Author Topic: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?  (Read 9416 times)

Offline Highwayman667

• Methuselah
  • Fuck The Chantry
Re: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?
« Reply #330 on: May 04, 2019, 12:30:57 AM »
Yeah, can't even use the front door.  I didn't think of that one as I've never had the build to be able to do it with other clans.  Some things don't make sense.  I assume there are humans at the anarch bar but a nossie can walk right in.  I used the back entrance anyway just to stay within character.   There are some fun lines - my favorite was in Chinatown.

Hell naw, the Giovanni siblings is a ridiculously sweet quest to pass out on.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 04:10:20 AM by Highwayman667 »

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2019, 05:57:09 AM »
It was strongly implied that's what Lacroix was expecting would happen as well. He had godhood aspirations.

Although I think it was never expected to be an Antediluvian in there, just a very old vampire...

Not exactly. The thoughts of LaCroix himself:

{   971   }{   The Ankaran Sarcophagus... who sleeps within you? Is it Balthazar? Maybe Lazarus. Or am I to be reunited with Ventrue himself? Or could the anxiety coursing through the city mean that before us slumbers the legendary father of all - Caine himself?   }{   The Ankaran Sarcophagus... who sleeps within you? Is it Balthazar? Maybe Lazarus. Or am I to be reunited with Ventrue himself? Or could the anxiety coursing through the city mean that before us slumbers the legendary father of all - Caine himself?   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }

Offline Highwayman667

• Methuselah
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2019, 06:30:18 AM »
And where did you sir get those ?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2019, 11:33:41 AM »
Although I think it was never expected to be an Antediluvian in there, just a very old vampire...

The Ankaran Sarcophagus... who sleeps within you? Is it Balthazar? Maybe Lazarus. Or am I to be reunited with Ventrue himself? Or could the anxiety coursing through the city mean that before us slumbers the legendary father of all - Caine himself?

Yeah, but this is LaCroix dreaming his dream. There are never any real hints that an Antediluvian is in there and I think if you talk to Beckett and Johansen it becomes very clear! And the anxiety in the city comes from Caine driving a cab around :).

Offline fylimar

• Ancillus
« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2019, 12:11:42 PM »
I have yet to do a Nosferatu playthrough.  One of these days I need to break down and do it.

I'm a bit nervous about doing that one because apparently it's not possible to do some quests as a Nosferatu... so serious bummer.

I have beaten Bloodlines I believe 36 times now. Know how many of those playthroughs are as Nosferatu? Just one. Basically everyone who will talk to you looks really uncomfortable and acts disgusted, while all the rest scream/run/call for help. As someone who loves human/Kindred interaction in the WoD, Nosferatu are a terrible clan for me. For people who are delighted by the sound of what I described, though, then they'll love Nosferatu.
 I just beat the game as Nosferatu once so I could know what it was like, and I am unsure if I'll ever play the game again as one. I'm cringing at the thought of playing as one in Bloodlines 2. =/

What surprised me a bit, when playing a Nosferatu, was the dialogue with Andrei, the Tzimisce. He was surprisingly gentle and told you, that you should never be ashamed of your appearance. Of course he destroyed the nice first impression by attacking you afterwards, but hey, at least someone non-Nosferatu, who was ok with your appearance (and yes, someone like Andrei probably has other standards of beauty, still - a heartwarming moment for our little Nossi...)
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2019, 07:52:11 PM »
And where did you sir get those ?

Isn't it obvious? Game files, prince2.dlg if I want to be more precise.

The Ankaran Sarcophagus... who sleeps within you? Is it Balthazar? Maybe Lazarus. Or am I to be reunited with Ventrue himself? Or could the anxiety coursing through the city mean that before us slumbers the legendary father of all - Caine himself?

Yeah, but this is LaCroix dreaming his dream. There are never any real hints that an Antediluvian is in there and I think if you talk to Beckett and Johansen it becomes very clear! And the anxiety in the city comes from Caine driving a cab around :).

As I understood it the conversation was about what LaCroix hopes for not what he knows or anyone else. Both he and Skelter make wild guess that Caine could be inside the sarcophagus and ironically they were right, but were as we all know that Caine is no more inside the sarcophagus. It's not absolutely clear if he traveled with the sarcophagus or inside the sarcophagus. No one in LA knows what is inside the sarcophagus except Jack and Rosa but Rosa just sees fragments of the future which is a little bit different from knowing. Beckett suspects something as also Pisha and Max but they really don't know anything for sure. Jack makes some vague hints that he knows more than anyone else except Caine and this is the hint about Caine but it's quite vague:

{   1031   }{   Just keeps gettin' more interesting, doesn't it, kiddo? The Giovanni, the Kuei-jin - lots of blood bein' spilled for a 10,000 year old conversation piece, wouldn't ya say?   }{   Just keeps gettin' more interesting, doesn't it, kiddo? The Giovanni, the Kuei-jin - lots of blood bein' spilled for a 10,000 year old conversation piece, wouldn't ya say?   }{   #   }{   }{   G.Jack_Giovanni = 1   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }

There is a specific hint more of riddle in fact for what was and is inside the sarcophagus and for Jack's involvement but it's quite a spoiler so I will not quote it for now. And the hint is not from Jack or Beckett or Johansen.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2019, 10:12:50 PM »
There is a specific hint more of riddle in fact for what was and is inside the sarcophagus and for Jack's involvement but it's quite a spoiler so I will not quote it for now. And the hint is not from Jack or Beckett or Johansen.

Just use Spoiler tags, I'm interested to see if you found something new or something already known.

Offline Highwayman667

• Methuselah
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2019, 11:37:38 PM »

So he should've been driving a limousine ? Or a monster truck ?

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #338 on: May 10, 2019, 06:06:33 AM »

Just use Spoiler tags, I'm interested to see if you found something new or something already known.

I highly doubt that I am the first one that finds this, more probably I interpret it differently.

Spoiler for 'Hidden':
{   1222   }{   What do you think is inside of it?   }{   What do you think is inside of it?   }{   1231   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   What secrets lie beneath its lid?   }
{   1223   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1224   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1225   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1226   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1227   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1228   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1229   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1230   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1231   }{   I do not know, although I must admit that I sense a change in the night air, something subtle and not altogether pleasant. Perhaps the arrival of the sarcophagus is the harbinger of something more dreadful.   }{   I do not know, although I must admit that I sense a change in the night air, something subtle and not altogether pleasant. Perhaps the arrival of the sarcophagus is the harbinger of something more dreadful.   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1232   }{   Like what?   }{   Like what?   }{   1241   }{   not IsClan(pc,"Malkavian")   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1233   }{   A dark shadow, a curious hare, and the pillar ablaze in the night sky!   }{   A dark shadow, a curious hare, and the pillar ablaze in the night sky!   }{   1236   }{   IsClan(pc,"Malkavian")   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1234   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1235   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1236   }{   You seem to know more than I about these matters. I pray that your visions don't portend the end of us all.   }{   You seem to know more than I about these matters. I pray that your visions don't portend the end of us all.   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #339 on: May 10, 2019, 09:26:54 AM »
I highly doubt that I am the first one that finds this, more probably I interpret it differently.

Ah, I never noticed this as I never played a Malkavian ;)! Pretty good prediction of some of the endings...

Offline Highwayman667

• Methuselah
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2019, 12:33:59 PM »

Ah, I never noticed this as I never played a Malkavian ;)! Pretty good prediction of some of the endings...

No talking to stop signs or television :O ?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2019, 09:32:32 PM »

Of course I tried these! In fact I played a lot as Malkavian, only no complete playthrough.

Offline Highwayman667

• Methuselah
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2019, 10:41:39 PM »

Of course I tried these! In fact I played a lot as Malkavian, only no complete playthrough.

Haven't even touched malks or nossies yet. Got a serious obsession with my Toreador.