* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Playable Clans  (Read 12184 times)

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Neonate
Re: Playable Clans
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2019, 01:52:36 pm »
I believe that Gangrel will definitely be in the base game because I remember in one of the interviews that they talked about mist form, mist form being a Protean power we can thus conclude that Gangrel will be in the game unless it is a result of thin blood alchemy? 

Also since combat is going to be much more visceral it would be a missed opportunity to not have feral claws, imagine the glorious bloody carnage one could inflict ...

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2019, 02:44:57 pm »
I believe that Gangrel will definitely be in the base game because I remember in one of the interviews that they talked about mist form, mist form being a Protean power we can thus conclude that Gangrel will be in the game unless it is a result of thin blood alchemy?
The latter is correct. Its part of Nebulation and therefore one of three possible thinblood disciplines.

Also since combat is going to be much more visceral it would be a missed opportunity to not have feral claws, imagine the glorious bloody carnage one could inflict ...
Gangrel are very likely DLC and part of the Season of the Wolf expansion unless the last clan pic is for Gangrel which seems very far-stretched.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2019, 03:05:35 pm »
The latter is correct. Its part of Nebulation and therefore one of three possible thinblood disciplines.

Gangrel are very likely DLC and part of the Season of the Wolf expansion unless the last clan pic is for Gangrel which seems very far-stretched.

Unfortunately I agree with you.  That last pic looks like nothing that hints at the Gangrel.  Then again, while unlikely, that final pic may just be a placeholder that means nothing.  It may get yanked and replaced with something else before all is revealed.  You never know.   
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 03:37:42 pm by DarkZephyr »

• Antediluvian
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2019, 03:25:48 pm »
Then again, while unlikely, that final pic may just be a placeholder that means nothing.  It may get yanked and replaced with something else before all is revealed.  You never know.
I really doubt that. Yeah of course you can´t rule this out but why choose it as placeholder in the first place?
They already have better pics especially for Nosferatu.
Also the other 4 pics are fine.

Like i said maybe they reveal the mysterious one next Wednesday because the picture is called clans-2.jpg and the Brujah has clans-1.jpg.
https://orebtvnsretjvneokqmefoiunm.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/img/img-clans-1.jpg

https://orebtvnsretjvneokqmefoiunm.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/img/img-clans-2.jpg
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 09:46:54 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2019, 03:40:28 pm »
I really doubt that. Yeah of course you can´t rule this out but why choose it as placeholder in the first place?

Like i said maybe they revial the mysterious one next Wednesday because the picture is called clans-2.jpg and the Brujah has clans-1.jpg.

I was just rewatching the first trailer and I noticed that that picture is of the hallway that has that Shining-esque blood wave scene. 

Does that add anything to anyone's guess?

• Antediluvian
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2019, 03:46:56 pm »
I was just rewatching the first trailer and I noticed that that picture is of the hallway that has that Shining-esque blood wave scene. 
It could be pure coincidence that they choose this pic or maybe not. ;)

Well Malkavian(s) of course. ;)

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Neonate
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2019, 03:47:35 pm »
Well the shining is about a man slowly losing his sanity thanks to a supernatural external factor so maybe something to do with a child of malkav or a haunted house ?

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2019, 04:14:36 pm »
Without the Shining link (which I saw only once) I was thinking to an elder tzimisce
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2019, 05:29:31 pm »
I believe the image would've shown the blood outpour if they meant the blood outpour to have any bearing on which clan it's referencing. I think they just cheaped out on coming up with something "sewer-y" or "tunnel-y" and used that hall from the trailer to represent Nossies because the concept art was already made and paid for.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2019, 06:21:05 pm »

Like i said maybe they revial the mysterious one next Wednesday because the picture is called clans-2.jpg and the Brujah has clans-1.jpg.

There's a couple of scenes there about "Blood Overflow", the other one being the huge bloody tsunami approaching the pier. Interesting.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2019, 07:57:04 pm »
Well Malkavian(s) of course. ;)

Well the shining is about a man slowly losing his sanity thanks to a supernatural external factor so maybe something to do with a child of malkav or a haunted house ?

If the call back to "The Shining" is on purpose (and it possibly is), then I completely agree with you both.  I don't know if its actually *meant* to reference that film however.  I posted "The Shining" gif just so people knew what I was talking about when I said "Shining-esque" for anyone who has never seen that flick.  lol

Without the Shining link (which I saw only once) I was thinking to an elder tzimisce

They do love to decorate their homes with gore, that is very true.  My first experience with 609 King's Way over 10 years ago still haunts my nightmares. 

I believe the image would've shown the blood outpour if they meant the blood outpour to have any bearing on which clan it's referencing. I think they just cheaped out on coming up with something "sewer-y" or "tunnel-y" and used that hall from the trailer to represent Nossies because the concept art was already made and paid for.

Hmmm.  That would be slightly disappointing as I was hoping they were purposely doing clever little things to make us talk.  lol

There's a couple of scenes there about "Blood Overflow", the other one being the huge bloody tsunami approaching the pier. Interesting.

That IS interesting.  I wonder how literally these sequences are meant to be taken? 

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2019, 08:15:47 pm »
That IS interesting.  I wonder how literally these sequences are meant to be taken?

I'm more excited about the literal possibilities because they seem insane to even grasp. An entire tsunami of blood ? Who's causing it ? What kind of power does this creature have to achieve such feats ?

But it might just be a metaphor for how the camarilla and the sabbat are making moves to take over Seattle, which would be perfectly fine.

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2019, 08:46:51 pm »

It was a third party who made the trailer for Hardsuit Labs, and doesn't feature game footage. There were elements of The Shining in the Ocean House Hotel in BL1. It wouldn't surprise me if there were references in BL2, because Brian Mitsoda designed the Ocean House Hotel mission, it was his idea. Perhaps the visual representation from the trailer will seep into the game, or maybe it won't. Maybe there will also be two Old Yeller references in BL2 as well, to keep things consistent. :P

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2019, 08:59:58 pm »

I'm more excited about the literal possibilities because they seem insane to even grasp. An entire tsunami of blood ? Who's causing it ? What kind of power does this creature have to achieve such feats ?

But it might just be a metaphor for how the camarilla and the sabbat are making moves to take over Seattle, which would be perfectly fine.

If this is a literal phenomenon then I wonder if that blood is something that vampires can actually drink and benefit from. 

In part 1, when we have to fight that blood guardian in Santa Monica after slashing the paintings, I always thought it was kind of hilarious.  It would be like a being made out of chocolate ice cream or some other favorite dish was fighting a human.  In my case it would be a monster made out of country fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy.  lol  I would want to eat the thing, not fight it.  lol 

It was a third party who made the trailer for Hardsuit Labs, and doesn't feature game footage. There were elements of The Shining in the Ocean House Hotel in BL1. It wouldn't surprise me if there were references in BL2, because Brian Mitsoda designed the Ocean House Hotel mission, it was his idea. Perhaps the visual representation from the trailer will seep into the game, or maybe it won't. Maybe there will also be two Old Yeller references in BL2 as well, to keep things consistent. :P

LOL! 

I assume that the the BL2 devs had some input about the script of the trailer even if they didn't make it themselves. 

It should be interesting to see what happens!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 09:02:05 pm by DarkZephyr »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2019, 09:50:59 pm »
It wouldn't surprise me if there were references in BL2, because Brian Mitsoda designed the Ocean House Hotel mission, it was his idea.

I think I never knew this, do you have some sources for that? As for the corridor, it has a bit of asylum feel to it, but as I already wrote somewhere, I think they didn't made these screenshots for the clans, they just took some existing ones that would fit, see the bloody Brujah painting which certainly is from the sidequest being mentioned in some previews...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal