Author Topic: Returning Bloodlines 1 Characters Speculation  (Read 8074 times)

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
Re: Returning Bloodlines 1 Characters Speculation
« Reply #585 on: July 02, 2019, 03:12:00 AM »
Agreed, the SoL are annoying, compassionless zealots. 

I wouldn't be as strict. Bach is shown to be that way, but if you listen in to some of the conversations at the Leopold Society, you will hear that he is seen as a fanatic by several of the normal hunters too. So there might still be some more liberal hunters in the SoL as well...

But then the moment they see you they attack.  That always cancels those conversations out, for me.

Yeah, and in VtM Redemption, the Tzimisce say much the same of their own kind. OH! And in ME: Andromeda, the butthole aliens say that of the villain of their own kind. Just because they think one person is going too far doesn't mean they're not freaking terrible when adhering to their normal ideology. My guess is that the SoL just does't like the sheer obsession Bach has with LaCroix. He has let things become personal for him. Other Hunters would've left LaCroix on their to-do list after he was bothersome for a while. Plenty of other bloodsuckers to kill and wasting too much time on one cuts into the time to kill all the others.

And yes, DarkZephyr, I would want to play a Shih or a Western Imbued Hunter who is an Innocent or a Redeemer. Innocents are all about dialog with the supernatural and only killing them if there's no way to make them stop being buttholes. A Redeemer is a bit less of a "softie":

"Redeemers are a creed of Hunters that follow the virtue of Mercy. Like Innocents, they do not believe all monsters are evil, but they do believe they are unnatural and that the worthy among them should be saved from their condition. In many cases, especially for the undead, this means a "clean" death, in which the soul is supposedly cleansed. For others, like werewolves and warlocks, Redeemers face harder decisions. They are commonly granted Edges which help monsters to see the error of their ways. It is a mistake, however, to think that Redeemers see good in every supernatural creature; they seek only to save those they find worthy, and destroy the rest." (from the wiki)

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
Re: Returning Bloodlines 1 Characters Speculation
« Reply #586 on: August 04, 2019, 07:53:02 PM »
I wouldn't be as strict. Bach is shown to be that way, but if you listen in to some of the conversations at the Leopold Society, you will hear that he is seen as a fanatic by several of the normal hunters too. So there might still be some more liberal hunters in the SoL as well...

I don't think anyone in kindred society would think of a "liberal hunter" as anything other than a massive oxymoron.

It would be nice though, to think even vampires could align themselves with vampire hunters if it SOMEHOW suited their interests... take notes Brian.