It lists "Paradox Interactive" with "pub" in parentheses, so it does indeed appear that they are the publisher of this travesty.
Maybe or maybe not. I view this only as the typical trademark stuff at the end of each trailer.
And yeah Paradox owns the World of Darkness and therefore Vampire the Masquerade so there has to be a trademark.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 10:22:09 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2020, 10:44:01 pm »
This would have been the best April Fool's joke ever...like seriously...it's as though they tried to come up with the worst possible genre for a VtM game. I mean the only ones that might be worse are a dance game or a fishing game...

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Neonate
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2020, 10:55:27 am »

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2020, 03:23:09 pm »

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 07:03:51 pm »
Hey, one good thing that can come from this shitty battle royale VtM game, however, is that Outstar does official announcements of World of Darkness games on the World of Darkness YouTube channel. We've been unsure whether or not the things she's been saying about Bloodlines 2's behind-the-scenes stuff with Mitsoda, Ellison, etc. are true because we don't know if she has compromised her integrity for her employer. When she has to announce or talk about this new battle royale dumpster fire of a game, if she states personal feelings about being excited for it or thinking it looks good, etc., then we will know we should not believe a word she says anymore.
Or better yet, if they have to get someone else to announce it or talk about it in any positive light, that would also be a good sign since it might mean she asked not to have to do it for integrity reasons.
Either way, Outstar's comments or lack thereof about this turd of a game may give us quite a bit of information on where she stands.

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2020, 09:58:13 pm »
I don't trust anything Outstar has said since she joined White Wolf.  She is a Paradox shill now and will never speak against her employer.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2020, 03:44:18 am »
I don't trust anything Outstar has said since she joined White Wolf.  She is a Paradox shill now and will never speak against her employer.
I don't expect her to speak against them, of course. The question is whether or not she will attempt to praise the game. That's what I'm watching for, because then any shilling suspicions will be confirmed.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2020, 01:45:23 pm »
I don't expect her to speak against them, of course. The question is whether or not she will attempt to praise the game. That's what I'm watching for, because then any shilling suspicions will be confirmed.

She has to promote the game DarkProphet. She's not going to abstain from doing precisely what Paradox is paying her for unless she had complete editorial control of her own content.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2020, 02:49:09 pm »

She has to promote the game DarkProphet. She's not going to abstain from doing precisely what Paradox is paying her for unless she had complete editorial control of her own content.
I'm referring to going above and beyond news statements in her announcements. If you've followed her Bloodlines 2 coverage, she was incredibly excited and giddy after having played the Bloodlines 2 alpha, and expressed such in at least one of her videos. She hasn't done this with all of the WoD games. She's had differing levels of interest/excitement in the videos. For example, Bloodlines 2 has her way more jazzed than the Wraith VR game and the Werewolf visual novel. This battle royale looks like hot garbage, and if she does more than smile and say what the game is - i.e. adding positive opinions, etc. - then it would be a sign of being a complete sell-out. As I stated, she hasn't shown the same levels of excitement or interest in all of the WoD products. She can't shit on their games, but she can absolutely express positive opinions as evidenced by her various WoD announcement videos, some of which seem just curious while in others she seems somewhat excited.
The fact she varies her levels of interest/excitement is indicative of her having some level of freedom in regard to what she says about the game, so long as it's nothing negative or verifiably false at the time (they could get sued for false advertising). If you don't think it matters in the announcement video if she were to smile and say "This is the new battle royale VtM game," and explains its features, as opposed to her saying "OMG this looks incredible! I love it!" when taking into consideration all of the WoD announcement videos before it, then you are missing out on a potential opportunity to learn more about her credibility.
If you've seen her acting totally jazzed about a product that looks like pure shit, let me know...though don't be an edgy prick and say "Bloodlines 2, hurr hurr!" XD   The behind the scenes stuff and that stupid third person flip-kick move are the only issues I have with Bloodlines 2 off the top of my head. I hate that flip kick SO MUCH. Anyway, other than that, the game looks awesome. The behind-the-scenes stuff is just really scary stuff that unnerves us.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2020, 08:11:02 pm »
I don´t know why we even talk about Outstar. Of course we can´t trust her 100%  because she works for the World of Darkness team / aka Paradox.
So yeah she will defend even the shittest game because that´s her job now.
But she will lose somewhat of her passion / excitement.

By the way new infos. Its Free to Play, third person and the game take place during one special night in Prague.
"What about a more story-driven approach for World of Darkness games? We are releasing two narrative RPGs in the future (VTM: Bloodlines 2 and VTM: Swansong), we released three visual novels (WTA: Heart of the Forest, VTM: Coteries of NY, VTM: Shadows of NY), there are also two story-driven horror games (WTO: Afterlife, The Orpheus Device) and three interactive novels (Choice of Games). Adding one multiplayer game to this jolly group won’t hurt, especially as it also shares an important part of V5 lore, and has its own, rich story."

https://www.worldofdarkness.com/news/battle-royale-in-vampire-the-masquerade-world

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2020, 08:53:22 pm »
I don´t know why we even talk about Outstar. Of course we can´t trust her 100%  because she works for the World of Darkness team / aka Paradox.
So yeah she will defend even the shittest game because that´s her job now.
But she will lose somewhat of her passion / excitement.

By the way new infos. Its Free to Play, third person and the game take place during one special night in Prague.
"What about a more story-driven approach for World of Darkness games? We are releasing two narrative RPGs in the future (VTM: Bloodlines 2 and VTM: Swansong), we released three visual novels (WTA: Heart of the Forest, VTM: Coteries of NY, VTM: Shadows of NY), there are also two story-driven horror games (WTO: Afterlife, The Orpheus Device) and three interactive novels (Choice of Games). Adding one multiplayer game to this jolly group won’t hurt, especially as it also shares an important part of V5 lore, and has its own, rich story."

https://www.worldofdarkness.com/news/battle-royale-in-vampire-the-masquerade-world
Haha, "adding one multiplayer game to this jolly group won't hurt." Bullshit. If that was my first exposure to VtM, I probably wouldn't ever give the franchise a second glance.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2020, 10:31:01 pm »
It could be something like the Bloodhunt in Bloodlines where normal humans were convinced to stay indoor due to some terror attack, gas leak fake news or similar.

We are releasing two narrative RPGs in the future (VTM: Bloodlines 2 and VTM: Swansong)
Can anybody remind me what we know about Swansong? Will this be first person, third person or just another novel thing?

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2020, 11:03:17 pm »
Can anybody remind me what we know about Swansong? Will this be first person, third person or just another novel thing?
They haven't really said, to my knowledge. They made some other game that was first person in some high society social gathering with lots of dialog, I believe. My guess is we will lack the freedoms given by such games as Bloodlines to simply attack whomever (with some exceptions), sneak when I want, explore a city, etc.
I'm certainly curious about it, but I'm not putting much hope in that game.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal