Author Topic: Third Person mode/perspective, join the fight!  (Read 1362 times)

Offline fantocan

• Fledgling
Third Person mode/perspective, join the fight!
« on: May 12, 2019, 07:27:17 PM »
Look, not to say third person is better than first person, but having the option to do both is a huge part on games, specially in RPG games, Bloodlines 1 had it but developers seems to not want to work on 3rd person for Bloodlines 2.

Please join the effort to press them to do it, first person gives me headaches (and many more people), otherwise this game will fall to the same damned fate as the original: be crappy until Modders fix it up (add 3rd person). Sign the pettition and spread the word. Thanks.

https://www.change.org/p/hardsuit-labs-convince-paradox-interactive-to-add-3rd-person-view-for-bloodlines-2

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
Re: Third Person mode/perspective, join the fight!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 07:30:28 PM »
Look, not to say third person is better than first person, but having the option to do both is a huge part on games, specially in RPG games, Bloodlines 1 had it but developers seems to not want to work on 3rd person for Bloodlines 2.

Please join the effort to press them to do it, first person gives me headaches (and many more people), otherwise this game will fall to the same damned fate as the original: be crappy until Modders fix it up (add 3rd person). Sign the pettition and spread the word. Thanks.

https://www.change.org/p/hardsuit-labs-convince-paradox-interactive-to-add-3rd-person-view-for-bloodlines-2

While I would like to see the option for people who would enjoy it, this is far down on the list of things necessary for the game to be enjoyable for me. For instance, if I were you, I'd be more concerned about the prospect of your melee weapons breaking after you use them a bunch...in a game where the predecessor has finite resources, meaning you'll lose all your cool weapons (if there are any).

If the camera angle is more important to you than being borderline forced to focus on fist-fighting or Disciplines, then I don't know that we (or many other users and yourself) can find any common ground.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 10:48:12 PM »
I signed it, but only because it's being asked respectfully and the arguments are being presented in a rational manner. By Cain and Lilith I will not sign "demands" or any other gamer bullshit like that. I agree that if it can be done then it should be implemented in the final release.

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 06:58:33 AM »
I signed it, but it doesn't seem very likely to become a reality. With a 1 year window, they'd have to add all the required animations and work on the camera, probably adapt hitboxes and many other things I can't think of off the top of my head right now. It's not the kind of effort you commit to near the end, because it can lead to a lot of technical issues (see how not even 3D platformers seem to get the camera right often enough).

I'd be thrilled if it happened, though. ^_^

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 09:22:03 AM »
I don´t signed this because its too late that they change some that time consuming and
i would prefer that they spent their remaining time in polishing the game.
And second we haven´t seen any real long gameplay video.
So lets wait and see.

Also there already 6 DLC Outfits for the playercharacter and it would be very pointless if
they were only shown in first person.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 09:50:02 AM by Wilhelm Streicher 19 »

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Neonate
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 09:32:37 AM »
It's weird how the devs boast about wanting to make the game "accessible" for all but then just forget about people with motion sickness who are unable to play fps games. I guess this is one feature they just assumed most people wouldn't care about losing, and I can understand wanting to limit development cost and time allocation.

A third person mode would be welcome even if it isn't optimised for certain actions (like shooting in the original game)

Edit : that pic on the change petition is the cringiest thing I have seen today...argh my eyes
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 09:34:28 AM by Sabbat_stalker »
Funny Funny x 2 View List

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 09:39:01 AM »
Is it even confirmed, that the game is only in first person? I haven't found anything.
I tend to have problems with first person too (that's why it takes me so long to finish Dishonoured 2), but I agree with Wilhelm, that it is probably too late to change the gameplay now.
But maybe, they only showed first person for the trailer, because it makes for a better cinematic?
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 09:47:04 AM »
Is it even confirmed, that the game is only in first person? I haven't found anything.
No in some Moments like climbing a ladder or some "awesome" moments in the story or combat its third person.
Maybe but i doubt that a little its also some moments when the player takes cover.

Here the official response.
"The game is an immersive first person only experience, but it does feature some moments where you'll see your character in third person view.
The game doesn't have a full third person mode, but there will be several ways to see your characters in 3rd person view, but we can't share any specifics at the moment though. :)"
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/3rd-person.1162015/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 09:58:42 AM by Wilhelm Streicher 19 »

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 10:15:50 AM »
No in some Moments like climbing a ladder or some "awesome" moments in the story or combat its third person.
Maybe but i doubt that a little its also some moments when the player takes cover.

Here the official response.
"The game is an immersive first person only experience, but it does feature some moments where you'll see your character in third person view.
The game doesn't have a full third person mode, but there will be several ways to see your characters in 3rd person view, but we can't share any specifics at the moment though. :)"
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/3rd-person.1162015/

Thank you, I have somehow missed that
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 11:48:09 AM »
Maybe it could be delivered through an update after launch.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 12:06:20 PM »

I bet that this is Auspex related, which means that the third person model must exist with several animations...

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 12:19:56 AM »

I bet that this is Auspex related, which means that the third person model must exist with several animations...

Wesp, learn Unreal Engine already so we can rely on you to deliver us patches to fix the game and metaphorically take us to the Kindred promised land (let's call it Neo-Carthage XD).
Like Like x 1 Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 02:13:01 AM »

Strange, I would feel there would be no need for it.

I mostly imagine third person currently being stealth kill animations or finishing moves when fighting.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 02:16:53 AM »

Strange, I would feel there would be no need for it.

I mostly imagine third person currently being stealth kill animations or finishing moves when fighting.

I hadn't considered third person for stealth kills, even though Bloodlines 1 did it. For some reason, I'm imagining a character standing behind an enemy in third person now, doing little mock pelvic thrusts and throwing up "the horns" toward the camera whilst baring fangs and stabbing an enemy in the neck real quick a couple of times.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 04:03:25 AM »
Well... maybe that... or like Skyrim, lol.