* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Please bring back Brian Mitsoda  (Read 4096 times)

Offline Vinland

• Neonate
Re: Please bring back Brian Mitsoda
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2021, 05:27:22 am »
Brian Mitsoda: "Happy to share a project I've been contributing to while I've been working on my other projects - The Fermi Paradox. It combines my love of history, hard sci-fi, and gardening  (on a galactic scale) with branching narrative choices. "
https://twitter.com/bmitsoda/status/1402740317355495426?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1402740317355495426%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

https://www.pcgamer.com/former-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-writers-join-the-fermi-paradox/
So Brian Mitsoda and Cara Ellison are working on a game called The Fermi Paradox. Coincidence or has the title anything to do with their departure from Paradox Bloodlines 2 project?

Coincidence. The Fermi Paradox refers to the fact that with live in a universe with a bazillion planets which should mean the odds favour alien life existing. In spite of the overwhelming odds in favour of the existence of aliens, we have proven ourselves consistently incapable of finding any evidence of the existence of aliens. That's the paradox and it's a discussion that's close to a hundred years old.

Offline Compassion

• Neonate
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2022, 09:39:28 am »
The Paradox is really not so much that we cant find them, its why they havent found us.

Assuming we get the technology to travel at 1% or something like that the speed of light over long distances, which in a couple hundred years we might be very likely able to, we can start colonizing the Milky Way and it would take us some million years, but eventually we could reach everywhere.

So if WE can do it, why isnt there some other advanced civilization thats ten or more million years older and more advanced than us that is already doing it and has reached us ?

The resolution of the Fermi paradox could be very easy though. The Youtuber and Astrophysicist Dr. Becky has recently made an estimate that thanks to the many factors one needs to have intelligent life on a planet there are only about 10,000 of them in the visible universe.

Since the universe is mighty big, thats only one such planet every 10 million galaxies.

Of course theres a lot of assumptions behind this guess, but the bottom line is that we found a lot of special conditions for our system that allowed life to happen, multicelluar life to happen, and intelligent life didnt happen for many hundred million years, that in the sum its very unlikely to happen.

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2022, 06:52:55 pm »
Update: Anyone who are still hoping that Brian Mitsoda could come back somehow well he works now for Wonderstorm. But it seems like not as a writer but as designer: https://www.wonderstorm.net/about-us
To be honest i couldn´t care less for this "cooperative multiplayer game" called Wonderstorm: The Dragon Prince, but hey the best gaming devs have worked on bad stuff so they can pay the rent.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 09:07:44 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2022, 09:18:43 pm »
But it seems like not as a writer but as designer:
That is a bit weird, but then I guess he "designed" the characters in some games too, not just through writing. On the other hand if this is based on a TV show a lot of the characters and writing might already be done. At least he has another job already, after Fermi Paradox has been released last year...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 09:20:29 pm by Wesp5 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal