* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Playable Clans  (Read 12252 times)

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
Re: Playable Clans
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2019, 05:54:32 am »
If they're major landmarks, they might! If you live in Washington, we can send you to go look for Tremere chantries in secret rooms in the back of bookstores there, and just otherwise confirm which stuff legitimately exists in Seattle that's in the game. Be sure to bring a taser when you go looking for Tzimisce havens, though.

Capitol Hill is certainly a major landmark and Broadway Street is a small part of it.  Pike's Place Market and the areas downstairs better be in the game, it would be a great addition.  There are so many wonderful little hidden shops and bookstores (including magical ones with spell books and other supposedly magical objects) below Pike's Place in the lower floors.  I would definitely expect to find the Tremere down there.  lol

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2019, 01:37:40 pm »

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2019, 02:13:28 pm »
I agree that it would be enough to have either Toreador or Ventrue (one of the social clans), but I guess, they are both in the game and Nossie or Malks are DLC, which sucks imo, since both clans are unique to play.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2019, 02:22:48 pm »
I agree that it would be enough to have either Toreador or Ventrue (one of the social clans), but I guess, they are both in the game and Nossie or Malks are DLC, which sucks imo, since both clans are unique to play.

Yeah, but with the two-Discipline thing they're doing, to be fair, Toreador and Ventrue won't be very similar if they do Presence/Celerity for Toreador and Dominate/Fortitude for Ventrue. The former could let you handle a variety of social graces with the characters adoring you or you seducing, intimidating, and/or persuading to your heart's content, and in combat, moving at super speeds to fight. The latter could let you force your will on the characters, going full-on mind control orders in dialog, while in combat they take very little damage from being struck, shrugging it off.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2019, 03:35:39 pm »

Silence !

How bold are people these days to compare Toreadors and Ventrue. One is the most awesome clan in existence... while the other are douches.

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2019, 05:00:20 pm »
Yeah, but with the two-Discipline thing they're doing, to be fair, Toreador and Ventrue won't be very similar if they do Presence/Celerity for Toreador and Dominate/Fortitude for Ventrue. The former could let you handle a variety of social graces with the characters adoring you or you seducing, intimidating, and/or persuading to your heart's content, and in combat, moving at super speeds to fight. The latter could let you force your will on the characters, going full-on mind control orders in dialog, while in combat they take very little damage from being struck, shrugging it off.
I agree that Toreador and Ventrue won´t be similar in Disciplines but thats not my point.
In Bloodlines 1 you have with almost every NPC unique dialogue interactions when you play as Malkavian or Nosferatu.
But Toreador or Ventrue only a handful of unique dialogues.

And now please imagine that they had cut Malkavians or Nosferatu in Bloodlines 1 and add them later via DLC.
The big problem would have been the all of voice actors and actresses had come back for a few unique lines which
fit to Malkavian or Nosferatu playercharacter.
But cutting Toreador or Ventrue and making them DLC wouldn´t have been that expensive.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2019, 05:11:32 pm »

Agreed, combat-wise, they are not similar. Still there would be much more difference between playing one of the 'normal' clans or playing a Malkavian or Nosferatu. I don't say, Torris and Ventrues shouldn't be in the main game, I just feel a bit sad, that one of the more unique clans will probably cut out and become a DLC

Edit: Wilhelm Streicher was quicker - so what Wilhelm said
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2019, 05:13:46 pm »

Silence !

How bold are people these days to compare Toreadors and Ventrue. One is the most awesome clan in existence... while the other are douches.

The big question is, which clan is what :-p

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2019, 06:18:09 pm »

The Ventrue are deffinitely more social vampires but they still seem to remain mostly isolated from intervening in human affairs. They dominate those they need and rule over vampire society as a whole (camarilla-wise at least).

Toreadors are more the seductors, artists and charmers. They will influence others by means of their beauty and social graces, and since they are the most human of vampires, they integrate far better than other clans *COFF* *COFF* Nosferatu *COFF* *COFF*

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2019, 07:10:22 pm »

The Ventrue are deffinitely more social vampires but they still seem to remain mostly isolated from intervening in human affairs. They dominate those they need and rule over vampire society as a whole (camarilla-wise at least).

Toreadors are more the seductors, artists and charmers. They will influence others by means of their beauty and social graces, and since they are the most human of vampires, they integrate far better than other clans *COFF* *COFF* Nosferatu *COFF* *COFF*

I of course know what Ventrue and Torries are, I was making a joke about your saying one clan is awesome the others are douches. I personally don't care for either much tbh

― Doctor Who

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2019, 07:55:46 pm »

I of course know what Ventrue and Torries are, I was making a joke about your saying one clan is awesome the others are douches. I personally don't care for either much tbh

Have you watched the L.A. By Night VtM campaign run by Jason Carl from White Wolf? One of the player characters, Victor Temple, is a pretty amicable Ventrue. In Bloodlines 1, we only meet one Ventrue, and he is a complete and utter asshole, serving as a bad representative for the clan, aside from its most generic of traits (suit, desire for power, Dominate).

Toreador on the other hand...I'm not a big fan. If VV wasn't so hot and flirty, I wouldn't have anything good to say about them. They feel kinda…"fake." By that, I mean sure, they love art and they have a lot of social grace, but the ones I've seen in Bloodlines 1 and any tabletop games I've watched have all been manipulative and/or pathological liars, keeping far more unethical secrets than the average Kindred. I don't like Brujah all that much, but at least most of them are pretty "on-the-up-and-up."

And if you can get in a Ventrue's "trusted circle" or coterie, etc., they're pretty trustworthy so long as you are wholly believable as not going to try and betray them...they'll probably just have a contingency plan to "deal with you" if you ever DO try to backstab them...but hey, that's fair. ;)

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2019, 08:00:37 pm »

Have you watched the L.A. By Night VtM campaign run by Jason Carl from White Wolf? One of the player characters, Victor Temple, is a pretty amicable Ventrue. In Bloodlines 1, we only meet one Ventrue, and he is a complete and utter asshole, serving as a bad representative for the clan, aside from its most generic of traits (suit, desire for power, Dominate).

Toreador on the other hand...I'm not a big fan. If VV wasn't so hot and flirty, I wouldn't have anything good to say about them. They feel kinda…"fake." By that, I mean sure, they love art and they have a lot of social grace, but the ones I've seen in Bloodlines 1 and any tabletop games I've watched have all been manipulative and/or pathological liars, keeping far more unethical secrets than the average Kindred. I don't like Brujah all that much, but at least most of them are pretty "on-the-up-and-up."

And if you can get in a Ventrue's "trusted circle" or coterie, etc., they're pretty trustworthy so long as you are wholly believable as not going to try and betray them...they'll probably just have a contingency plan to "deal with you" if you ever DO try to backstab them...but hey, that's fair. ;)

It's not, that I don't think, there could be likeable characters from each clan. We had a really cool Torri in our p&p group for example, but I wouldn't play the clans myself, although I'm contemplating a seldom played clan run for my next Bloodlines run, but I'm leaning towards Brujah for that one.

LA by Night sounds interesting, I have to check it out

― Doctor Who

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2019, 08:07:05 pm »

It's not, that I don't think, there could be likeable characters from each clan. We had a really cool Torri in our p&p group for example, but I wouldn't play the clans myself, although I'm contemplating a seldom played clan run for my next Bloodlines run, but I'm leaning towards Brujah for that one.

I certainly recommend it. The group consists of a Ventrue, Toreador, Nosferatu, and Brujah. There are also extra characters played by guest players, not limited to vampire characters. And I don't just mean humans/ghouls in one situation. >_>

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2019, 08:26:16 pm »

I certainly recommend it. The group consists of a Ventrue, Toreador, Nosferatu, and Brujah. There are also extra characters played by guest players, not limited to vampire characters. And I don't just mean humans/ghouls in one situation. >_>

Thanks for the recommendation. It did sometimes pop up as recommendations, because I watch VTM related videos (like the ones from Outstar, whic hare great), but I never gave it a try

― Doctor Who

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2019, 08:52:55 pm »

Thanks for the recommendation. It did sometimes pop up as recommendations, because I watch VTM related videos (like the ones from Outstar, whic hare great), but I never gave it a try

Outstar is awesome. Keep your eyes peeled because she's supposed to put out another one of her "Photoshop" videos about Bloodlines 2. If you're unfamiliar with those, watch her ones for the Cyberpunk 2077 demo and the Bloodlines 2 "Tender Beta" announcement event. They're hilarious and adorable.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal