* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Playable Clans  (Read 12287 times)

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
Re: Playable Clans
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2019, 09:00:34 pm »
The big question is, which clan is what :-p

The Ventrue are deffinitely more social vampires but they still seem to remain mostly isolated from intervening in human affairs. They dominate those they need and rule over vampire society as a whole (camarilla-wise at least).

Toreadors are more the seductors, artists and charmers. They will influence others by means of their beauty and social graces, and since they are the most human of vampires, they integrate far better than other clans *COFF* *COFF* Nosferatu *COFF* *COFF*

I of course know what Ventrue and Torries are, I was making a joke about your saying one clan is awesome the others are douches. I personally don't care for either much tbh

Have you watched the L.A. By Night VtM campaign run by Jason Carl from White Wolf? One of the player characters, Victor Temple, is a pretty amicable Ventrue. In Bloodlines 1, we only meet one Ventrue, and he is a complete and utter asshole, serving as a bad representative for the clan, aside from its most generic of traits (suit, desire for power, Dominate).

Toreador on the other hand...I'm not a big fan. If VV wasn't so hot and flirty, I wouldn't have anything good to say about them. They feel kinda…"fake." By that, I mean sure, they love art and they have a lot of social grace, but the ones I've seen in Bloodlines 1 and any tabletop games I've watched have all been manipulative and/or pathological liars, keeping far more unethical secrets than the average Kindred. I don't like Brujah all that much, but at least most of them are pretty "on-the-up-and-up."

And if you can get in a Ventrue's "trusted circle" or coterie, etc., they're pretty trustworthy so long as you are wholly believable as not going to try and betray them...they'll probably just have a contingency plan to "deal with you" if you ever DO try to backstab them...but hey, that's fair. ;)

It's not, that I don't think, there could be likeable characters from each clan. We had a really cool Torri in our p&p group for example, but I wouldn't play the clans myself, although I'm contemplating a seldom played clan run for my next Bloodlines run, but I'm leaning towards Brujah for that one.

LA by Night sounds interesting, I have to check it out

I certainly recommend it. The group consists of a Ventrue, Toreador, Nosferatu, and Brujah. There are also extra characters played by guest players, not limited to vampire characters. And I don't just mean humans/ghouls in one situation. >_>

Thanks for the recommendation. It did sometimes pop up as recommendations, because I watch VTM related videos (like the ones from Outstar, which are great), but I never gave it a try

Outstar is awesome. Keep your eyes peeled because she's supposed to put out another one of her "Photoshop" videos about Bloodlines 2. If you're unfamiliar with those, watch her ones for the Cyberpunk 2077 demo and the Bloodlines 2 "Tender Beta" announcement event. They're hilarious and adorable.

Thanks, I will look out for it. Loved her Santa Monica by Night mini game
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 09:34:06 pm by Wesp5 »
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2019, 09:58:00 pm »
The big question is, which clan is what :-p

The Ventrue are deffinitely more social vampires but they still seem to remain mostly isolated from intervening in human affairs. They dominate those they need and rule over vampire society as a whole (camarilla-wise at least).

Toreadors are more the seductors, artists and charmers. They will influence others by means of their beauty and social graces, and since they are the most human of vampires, they integrate far better than other clans *COFF* *COFF* Nosferatu *COFF* *COFF*

I of course know what Ventrue and Torries are, I was making a joke about your saying one clan is awesome the others are douches. I personally don't care for either much tbh

Have you watched the L.A. By Night VtM campaign run by Jason Carl from White Wolf? One of the player characters, Victor Temple, is a pretty amicable Ventrue. In Bloodlines 1, we only meet one Ventrue, and he is a complete and utter asshole, serving as a bad representative for the clan, aside from its most generic of traits (suit, desire for power, Dominate).

Toreador on the other hand...I'm not a big fan. If VV wasn't so hot and flirty, I wouldn't have anything good to say about them. They feel kinda…"fake." By that, I mean sure, they love art and they have a lot of social grace, but the ones I've seen in Bloodlines 1 and any tabletop games I've watched have all been manipulative and/or pathological liars, keeping far more unethical secrets than the average Kindred. I don't like Brujah all that much, but at least most of them are pretty "on-the-up-and-up."

And if you can get in a Ventrue's "trusted circle" or coterie, etc., they're pretty trustworthy so long as you are wholly believable as not going to try and betray them...they'll probably just have a contingency plan to "deal with you" if you ever DO try to backstab them...but hey, that's fair. ;)

It's not, that I don't think, there could be likeable characters from each clan. We had a really cool Torri in our p&p group for example, but I wouldn't play the clans myself, although I'm contemplating a seldom played clan run for my next Bloodlines run, but I'm leaning towards Brujah for that one.

LA by Night sounds interesting, I have to check it out

I certainly recommend it. The group consists of a Ventrue, Toreador, Nosferatu, and Brujah. There are also extra characters played by guest players, not limited to vampire characters. And I don't just mean humans/ghouls in one situation. >_>

Thanks for the recommendation. It did sometimes pop up as recommendations, because I watch VTM related videos (like the ones from Outstar, which are great), but I never gave it a try

Outstar is awesome. Keep your eyes peeled because she's supposed to put out another one of her "Photoshop" videos about Bloodlines 2. If you're unfamiliar with those, watch her ones for the Cyberpunk 2077 demo and the Bloodlines 2 "Tender Beta" announcement event. They're hilarious and adorable.

Thanks, I will look out for it. Loved her Santa Monica by Night mini game

Likewise! The guy she got to do the backgrounds for each screen really did an amazing job of making it look like the game in a pixelated format. :D

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2019, 10:40:43 pm »

Her channel is almost pure Bloodlines content now.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #168 on: May 12, 2019, 11:20:54 pm »

Her channel is almost pure Bloodlines content now.

God bless her. I mean I GUESS I'd watch her videos about other stuff, too, in the future? Her accent and kinda-punk look are pretty adorable. <3

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2019, 03:06:54 am »
God bless her. I mean I GUESS I'd watch her videos about other stuff, too, in the future? Her accent and kinda-punk look are pretty adorable. <3

She's amazing, I'm a bit surprised she isn't a member here given how much she likes the games.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2019, 03:35:35 am »

She's amazing, I'm a bit surprised she isn't a member here given how much she likes the games.

Maybe she is and spies on us to see what we're saying. XD

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2019, 09:09:59 am »

She is registered here. I remember her posting about unused music by Rick Schaffer!

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2019, 09:40:24 am »

She is registered here. I remember her posting about unused music by Rick Schaffer!

That's great, I really love her videos. Watched her Tremere video yesterday, even though I know the Tremere history already, I just love, how she explains things
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2019, 11:46:51 am »

Hey Outstar, nice to meet you !

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2019, 11:50:05 am »

Lmao now I need to nervously hope she doesn't read me swooning over her work here.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2019, 08:35:54 pm »

Lmao now I need to nervously hope she doesn't read me swooning over her work here.

Ha ha!   

You be like: 

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2019, 12:27:48 am »

Ha ha!   

You be like: 

Dangit, first Outstar, now the gal who plays Jessica on True Blood and Karen on Daredevil. <3

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2019, 02:11:40 am »
You be like: 

Jessica from True Blood... *Heart Eyes*

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2019, 02:32:38 am »
You be like: 

Jessica from True Blood... *Heart Eyes*

She was my favorite True Blood character. After her, I was a pretty big Eric fan after Season 1. In Season 1, he's just kind of a dick and too aloof. He is more relatable and pretty funny after that. Pam was a great companion/foil for Eric as well. :D

Oh, and Lafayette. *referring to the hamburger* "All ya had to say...was hold da AIDS.~" His smartassery was superb. Dang...man there were a lot of fun characters on that show. Jason's stupidity was hilarious, the reverend's sunny disposition/tone put a smile on my face...I miss that show, though I'd prefer it go out good than go on way too long and die a merciful death.

I thought they kinda botched Bill with the blood goddess storyline, though. =/

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2019, 04:02:45 am »
She was my favorite True Blood character.

Never liked her ending though. She went back with that asshole who was a complete psycho.

Then again True Blood was fucking lost after the second season. What a disaster.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal