Author Topic: Returning Bloodlines 1 Characters Speculation  (Read 7205 times)

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
Re: Returning Bloodlines 1 Characters Speculation
« Reply #465 on: June 11, 2019, 11:12:04 PM »
I agree with Wesp, that doesn't look like Nines. As much as I would like to see him again (though not as much as Gary, Mitnick or Damsel from the L.A. vampires), I don't think, it's Nines.

But, if Wilhelm is right, well, that would be a nice surprise.

The Nosferatu looked good. Is the other, Slug, a Nosferatu too? He looked a bit demonic - the one, you have to catch for the wannabe VV. But she said, he is a Thinblood, so he shouldn't show that much features from a clan, should he?

Maybe the Nosferatu curse is just so extreme it even shows on their Thinbloods?  It makes me wonder though, what would happen if Slug was given the chance to diablerize a vampire from any clan he wanted and he picked Toreador.  I know it wouldn't make him magically turn pretty, but what would a Toreador with Nosferatu features be like?  Maybe if there was one local not so hostile but very talented Tzimisce around, willing to perform vampiric plastic surgery that could change. lol 

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #466 on: June 12, 2019, 03:30:41 AM »
I agree with Wesp, that doesn't look like Nines. As much as I would like to see him again (though not as much as Gary, Mitnick or Damsel from the L.A. vampires), I don't think, it's Nines.

The Nosferatu looked good. Is the other, Slug, a Nosferatu too? He looked a bit demonic - the one, you have to catch for the wannabe VV. But she said, he is a Thinblood, so he shouldn't show that much features from a clan, should he?

Maybe the Nosferatu curse is just so extreme it even shows on their Thinbloods?  It makes me wonder though, what would happen if Slug was given the chance to diablerize a vampire from any clan he wanted and he picked Toreador.  I know it wouldn't make him magically turn pretty, but what would a Toreador with Nosferatu features be like?  Maybe if there was one local not so hostile but very talented Tzimisce around, willing to perform vampiric plastic surgery that could change. lol

Hahaha, a Toreador with Nosferatu looks. That is MESSED up. XD

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #467 on: June 12, 2019, 03:37:15 AM »

I think it would make a fun character, especially if he was delusional about his own looks and thought himself utterly beautiful.  lol

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #468 on: June 12, 2019, 04:32:56 AM »

I think it would make a fun character, especially if he was delusional about his own looks and thought himself utterly beautiful.  lol

To be fair, if he found himself utterly beautiful, then he would have to find anyone even quasi-attractive to be positively hideous to the point of bringing him physical disgust and avoidance.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #469 on: June 12, 2019, 05:37:47 AM »

To be fair, if he found himself utterly beautiful, then he would have to find anyone even quasi-attractive to be positively hideous to the point of bringing him physical disgust and avoidance.

Would he?  I have found that many people delusional about their own looks simply imagine they look a way that they really don't. 

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #470 on: June 12, 2019, 06:11:34 AM »

Outstar explained in her video, that a Thinblood can have the curse of their clan, so I guess, Slug is just extremely unlucky, having developed such extreme features.

A Tzimisce can't change a Nosferatu permanently, the curse prevents that too.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #471 on: June 12, 2019, 06:47:03 AM »

Outstar explained in her video, that a Thinblood can have the curse of their clan, so I guess, Slug is just extremely unlucky, having developed such extreme features.

But that wouldn't apply to Slug if he became a Toreador through sanctioned diablerie.

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #472 on: June 12, 2019, 06:57:20 AM »
The picture is at least... unclear, my bet is he isn't nines.

If I would make some character returning, I will do some of the roaming chars... like Pisha, Beckett, etc...
Will have more sense...

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #473 on: June 12, 2019, 12:35:48 PM »

Would he?  I have found that many people delusional about their own looks simply imagine they look a way that they really don't.

Oh, you mean if he imagined he looked good as opposed to genuinely liking the way he looked? Then yeah, but I mean like if he genuinely found how he looked attractive, then the opposite would be horribly unattractive to him.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #474 on: June 12, 2019, 03:19:39 PM »

Oh, you mean if he imagined he looked good as opposed to genuinely liking the way he looked? Then yeah, but I mean like if he genuinely found how he looked attractive, then the opposite would be horribly unattractive to him.

True, that's how most people tend to be. 

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #475 on: June 12, 2019, 05:48:56 PM »

But that wouldn't apply to Slug if he became a Toreador through sanctioned diablerie.

I don't know - can you really change your clan through diablerie?
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #476 on: June 12, 2019, 07:33:54 PM »

Not if you are already a full blooded vampire.  Diablerie can lower your generation but it won't change your clan.  Thinbloods on the other hand can join a clan and become full blooded vampires this way.  This may be how we will do it in Bloodlines 2.  Remember that we start out as thinbloods and later on we are able to choose which clan we want to join and we will become a full blooded vampire.  The only method in the World of Darkness that I am aware of that will let a thinblood choose a clan and become fullblooded is diablerie so chances are pretty good that this is how it will happen in the game. 

So if Slug is a Thinblood, as he is described in the trailer, then it would still be theoretically possible for him to become a Toreador vampire if he were to diablerize a fullblooded Toreador.

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #477 on: June 12, 2019, 08:51:22 PM »

Not if you are already a full blooded vampire.  Diablerie can lower your generation but it won't change your clan.  Thinbloods on the other hand can join a clan and become full blooded vampires this way.  This may be how we will do it in Bloodlines 2.  Remember that we start out as thinbloods and later on we are able to choose which clan we want to join and we will become a full blooded vampire.  The only method in the World of Darkness that I am aware of that will let a thinblood choose a clan and become fullblooded is diablerie so chances are pretty good that this is how it will happen in the game. 

So if Slug is a Thinblood, as he is described in the trailer, then it would still be theoretically possible for him to become a Toreador vampire if he were to diablerize a fullblooded Toreador.

OK, I thought, this only works for the clan, you were embraced in. For example, if you are embraced by a Tremere and become a Thin blood, you have to diablerize another Tremere to become a full vampire. But I'm not that familiar with Thinbloods. Hopefully poor Slug survives to make that choice :)

― Doctor Who

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #478 on: June 12, 2019, 09:03:49 PM »
Guys Guys can you please for the sake of my health (and others) just quote the part of the last post you answer to?

This isn´t rocket science to use and maybe edit [ quote ] and [ / quote ]
So don´t be that lazy. ;)

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #479 on: June 12, 2019, 10:58:24 PM »
OK, I thought, this only works for the clan, you were embraced in. For example, if you are embraced by a Tremere and become a Thin blood, you have to diablerize another Tremere to become a full vampire. But I'm not that familiar with Thinbloods. Hopefully poor Slug survives to make that choice :)

The vast majority of Thinbloods are also Caitiff, meaning that they do not know what clan they descend from and they have no clan specific traits, Slug's Nosferatu like appearance not withstanding.  They are clanless. Its because their vitae is so diluted by the 14th, 15th (and possibly even 16th) generations that they do not have a clan, despite who it was that sired them.  Half of all 14th Generation vampires are thinbloods and ALL 15th generation vampires are thinbloods.  It was originally believed that the 15th generation was the final generation but Becket has found evidence of 15th gen thinbloods successfully embracing, though I imagine that it is incredibly rare and powerfully difficult.  As an aside, I assume that Lily was 14th gen and E is 15th gen.   

I should also mention that though Thinbloods are almost all Caitiff, not all Caitiff are thinbloods.