* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Vampire the Masquerade Blood Hunt (Battle Royale Game No joke!!!)  (Read 16327 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Vampire the Masquerade Blood Hunt (Battle Royale Game No joke!!!)
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2021, 11:01:33 pm »
The game succeeds or fails based on whether or not people are spending money in that cash shop and that's it.
Exactly, but for this to work they probably need at least > 10000 players like other BR games and not > 1000...

Offline Darkfury

• Neonate
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2021, 02:17:24 am »
these days in gaming are hard couse on the one hand You have some really strong single player titles ....on the other big MMo 's which offer you kinda almost constant game progress  --well they try like GW2 which is quite impressive game  .... Quick battle royale might be not the best shoot ..... even that it's set up in a WoD ...but nowadays i can clearly see the trend that even good Lore can fail couse of gameplay .....even Bloodlines has clumsy gameplay that is why it hits just some fans not a mass succes that was by the premiere day .  Maybe that's why WoD online have failed .... having good lore it's not always only advantage.

I wish best for any game but WoD as a world deserved something better...  Vampire stories are quite challenging to tell  (i think BR is just a too flat to be attractive) ...
Btw if anybody has ever seen Last of US and this story ....how it's told and how develops  ...what a masterpiece....    I Recommend that strongly ...
Wish that Bloodlines 2 will give us something so strong to remember....

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2021, 09:18:53 pm »
They should cancel it like the Legacy of Kain Multiplayer spin-off Nosgoth. Also who is their core audience with this game? The World of Darkness RPG fans? Well most fans hate the idea of a Battle Royale in a Vampire setting.
So the Fortnite crowd? They have plenty of better alternatives to choose. And the casual gamer? Why would he / she want to play this? It's not terrible but isn´t great either.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 09:48:22 pm by Wesp5 »

• Antediluvian
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2021, 10:21:55 pm »

• Antediluvian
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2022, 10:23:35 pm »
"The funniest thing with all of this was to announce a Vampire: The Masquerade battle royale game, because we knew people were gonna go apeshit," says Martin Hultberg, communications and IP director at Sharkmob.We always hoped that Bloodlines 2 would come out before us. And that was the initial plan as well, because we knew that Bloodlines 2 was the – for lack of a better word – 'proper' Vampire: The Masquerade experience. So we were supposed to come out after Bloodlines 2, which would have fit us perfectly," says Hultberg. "The hardcore fans would have gotten their experience and we could have come out afterwards. Sadly, that team ran into problems and, obviously, we didn't run into as many problems."https://www.gamesradar.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodhunt-devs-says-they-always-hoped-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-would-come-out-first/
I still not like the idea of a Battle Royale game in the vampire setting (Edit: Also it should focus more on the vampire powers & melee and less on guns)
 but maybe in hindsight i was a bit a unfair to Sharkmob.  By the way the game have left early access.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2022, 08:52:26 am »
According to SteamCharts it has over 12000 people playing it right now which is okay. The player numbers of their playtest went down after a short time, let's see if the full game fares better!

• Antediluvian
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2022, 08:50:11 am »
According to SteamCharts it has over 12000 people playing it right now which is okay. The player numbers of their playtest went down after a short time, let's see if the full game fares better!
I don´t think that it will be much better with the full release. Maybe there is a small chance but they need at least weekly new content to be relevant.
By the way i still don´t know why Sharkmob made the game besides brand recognition. "Why not create a new vampire ip with their own game rules so the Masquerade fans weren´t gonna go apeshit." ?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 10:11:12 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2022, 11:33:38 am »
By the way i still don´t know why Sharkmob made the game besides brand recognition.
Maybe they got financial support from Paradox to deliver a "real" VtM game until BL2 is released?

Offline Compassion

• Neonate
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2022, 08:00:17 am »
I would be really surprised if this was a success.

The logic here is well battle royale games are popular, therefore lets make a vampire themed one.

The first problem, they're late to the game. There are already well established battle royale games with their own fanbase out there. Why play a poor copy if you can play the original ? This is really the same problem as with the many WoW clones back when MMORPGs have been popular.

The second problem, this game isnt sufficiently different from regular battle royale games. So even if they manage to make the game as polished as established titles, there isnt really much of a motive to switch. Its only a slight change.

The third problem is the many lore problems. Why are guns suddenly so effective against vampires. A Gangrel/Ventrue with Fortitude and good armor is supposed to be basically immune to them. Why are there only three clans, each with only three abilities, and with names that dont refer to anything established. Why do the human authorities and vampire hunters not react to this massive break of the masquerade.

All that might not mean much to the regular battle royale fans. But anyone who is into fantasy will probably object.

I think it would have been much better if they would have changed the recipe of battle royale around much more.

For example there could be more clans, with names closer to tradition, also probably more special abilities. Maybe different amounts of special abilities - a Tremere might have 10, a Brujah just 3.

And/or maybe guns would be present, but less effective, especially against Gangrel and Ventrue; thus melee should be dominant.

Instead of fighting in the open, one could fight in sewers, with only the occasional sewer worker as snacks. Or in a cave system, with an occasional miner. Maybe there could also be some lost city, like Tshernobyl, with only few highly radiation protected humans present.

Maps and map placement of the players could be random generated.

What I've seen however is very close to the usual stuff. Except you suck blood occasionally and get three abilities and theres some special ways you can see better than usually. But otherwise, really not that different.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2022, 09:33:22 am »
Please no more sewers ;)! But I agree, they could have made this differently. Not fast gun play on roof tops, but slow exploration and stalking of enemies without being seen breaking the Masquerade. Because the map of Prag itself is rather beautiful, but it feels wasted on this game!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal