Author Topic: Playable Clans  (Read 1988 times)

Offline DarkProphet

• Methuselah
Re: Playable Clans
« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2019, 09:10:42 PM »
I agree with the Ventrue but Nosferatu? Of course they could be but it is still possible that is someone else.
So yeah even Malkavians.

I consider the chances slim, both because of the ''subtle''  'lots and lots of sewers, endless sewers' comment that was made and the fact that that they want to approach mental health issues from a more nuanced perspective. Plus that dirty industrial alley looking background screams Nos to me, but hey, i might lose my bet. ;)
My guess is Nos first, and Malks as the first DLC clan. They are after all a fan favorite. (As a side note; Unpopular opinion, but i don't really like the Bloodlines 1 pc malk, too fishmalky for my taste.)

I agree with you on the order of all the reveals and the DLC clans. However, are you saying you dislike the male AND female Bloodlines 1 Malk PCs, or just the male one? I really like the female one but can't stand the male one.

Offline Craz

• Fledgling
« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2019, 10:12:10 PM »
I agree with the Ventrue but Nosferatu? Of course they could be but it is still possible that is someone else.
So yeah even Malkavians.

I consider the chances slim, both because of the ''subtle''  'lots and lots of sewers, endless sewers' comment that was made and the fact that that they want to approach mental health issues from a more nuanced perspective. Plus that dirty industrial alley looking background screams Nos to me, but hey, i might lose my bet. ;)
My guess is Nos first, and Malks as the first DLC clan. They are after all a fan favorite. (As a side note; Unpopular opinion, but i don't really like the Bloodlines 1 pc malk, too fishmalky for my taste.)

I agree with you on the order of all the reveals and the DLC clans. However, are you saying you dislike the male AND female Bloodlines 1 Malk PCs, or just the male one? I really like the female one but can't stand the male one.

The dialogue is the same right? Or is it different for male and female? Never played female, so i don't know.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Methuselah
« Reply #212 on: May 15, 2019, 10:50:06 PM »

Sorry, but I don't remember if I have read that Ventrue are one of the playable clans. Is it officially confirmed or it is just fan's educated guess based on the playable clans in bloodlines 1? Could it be Lasombra instead of Ventrue? I just asking myself because I don't think that anyone expected thinbloods to be announced as separated clan based on the information that they are planned for the beginning and cannot be kept to the end of the game.

They're expected to be one of the clans because of this pic, which practically SCREAMS Ventrue:

It's very unlikely for that shiny skyscraper room to represent any other clan, it's the nondescript corridor that has people speculating...

If they pull a fast one on us and its NOT Ventrue, I think I am gonna cry.  lol 

Offline Craz

• Fledgling
« Reply #213 on: May 15, 2019, 10:56:01 PM »
You have nothing to worry about. Considering the current theme of clans Ventrue is going to be a given. After the Malk DLC there will probably be a Gangrel DLC, and then they might expand it with others. Or maybe the gangrel will come with season of the wolf, and we'll get Lasombra and Banu Haqim, who knows.
Like Like x 1 Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline DarkProphet

• Methuselah
« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2019, 10:56:59 PM »

Sorry, but I don't remember if I have read that Ventrue are one of the playable clans. Is it officially confirmed or it is just fan's educated guess based on the playable clans in bloodlines 1? Could it be Lasombra instead of Ventrue? I just asking myself because I don't think that anyone expected thinbloods to be announced as separated clan based on the information that they are planned for the beginning and cannot be kept to the end of the game.

They're expected to be one of the clans because of this pic, which practically SCREAMS Ventrue:

It's very unlikely for that shiny skyscraper room to represent any other clan, it's the nondescript corridor that has people speculating...

It has to be. The only comparable clan is Lasombra, and the background would be of a cathedral or something instead of an office because their whole shtick is controlling the Church. Back in the day (Dark Ages), Ventrue went with business for power, and Lasombra went with the Church for power.

Quote from: Craz
You have nothing to worry about. Considering the current theme of clans Ventrue is going to be a given. After the Malk DLC there will probably be a Gangrel DLC, and then they might expand it with others. Or maybe the gangrel will come with season of the wolf, and we'll get Lasombra and Banu Haqim, who knows.

Oh man, I needs me some Lasombra bad.
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline Craz

• Fledgling
« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2019, 11:01:53 PM »

It has to be. The only comparable clan is Lasombra, and the background would be of a cathedral or something instead of an office because their whole shtick is controlling the Church. Back in the day (Dark Ages), Ventrue went with business for power, and Lasombra went with the Church for power.

Quote from: Craz

Oh man, I needs me some Lasombra bad.

I think The Ministry is probably a fair bet too. I would love Tzimisce aswell, and maybe a Salubri NPC, or a Harbringers of Skulls NPC, or even better, both. ;)

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Methuselah
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2019, 11:13:24 PM »
I DO hope Lasombra is in the game, just NOT at the expense of Ventrue. 

They have some planned expansion/DLC action but I don't think that means they won't do others beyond what they have planned if the game is successful enough, that is the impression I get from what I have read so far, so here's to hoping that the game is a super fun smash hit and that many more interesting clans that we didn't get to play in Bloodlines 1 will be available in Bloodlines 2. 

Offline DarkProphet

• Methuselah
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2019, 11:21:43 PM »

They have some planned expansion/DLC action but I don't think that means they won't do others beyond what they have planned if the game is successful enough, that is the impression I get from what I have read so far, so here's to hoping that the game is a super fun smash hit and that many more interesting clans that we didn't get to play in Bloodlines 1 will be available in Bloodlines 2. 

Yeah, if this sucker sells like hot cakes, then I would love to see more clans and get to be a member of the Ministry (Followers of Set). I wonder which Discipline we'd get other than Protean for the snakey shit. Obfuscate or Presence? Probably Presence.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Craz

• Fledgling
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2019, 11:28:10 PM »

Yeah, if this sucker sells like hot cakes, then I would love to see more clans and get to be a member of the Ministry (Followers of Set). I wonder which Discipline we'd get other than Protean for the snakey shit. Obfuscate or Presence? Probably Presence.

Presence seems to fit their shtick more, so probably. The first 7 clans are going to be a given, but yes, i hope this sells well too so we can get more clans, or on top of that maybe even bloodlines. Considering Paradox's track record on DLC it very well could be a reality that we'll be getting a lot of clans.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Highwayman667

• Methuselah
« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2019, 12:30:24 AM »

Pray to the DLC altar then, because my bets are on malkavian not making an appearence !

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Methuselah
« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2019, 12:50:47 AM »
Pray to the DLC altar then, because my bets are on malkavian not making an appearence !

Because of the whole "We have to be sensitive to the concerns of the mental illness community" thing?

Offline DarkProphet

• Methuselah
« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2019, 03:04:11 AM »

Because of the whole "We have to be sensitive to the concerns of the mental illness community" thing?

We'll definitely get Malks, but I suspect it will be in the DLC. Some folks may hold off on buying the game if they're not in it yet. They're many people's favorite clan. I'll want to beat the game once or twice just so any cryptic messages make more sense when I read them before playing Malk, though.

Oh, and there's no way that dude in the office is a Lasombra because he has a reflection on the floor. Lasombra don't have reflections.
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
« Reply #222 on: May 16, 2019, 03:11:00 AM »
Considering that they started off with Brujah (the "punching people in the face" clan) and then went on to the other end of the RPG archetype spectrum with Tremere (the go-to clan for "playing a wizard or something") maybe they'll do something similar with the Torries and the second-to-last clan to be revealed next Wednesday.

And what better clan to counter the most "human"(-looking) of vampires than good old Nosferatu.

Ventrue's the fifth and last regular clan, and Malkavians, Gangrel and whatnot will be made available as part of the two story packs and the expansion after the base game's release.

Offline Highwayman667

• Methuselah
« Reply #223 on: May 16, 2019, 03:35:50 AM »

Most likely, I feel Malkavians might end up being the most contentious and controversial clan of all.

Then again, I saw a poll where it showed it was the winner as people's favorite clan so... who knows, really.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Methuselah
« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2019, 03:55:14 AM »

Most likely, I feel Malkavians might end up being the most contentious and controversial clan of all.

Then again, I saw a poll where it showed it was the winner as people's favorite clan so... who knows, really.

I blame the Twitter rage machine for why everyone is so worried about offending everyone.  Sometimes I wish Twitter had never come about.