Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Playable Clans  (Read 11494 times)

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
Re: Playable Clans
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2019, 10:08:40 AM »

Speaking of death, I still can’t believe that Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette) died in real life 2 years ago.  That really sucks.

I didn't know, that Nelsan Ellis died. He was at a convention, I've attended a few years ago. He was a nice guy, much quieter, than you would expect him to be, judging by his role in TB. That's always sad, when someone so young dies.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2019, 10:31:44 AM »

Speaking of death, I still can’t believe that Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette) died in real life 2 years ago.  That really sucks.

I didn't know, that Nelsan Ellis died. He was at a convention, I've attended a few years ago. He was a nice guy, much quieter, than you would expect him to be, judging by his role in TB. That's always sad, when someone so young dies.

Agreed.  :(

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2019, 11:15:58 AM »
Surprise Toreador and not Ventrue this week!!!

The Sneak Peek Power looks like a Presence NPC possessed bodyguard power.

But biggest question of all is
Celerity or Auspex?!?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:38:47 AM by Wilhelm Streicher 19 »

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2019, 11:53:32 AM »
Surprise Toreador and not Ventrue this week!!!

The Sneak Peek Power looks like a Presence NPC possessed bodyguard power.

But biggest question of all is
Celerity or Auspex?!?

Wow, shocked that it was Toreador this week and not Ventrue. Oh, that power looks similar to Awe in the pen and paper, where everyone finds you very interesting/attention-grabbing and feels the need to look at you. I'm not sure how in the world that would be helpful in a video game in a social setting, though, since dialogs are one-on-one, usually...unless it's just "visual flair" and the one NPC you speak to you get bonuses on your speech/dialog checks with...

• Antediluvian
« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2019, 12:06:52 PM »
Wow, shocked that it was Toreador this week and not Ventrue.
To be honest the mysterious one would be more shocking. ;)
But next week they clearly reveal the Ventrue. Or wise it would be a silly marketing move.
We know all that the Venture are one of the 5 clans but we don´t know which is the last clan.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 08:39:39 PM by Wilhelm Streicher 19 »

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2019, 03:31:30 PM »
OK Toreador and Tremere confirmed, I am all set! ;P
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2019, 05:03:06 PM »

Toreador have Presence and Auspex. Sorry Celerity.
The Celerity powers are the same as from the Brujah.

Presence

Toreador relish in their ability to turn a crowd into an audience, distraction into rapt attention, and aggression into adoration, by just entering the room. Their signature Discipline of Presence is at the root of this supernatural charm.

• Awe (Blood Cost: 2), the first active Presence power, allows the vampire to strike a pose that freezes all before them into adoring wonder. For a short while after, these new admirers will be oblivious to anything but what they just saw. The • • and • • • • • slots upgrade Awe.

• • • Entrance (Blood Cost: 2), the second active power, forms a group of admirers around the vampire. For an extended period, these hangers-on will follow wherever the object of their adulation may go, distracting nearby enemies along the way. The • • • • and • • • • • slots upgrade Entrance.

Using Presence powers is not a Masquerade Violation.

Celerity
Some Kindred are faster, dodge more elegantly, and can move with unimaginable grace. They use Celerity, the Discipline of pushing their bodies’ speed beyond mortal imagination.

• Unseen Storm (Blood Cost: 2), the first active, allows the vampire to dash in any direction at such a speed as to confound their audience. They can land attacks, dodge around enemies, or get away in a lazy dust cloud. Characters struck along the way of the dash get knocked down. The • • slot further enhances the Unseen Storm.

• • • Accelerate (Blood Cost: 5), the second active, opens up speeds so fast that everything else in the world appears to slow down to a virtual standstill. The crowds seem frozen in their steps, as the vampire dances between cars and bullet streaks. A more gauche clan might wish for a popular 80’s synth track in the background. The • • • • and • • • • • slots allow the vampire to further improve their acceleration.

Showing off Celerity to innocent mortals is a Masquerade Violation.

https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/toreador
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:32:00 PM by Wilhelm Streicher 19 »

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2019, 05:38:50 PM »
Wow, that Torri in the video seems to be one mean cookie. It's refreshing to actually see an evil Toreador for once, maybe even Sabbat? Unlike VV and Ash, she doesn't seem to mind to get her fingers dirty.

“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2019, 07:41:12 PM »
Wow, shocked that it was Toreador this week and not Ventrue.
To be honest the mysterious one would be more shocking. ;)
But next week they clearly reveal the Ventrue. Or wise it would be a silly marketing move.
We all that the Venture are one of the 5 clans but we don´t know which is the last clan.

Sorry, but I don't remember if I have read that Ventrue are one of the playable clans. Is it officially confirmed or it is just fan's educated guess based on the playable clans in bloodlines 1? Could it be Lasombra instead of Ventrue? I just asking myself because I don't think that anyone expected thinbloods to be announced as separated clan based on the information that they are planned for the beginning and cannot be kept to the end of the game.

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2019, 07:49:08 PM »

Sorry, but I don't remember if I have read that Ventrue are one of the playable clans. Is it officially confirmed or it is just fan's educated guess based on the playable clans in bloodlines 1? Could it be Lasombra instead of Ventrue? I just asking myself because I don't think that anyone expected thinbloods to be announced as separated clan based on the information that they are planned for the beginning and cannot be kept to the end of the game.

They're expected to be one of the clans because of this pic, which practically SCREAMS Ventrue:

It's very unlikely for that shiny skyscraper room to represent any other clan, it's the nondescript corridor that has people speculating...

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Craz

• Fledgling
« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2019, 08:19:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure the last clans are going to be Ventrue and Nosferatu. So sure in fact that i'd be willing to bet on it. ;)
It's pretty interesting seeing the new fx for the disciplines. That clip of entrance being used, and the effects being blue kinda messed with me. When i think i blue i think dominate. :p
Do really like the blood-red potence effects tho.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2019, 08:44:57 PM »
No it isn´t official but they make it very easy to guess the clans expect the last mysterious one. ;)
For the rest see Ghanima_Atreidess post.

Next week they will reveal the Ventrue no doubt about that.

I'm pretty sure the last clans are going to be Ventrue and Nosferatu. So sure in fact that i'd be willing to bet on it. ;)
I agree with the Ventrue but Nosferatu? Of course they could be but it is still possible that is someone else.
So yeah even Malkavians.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:12:01 PM by Wilhelm Streicher 19 »

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2019, 08:59:40 PM »
At least I am not sure of anything especially based on interpretation of quite random screenshots. This same screenshot could hints Lasombra or even Giovanni. There was a case of a Lasombra Camarilla prince who present himself for a Ventrue. He fooled a lot of Kindred before he was discovered. My argument is that Ventrue and Lasombra are quite similar clans and the screenshot could be for any of them. I wouldn't be surprised if neither of the remaining clans is Ventrue or Nosferatu or Malkavian. Maybe the one will be Lasombra and the other a surprise - something new and unexpected. We will wait and see.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2019, 09:03:42 PM »
No it isn´t official but they make it very easy to guess the clans expect the last mysterious one. ;)
For the rest see Ghanima_Atreidess post.

Next week will they reveal the Ventrue no doubt about that.

I agree with the Ventrue but Nosferatu? Of course they could be but it is still possible that is someone else.
So yeah even Malkavians.

Woohoo Celerity! I can safely ignore Presence and max out Celerity and Mentalism to play a gun-grabbing fast rascal!

Offline Craz

• Fledgling
« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2019, 09:04:10 PM »
So yeah even Malkavians.

I consider the chances slim, both because of the ''subtle''  'lots and lots of sewers, endless sewers' comment that was made and the fact that that they want to approach mental health issues from a more nuanced perspective. Plus that dirty industrial alley looking background screams Nos to me, but hey, i might lose my bet. ;)
My guess is Nos first, and Malks as the first DLC clan. They are after all a fan favorite. (As a side note; Unpopular opinion, but i don't really like the Bloodlines 1 pc malk, too fishmalky for my taste.)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal