* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Playable Clans  (Read 12261 times)

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
Re: Playable Clans
« Reply #180 on: May 14, 2019, 05:12:53 am »
She was my favorite True Blood character.

Never liked her ending though. She went back with that asshole who was a complete psycho.

Then again True Blood was fucking lost after the second season. What a disaster.

I can't recall her ending well enough, sadly. I thought the show ended well, but almost everything in the season with the blood goddess thingy was fairly cringe for me and just did a whole 180 for Bill, changing the character in ways that didn't feel natural, even after that season ended. I wasn't a fan of the writing for Bill from that point onward. It's a shame there aren't more good shows involving vampires. =/

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2019, 05:57:43 am »
It's a shame there aren't more good shows involving vampires. =/

I know, right ? There really doesn't seem to be anything out there anymore. We might have to thank Twilight for that, lol.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2019, 06:28:20 am »
You be like: 

Jessica from True Blood... *Heart Eyes*

She was my favorite True Blood character. After her, I was a pretty big Eric fan after Season 1. In Season 1, he's just kind of a dick and too aloof. He is more relatable and pretty funny after that. Pam was a great companion/foil for Eric as well. :D

Oh, and Lafayette. *referring to the hamburger* "All ya had to say...was hold da AIDS.~" His smartassery was superb. Dang...man there were a lot of fun characters on that show. Jason's stupidity was hilarious, the reverend's sunny disposition/tone put a smile on my face...I miss that show, though I'd prefer it go out good than go on way too long and die a merciful death.

I thought they kinda botched Bill with the blood goddess storyline, though. =/

I loved Jessica, Eric, Jason, the Reverend, Alcide, Tara, so many of them, really.  I started off as a major Bill and Sookie fan too but Sookie got too annoying for me toward the end.  I was heartbroken when they fully killed Tara off. 

And that dream sequence with Jason and Eric....omg  *heart eyes*

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2019, 08:21:58 am »
Oh god, I hated True Blood. I think, I watched three seasons and in the beginning some of the characters were interesting, but for me, it did go downhill. The only mildly entertaining character was the lunatic, who crashed the news with an urne containing his dead lovers ashes - that was a nice scene.
The books where even worse, everthing is from Sookies pov and she was so dumb in the books. Behind the scene tehre was vampire politics and important stuff going on and all she cared about, was what to wear - really annoying.
I think, I just can't stand those vampire love stories much.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2019, 12:02:00 pm »
You be like: 

She was my favorite True Blood character. After her, I was a pretty big Eric fan after Season 1. In Season 1, he's just kind of a dick and too aloof. He is more relatable and pretty funny after that. Pam was a great companion/foil for Eric as well. :D

Oh, and Lafayette. *referring to the hamburger* "All ya had to say...was hold da AIDS.~" His smartassery was superb. Dang...man there were a lot of fun characters on that show. Jason's stupidity was hilarious, the reverend's sunny disposition/tone put a smile on my face...I miss that show, though I'd prefer it go out good than go on way too long and die a merciful death.

I loved Jessica, Eric, Jason, the Reverend, Alcide, Tara, so many of them, really.  I started off as a major Bill and Sookie fan too but Sookie got too annoying for me toward the end.  I was heartbroken when they fully killed Tara off. 

Oh wow, I forgot that Tara even died. I do recall her being turned and being less enjoyable of a character due to being totally noody all the time...not in a good way, in my opinion. Her mom's actress was awesome as a terrible drunk and neglectful yet pathetic-in-her-own-right person. I could both hate her and pity her immensely.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2019, 07:58:38 pm »
You be like: 

Oh wow, I forgot that Tara even died. I do recall her being turned and being less enjoyable of a character due to being totally noody all the time...not in a good way, in my opinion. Her mom's actress was awesome as a terrible drunk and neglectful yet pathetic-in-her-own-right person. I could both hate her and pity her immensely.

Yeah, I didn’t like what they did to Tara either.  But I kept hoping that she would get past that angst And be her old self eventually.  Speaking of death, I still can’t believe that Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette) died in real life 2 years ago.  That really sucks.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2019, 11:40:41 pm »
You be like: 

Yeah, I didn’t like what they did to Tara either.  But I kept hoping that she would get past that angst And be her old self eventually.  Speaking of death, I still can’t believe that Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette) died in real life 2 years ago.  That really sucks.

Oh dang, I hadn't heard! I'm very sorry to hear that. He wasn't very old.

Man, if Deborah Ann Woll was into VtM, I'd imagine she'd be a fun Storyteller for it. <3

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #187 on: May 15, 2019, 12:44:31 am »
Oh god, I hated True Blood. I think, I watched three seasons and in the beginning some of the characters were interesting, but for me, it did go downhill. The only mildly entertaining character was the lunatic, who crashed the news with an urne containing his dead lovers ashes - that was a nice scene.
The books where even worse, everthing is from Sookies pov and she was so dumb in the books. Behind the scene tehre was vampire politics and important stuff going on and all she cared about, was what to wear - really annoying.

Like some people said: True Blood started doing synchronized shark jumping after the first two seasons.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #188 on: May 15, 2019, 01:33:07 am »

Like some people said: True Blood started doing synchronized shark jumping after the first two seasons.

I didn't mind some of the jumping it did. 

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2019, 02:39:17 am »

I didn't mind some of the jumping it did. 

Haha, now THAT'S Soaring Leap.~ "SOARING LEAP
Possessing unholy strength in more than arms and fists, the user can leap far higher and further than any mortal.
■ Cost: Free
■ System: The user can jump a number of meters equal to three times their Potence level vertically, and five times their Potence level horizontally. The user needs no run-up to make these leaps.
■ Duration: Passive"

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2019, 03:50:06 am »
I hate to be a butt and double-post, but I do have something very relevant to the "playable clans" to point out that I think would interest folks and you may wish to think on. At the end of the Brujah trailer, a Potence power is shown in a tiny little window of in-game footage to impress people with how you can kill enemies. At the end of the Tremere trailer, a Thaumaturgy power is shown to impress people with how you can kill enemies. The devs appear to be trying to highlight one discipline group per clan, per week. Notice, though: they didn't show Celerity for Brujah, but chose Potence. This should be a ray of hope for Toreador fans that Toreador will be getting Celerity since it would be the "showy" power for that clan's video ending to show how you can kill enemies. Presence and Auspex don't impressively murder one or more enemies. However, Celerity allows for some slo-mo awesome kills in the ending trailer.

So when the Toreador are announced, Celerity seems all the more likely if you take into consideration that they showcased Potence for Brujah instead, when (in my opinion) Celerity looks way more awesome when you're trying to visually impress people in a ~5 second video segment, bashing guys who can't move fast enough to defend themselves.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2019, 05:09:45 am »
I hate to be a butt and double-post, but I do have something very relevant to the "playable clans" to point out that I think would interest folks and you may wish to think on. At the end of the Brujah trailer, a Potence power is shown in a tiny little window of in-game footage to impress people with how you can kill enemies. At the end of the Tremere trailer, a Thaumaturgy power is shown to impress people with how you can kill enemies. The devs appear to be trying to highlight one discipline group per clan, per week. Notice, though: they didn't show Celerity for Brujah, but chose Potence. This should be a ray of hope for Toreador fans that Toreador will be getting Celerity since it would be the "showy" power for that clan's video ending to show how you can kill enemies. Presence and Auspex don't impressively murder one or more enemies. However, Celerity allows for some slo-mo awesome kills in the ending trailer.

So when the Toreador are announced, Celerity seems all the more likely if you take into consideration that they showcased Potence for Brujah instead, when (in my opinion) Celerity looks way more awesome when you're trying to visually impress people in a ~5 second video segment, bashing guys who can't move fast enough to defend themselves.

Sounds about right.  I hope so, since I have such a small interest in the Brujah.

BTW, do you think they're going to allow us to create our own faces and looks at Chargen like most modern RPGs?  I sure hope so.  I also hope the chargen tools are good ones more like a Bethesda game and we can make attractive characters without taking 2 hours to do it.  I love BioWare but their chargen always leaves a bit to be desired.  It always takes me half the night to make a character I can enjoy playing.   

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2019, 06:07:07 am »

Sounds about right.  I hope so, since I have such a small interest in the Brujah.

BTW, do you think they're going to allow us to create our own faces and looks at Chargen like most modern RPGs?  I sure hope so.  I also hope the chargen tools are good ones more like a Bethesda game and we can make attractive characters without taking 2 hours to do it.  I love BioWare but their chargen always leaves a bit to be desired.  It always takes me half the night to make a character I can enjoy playing.

I had one really cool idea (at least I think so, but I shan't share in case I ever do play the tabletop before I die) for a Brujah, but in general, they are really angry political activists to an extreme. Dialog between them in the pen and paper seems like it would be really aggravating for the other players if they don't agree with your opinion. What's worse, if your clan compulsion is triggered, you have to "go against the status quo," basically, and unless you're in North Korea, Nazi Germany, or a Sabbat den, it's debatable as to whether or not the "status quo" is actually bad.

For roleplaying, Toreador can be either really dull or delightfully amusing. I mean it would be fun to be an over-the-top, preening, fabulous Toreador who wants to be a spectacle. Annoying to some extent, but grin-inducing if you know your audience and they have a good sense of humor.

Ventrue, Nosferatu, Gangrel, Tremere, and Malkavians have a lot more wiggle room for playing them. Hell, Malkavians could be reeeeeally interesting if you can find a player interested in not being a clown and not going the "comedic" approach to whatever mental illness the character suffers from.

As of right now, of the 7 Bloodlines 1 clans, my interest in playing them for Bloodlines 2 from greatest interest to least is as follows: Tremere > Malkavian > Ventrue > Toreador > Gangrel > Brujah > Nosferatu

If they were to include Lasombra (highly doubtful, at least for launch), it would probably either be #1 or right after Tremere.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2019, 07:25:24 am »
I had one really cool idea (at least I think so, but I shan't share in case I ever do play the tabletop before I die) for a Brujah, but in general, they are really angry political activists to an extreme. Dialog between them in the pen and paper seems like it would be really aggravating for the other players if they don't agree with your opinion. What's worse, if your clan compulsion is triggered, you have to "go against the status quo," basically, and unless you're in North Korea, Nazi Germany, or a Sabbat den, it's debatable as to whether or not the "status quo" is actually bad.

For roleplaying, Toreador can be either really dull or delightfully amusing. I mean it would be fun to be an over-the-top, preening, fabulous Toreador who wants to be a spectacle. Annoying to some extent, but grin-inducing if you know your audience and they have a good sense of humor.

Ventrue, Nosferatu, Gangrel, Tremere, and Malkavians have a lot more wiggle room for playing them. Hell, Malkavians could be reeeeeally interesting if you can find a player interested in not being a clown and not going the "comedic" approach to whatever mental illness the character suffers from.

As of right now, of the 7 Bloodlines 1 clans, my interest in playing them for Bloodlines 2 from greatest interest to least is as follows: Tremere > Malkavian > Ventrue > Toreador > Gangrel > Brujah > Nosferatu

If they were to include Lasombra (highly doubtful, at least for launch), it would probably either be #1 or right after Tremere.

For me it will be Tremere, Ventrue and Toreador.  Or maybe Ventrue, Tremere and Toreador.  Not fully sure yet which I will favor between Tremere and Ventrue. 

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2019, 10:06:29 am »

For me it's Malkavian > Tremere>Gangrel>Nosferatu > some of the rest
If Lasombra is a playable clan, they would probably be on the same level with Gangrel or even Tremere.

I hope, we get a bit more freedom with a Malk, while I love my Malk in Bloodlines, I think, that a bit more sincere approach to mental illnesses would be great. Maybe we could even choose our illness.

I wish there would be a game, that allow me to play my other favorite clan, Tzimisce. But I guess, they are not really hero material ;) (also my P&P Tzimisce Aladar can be very heroic, if pressed ... mostly by superiors)
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal