* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Epic (Store) Fail  (Read 11953 times)

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
Re: The Epic (Store) Fail
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2019, 06:07:37 am »
I bought it on Steam first but often if the price is right and I see a game on GOG even if I have it on Steam or Origin, I get it on GOG.  I love the lack of DRM.

Now that you mention it, I am quite concerned about Origin. That is the client that can actually go down and under. And then what ? They will take Commander Shepard from me ?

It was annoying when EA decided to make their newer games Origin exclusives. 

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2019, 06:11:53 am »
I bought it on Steam first but often if the price is right and I see a game on GOG even if I have it on Steam or Origin, I get it on GOG.  I love the lack of DRM.

Now that you mention it, I am quite concerned about Origin. That is the client that can actually go down and under. And then what ? They will take Commander Shepard from me ?

It was annoying when EA decided to make their newer games Origin exclusives.

I'm trying to think of any other games I would ever want to buy on their service. Now that I've given up on Bioware and EA has digested Visceral (no more Dead Space), I think I don't need them any more.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2019, 10:42:18 am »
Games platform for rentals posed as purchases + scam game producer and entertainment cancer = origin

"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2019, 01:00:10 pm »
Games platform for rentals posed as purchases + scam game producer and entertainment cancer = origin

Haha, great pic.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2019, 12:21:55 am »

"Over my dead body"

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2019, 02:48:09 am »
"Over my dead body"

While I didn't agree with the direction he helped take ME3, I always did think he was kinda sexy.  I hope he CAN keep BioWare around.  I would be devastated if they closed up shop.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2019, 05:20:47 am »
While I didn't agree with the direction he helped take ME3, I always did think he was kinda sexy.  I hope he CAN keep BioWare around.  I would be devastated if they closed up shop.

I don't think it will be necessarily EA's fault. A lot of good people left Bioware after fan outrage... but yeah, its' all in Casey Hudson's hands now.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2019, 05:55:44 am »

I don't think it will be necessarily EA's fault. A lot of good people left Bioware after fan outrage... but yeah, its' all in Casey Hudson's hands now.

I get the impression some were very demoralized by the fan outrage. Up til the ME3 ending controversy BioWare had mainly been getting praise with DA2's lukewarm reception being their worst criticism to date at the time. 

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2019, 06:47:28 am »
I get the impression some were very demoralized by the fan outrage. Up til the ME3 ending controversy BioWare had mainly been getting praise with DA2's lukewarm reception being their worst criticism to date at the time.

Which is insane given how amazing Witty Hawke is... :D !

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2019, 06:55:38 am »

Which is insane given how amazing Witty Hawke is... :D !

Its an enjoyable game, for sure. 

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2019, 04:36:31 am »
*necros the living shit out of this thread*

Y'know, I really do hope that the Epic Game Store fails...well...epically. Sure, Bloodlines 2 isn't exclusive to it, but if it gets a sequel, it could be, and other games are ending up exclusive on it. Now I have to either buy Borderlands 3 on that dog turd launcher that doesn't even have a shopping cart or wait an extra six months. Obviously, I'm going the superior-human-being route and waiting the six months to stick it to these scumbags who have utterly teabagged the consumer, but this still sucks.

I can only hope there is sufficient solidarity to ruin the EGS. If enough weasel gamers can't resist the temptation to play games earlier on a dumpster fire of a launcher, then EGS will win. D':

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2019, 05:36:53 am »
*necros the living shit out of this thread*

Y'know, I really do hope that the Epic Game Store fails...well...epically. Sure, Bloodlines 2 isn't exclusive to it, but if it gets a sequel, it could be, and other games are ending up exclusive on it. Now I have to either buy Borderlands 3 on that dog turd launcher that doesn't even have a shopping cart or wait an extra six months. Obviously, I'm going the superior-human-being route and waiting the six months to stick it to these scumbags who have utterly teabagged the consumer, but this still sucks.

I can only hope there is sufficient solidarity to ruin the EGS. If enough weasel gamers can't resist the temptation to play games earlier on a dumpster fire of a launcher, then EGS will win. D':

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2019, 08:23:59 am »
I can only hope there is sufficient solidarity to ruin the EGS.

I hope the exact opposite, that the Epic store prevails and finally forces Valve to clean up Steam from all the asset flip games and other rubbish.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2019, 08:43:04 am »
Obviously after ending their bullcrap tactics in favor of a more friendly approach....
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:55:14 am by Barabbah »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2019, 12:11:38 pm »
I hope the exact opposite, that the Epic store prevails and finally forces Valve to clean up Steam from all the asset flip games and other rubbish.

I wonder if it's possible to have a decent approval pace, while keeping the rubbish out. I try to think to myself what's the issue, because approval can be very slow, or even arbitrary, whenever some form of curation is applied.

As much as I like GOG, I know of some devs that got really bad experiences with them when it comes to being rejected.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal