Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Please bring back Brian Mitsoda  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
Please bring back Brian Mitsoda
« on: February 23, 2021, 10:33:07 am »
With the recent news that Hardsuits Labs is no longer involved with Bloodlines 2 and Paradox is looking for a new studio may I suggest to bring the man back who started the whole project with his friend Ka´ai Cluney? I am talking of course about Brian Mitsoda.

Please Paradox bring him back. I don´t think that Paradox will read this, but this thread is more addressed at the Bloodlines fans.
Maybe if we all tell Paradox in the Paradox forum, twitter or all the other Paradox media that the best thing that they currently can do this might bring back Brian Mitsoda.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 12:40:02 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
Re: Please bring back Brian Mitsoda
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 11:01:58 am »
I wish that would happen, but who knows what's even the plan at this point. Does Paradox have any studio with RPG experience under their belt, or is it a guarantee that a third party dev will have to get involved?

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 11:08:11 am »
I wish that would happen, but who knows what's even the plan at this point. Does Paradox have any studio with RPG experience under their belt, or is it a guarantee that a third party dev will have to get involved?
Yes the Shadow Run studio. Also a Seattle studio and owned by Paradox. Maybe right now the best but not perfect studio for the game?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harebrained_Schemes
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 12:41:11 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 11:30:52 am »
Yes the Shadow Run studio. Also a Seattle studio and owned by Paradox. Maybe right now the best but not perfect studio for the game?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harebrained_Schemes
I had completely forgotten they are with Paradox. I guess the next question would be if the Bloodlines 2 has technical issues which need to be resolved, and if they have experience with developing a first person game. I wish I could know just what's wrong with the game that it had to reach this point.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 12:41:22 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 07:46:06 am »
It would be great to have Mitsoda back. I completely ignored everything Bloodlines 2 related, since he left, because I didn't have much hope, that this game will be as good as the first one without him.
Instead of pre-ordering Bloodlines 2, I pre-ordered Baldurs Gate 3 and play the hell out of that game. I would be glad to be able to looking forward to B2 again.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 09:24:30 am »
It would be great to have Mitsoda back. I completely ignored everything Bloodlines 2 related, since he left, because I didn't have much hope, that this game will be as good as the first one without him.
Instead of pre-ordering Bloodlines 2, I pre-ordered Baldurs Gate 3 and play the hell out of that game. I would be glad to be able to looking forward to B2 again.
How is the early access? Do you get lots of different choices based on your stats/skills?

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 09:42:32 am »
How is the early access? Do you get lots of different choices based on your stats/skills?
Please lets stick to the topic. If you want contuine this discussion please use another thread.
This thread should be only about Brian Mitsoda. Thank you.  :smiley:

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 09:49:57 am »
Please lets stick to the topic. If you want contuine this discussion please use another thread.
This thread should be only about Brian Mitsoda. Thank you.  :smiley:
My bad, I couldn't help but wonder. XD

Speaking of Brian, it doesn't seem like he is involved in any project at the moment, correct?

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 09:53:18 am »

It's great, lot's of stuff to do. If you want to know more, just pm me.

It's not totally offtopic, since over in the Larian board people are speculating, if Bloodlines 2 is coming to Larian. They just stocked up their personnel a lot and speculations are flying high about a new game development. I'm pretty sure that this will not happen, but still, it shows, that the development of Bloodlines 2 and it's problems is heavily discussed in a lot of different forums.

Do you think, it is realistic that Mitsoda might return to the project? I would love to have him back, I did lost a bit of faith in the game since most of the staff including the main writer left (as you can see since I didn't write in this section of the board for a long time).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 10:13:42 am by Wesp5 »
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 10:37:47 am »
It's not totally offtopic, since over in the Larian board people are speculating, if Bloodlines 2 is coming to Larian. They just stocked up their personnel a lot and speculations are flying high about a new game development. I'm pretty sure that this will not happen, but still, it shows, that the development of Bloodlines 2 and it's problems is heavily discussed in a lot of different forums.
This seems highly unlikely. This new Larian project is 99% something Divinity related or, shocker, something new.

But to be fair it does make more sense than other RPG studios who are owned by Microsoft or someone else.
Do you think, it is realistic that Mitsoda might return to the project?
Who knows? Maybe, but is it realistic? Also maybe he doesn´t want to work for Paradox again because of unknown reasons. Lets say I want to be optimistic.

But I think that we can rule out that Cara Ellison will come back because she moved back to the UK and found another job there.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 05:33:31 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 07:38:50 pm »
The idea of Brian Mitsoda being rehired since Hardsuit Labs is the group that fired him and they're no longer working on the game also occurred to me. I doubt it will happen, but I would really like to see it. As for that Cluney dude, I don't know. I don't know enough about him to want him back on the project as strongly as I do Brian.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 06:15:00 pm by Wesp5 »

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2021, 05:19:28 pm »

Offline Pyoro-2

• Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2021, 10:34:43 am »
Any summary, or do we actually have to watch the clickbait vid to find out that they don't know anything either? :p

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 10:46:41 am »
Any summary, or do we actually have to watch the clickbait vid to find out that they don't know anything either? :p
Nothing new. It does recap a few things we learned during the various presentations and talks about Bloodlines 2 from devs and producers, as well as talk about some of the doubts the gameplay videos raised along the way, but if you expect an answer to the question in the title, it's not there (heck, he is pretty much asking the question during the video, specifically because he doesn't know the answer, in a sense).

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2021, 08:55:15 pm »
Brian Mitsoda: "Happy to share a project I've been contributing to while I've been working on my other projects - The Fermi Paradox. It combines my love of history, hard sci-fi, and gardening  (on a galactic scale) with branching narrative choices. "
https://twitter.com/bmitsoda/status/1402740317355495426?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1402740317355495426%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

https://www.pcgamer.com/former-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-writers-join-the-fermi-paradox/
So Brian Mitsoda and Cara Ellison are working on a game called The Fermi Paradox. Coincidence or has the title anything to do with their departure from Paradox Bloodlines 2 project?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 10:39:45 pm by Wesp5 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal