Author Topic: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?  (Read 11604 times)

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
Re: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?
« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2019, 11:30:00 PM »
(ARGH, I didn't mean to Dislike your post, DarkZephyr! I was trying to click Agree and hit that by accident and now I cannot change it anymore. :/ )

The undo rating button doesn't work?

Sorry, I must be having a dumb moment...there's an undo rating button? I cannot find it anywhere.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2019, 02:09:24 AM »
They were of the Tremere...bloodline I guess?  As Ghanima points out, they initially became vampires through stolen blood and sorcerous means and then graduated to full clan status after Tremere stole his 3rd Gen status from Saulot.  While this all worked out well for the Tremere clan, in the end it did Tremere himself no favors as Saulot's soul lived on within this shared body and they battled each other for control for centuries, culminating with Saulot's defeat of Tremere, forcing Tremere's soul out of the body and into the bodies of other Kindred, settling permanently in the body of his former lover, Goratrix (he banished Goratrix' soul to a mirror and has full control of his body).  Goratrix, through Diablerie, was 4th Gen, so I don't know if that means Tremere is now 4th Gen or if he somehow retained his 3rd Gen status.  Hopefully someone more informed than I am can tell us.

How romantic.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #317 on: April 30, 2019, 02:44:56 AM »
They were of the Tremere...bloodline I guess?  As Ghanima points out, they initially became vampires through stolen blood and sorcerous means and then graduated to full clan status after Tremere stole his 3rd Gen status from Saulot.  While this all worked out well for the Tremere clan, in the end it did Tremere himself no favors as Saulot's soul lived on within this shared body and they battled each other for control for centuries, culminating with Saulot's defeat of Tremere, forcing Tremere's soul out of the body and into the bodies of other Kindred, settling permanently in the body of his former lover, Goratrix (he banished Goratrix' soul to a mirror and has full control of his body).  Goratrix, through Diablerie, was 4th Gen, so I don't know if that means Tremere is now 4th Gen or if he somehow retained his 3rd Gen status.  Hopefully someone more informed than I am can tell us.

How romantic.

Right? 

Though to be fair, Goratrix was the one who had long ago betrayed his one time beloved, forming an Antitribu version of the Tremere clan known as "House Goratrix" that was aligned with the Sabbat. Hence his being known as "The Betrayer".   I would say he kind of brought his fate upon himself due to his own actions. 

But yeah, that goes far beyond some messed up Jerry Springer sh**.  lol

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #318 on: April 30, 2019, 05:15:25 AM »
Though to be fair, Goratrix was the one who had long ago betrayed his one time beloved, forming an Antitribu version of the Tremere clan known as "House Goratrix" that was aligned with the Sabbat. Hence his being known as "The Betrayer".   I would say he kind of brought his fate upon himself due to his own actions. 

Damn... this whole thing is giving me an itch to do a Tremere playthrough... might actually do it !

Then again... how could I live without Celerity ?

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #319 on: April 30, 2019, 05:48:21 AM »

Damn... this whole thing is giving me an itch to do a Tremere playthrough... might actually do it !

Lulz...you can one-shot any non-boss in the game with Thaumaturgy. Human? Blood Theft. Kindred? Blood Boil. Early/mid-game boss? Blood Purge. It's pretty awesome. :D

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #320 on: April 30, 2019, 05:49:45 AM »
Lulz...you can one-shot any non-boss in the game with Thaumaturgy. Human? Blood Theft. Kindred? Blood Boil. Early/mid-game boss? Blood Purge. It's pretty awesome. :D

I did a Tremere playthrough once and I loved it. Still, my Toreador dude is sort of my favorite.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #321 on: April 30, 2019, 05:50:33 AM »

There's always "vstats get celerity 5" What's adding ONE itty bitty eensy-weensy extra little discipline?  Lol

I did a Tremere playthrough once and I loved it. Still, my Toreador dude is sort of my favorite.

I'm kinda that way about my Ventrue, but I do enjoy an occasional Tremere playthrough. 

I have yet to do a Nosferatu playthrough.  One of these days I need to break down and do it. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 05:53:44 AM by DarkZephyr »

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #322 on: May 01, 2019, 01:59:36 AM »
I have yet to do a Nosferatu playthrough.  One of these days I need to break down and do it.

I'm a bit nervous about doing that one because apparently it's not possible to do some quests as a Nosferatu... so serious bummer.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #323 on: May 01, 2019, 02:09:02 AM »

I'm a bit nervous about doing that one because apparently it's not possible to do some quests as a Nosferatu... so serious bummer.

I hope they added new quests to make up for it. 

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #324 on: May 01, 2019, 04:53:06 AM »

I have beaten Bloodlines I believe 36 times now. Know how many of those playthroughs are as Nosferatu? Just one. Basically everyone who will talk to you looks really uncomfortable and acts disgusted, while all the rest scream/run/call for help. As someone who loves human/Kindred interaction in the WoD, Nosferatu are a terrible clan for me. For people who are delighted by the sound of what I described, though, then they'll love Nosferatu.
 I just beat the game as Nosferatu once so I could know what it was like, and I am unsure if I'll ever play the game again as one. I'm cringing at the thought of playing as one in Bloodlines 2. =/

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #325 on: May 01, 2019, 07:18:59 PM »
I have beaten Bloodlines I believe 36 times now. Know how many of those playthroughs are as Nosferatu? Just one. Basically everyone who will talk to you looks really uncomfortable and acts disgusted, while all the rest scream/run/call for help. As someone who loves human/Kindred interaction in the WoD, Nosferatu are a terrible clan for me. For people who are delighted by the sound of what I described, though, then they'll love Nosferatu.
 I just beat the game as Nosferatu once so I could know what it was like, and I am unsure if I'll ever play the game again as one. I'm cringing at the thought of playing as one in Bloodlines 2. =/

I might try it if you can indeed do every quest.

I mean, there's nothing like being a half-orc in Arcanum, that was a ridiculously amazing experience. Maybe Nosferatu will have some of that.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #326 on: May 01, 2019, 11:26:23 PM »

I might try it if you can indeed do every quest.

I mean, there's nothing like being a half-orc in Arcanum, that was a ridiculously amazing experience. Maybe Nosferatu will have some of that.

I don't recall if you can do EVERY quest or not, but you can at least do almost all of them. When you do the Lily/EE quest, don't talk to the old lady. Just get behind the counter and steal the purse.

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #327 on: May 02, 2019, 12:31:23 AM »

I hope they added new quests to make up for it.

The lost ones are very minor - no hooker for Romero is the only one I can think of and, at one time there was a make up but under the UP, any bloodline can do the find the CD quest.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #328 on: May 02, 2019, 04:09:08 AM »
The lost ones are very minor - no hooker for Romero is the only one I can think of and, at one time there was a make up but under the UP, any bloodline can do the find the CD quest.

I can't possibly imagine you can do the Giovanni siblings quest.

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #329 on: May 03, 2019, 04:33:17 AM »

I can't possibly imagine you can do the Giovanni siblings quest.

Yeah, can't even use the front door.  I didn't think of that one as I've never had the build to be able to do it with other clans.  Some things don't make sense.  I assume there are humans at the anarch bar but a nossie can walk right in.  I used the back entrance anyway just to stay within character.   There are some fun lines - my favorite was in Chinatown.