Author Topic: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?  (Read 10150 times)

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
Re: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?
« Reply #300 on: April 28, 2019, 03:30:05 AM »
If this is the case, I am hoping more for a 7th or 8th gen.  Our PC in the first game was at least 8th Gen (https://vtmb.fandom.com/wiki/The_Protagonist, plus the Tzimisce was able to sense or smell powerful potential in our blood).  I don't want a weaker Gen this time 'round.

If a kindred diablerizes another, doesn't that "upgrade" his gen ?

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #301 on: April 28, 2019, 03:58:19 AM »
If this is the case, I am hoping more for a 7th or 8th gen.  Our PC in the first game was at least 8th Gen (https://vtmb.fandom.com/wiki/The_Protagonist, plus the Tzimisce was able to sense or smell powerful potential in our blood).  I don't want a weaker Gen this time 'round.

If a kindred diablerizes another, doesn't that "upgrade" his gen ?

Yes, as long as the one diablerized is a generation or more lower.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #302 on: April 28, 2019, 07:42:01 PM »

What if Lacroix would've eaten an actual antideluvian ?

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #303 on: April 28, 2019, 09:46:17 PM »
The Camerilla would've sent an army after him. 

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #304 on: April 28, 2019, 10:19:51 PM »

If he had done so successfully, he would become 3rd Gen like Tremere did.  Although there's the possibility that the soul of whoever he diablerized would survive and battle him for control of the body, like with Tremere and Saulot. 

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2019, 05:38:21 AM »

If he had done so successfully, he would become 3rd Gen like Tremere did.  Although there's the possibility that the soul of whoever he diablerized would survive and battle him for control of the body, like with Tremere and Saulot.

I typed a really long response but planet-vampire diablerized my post! Anyway, that's not how it works. The rules are all over the place and inconsistent from game to game. The storyteller has the ultimate say, but you will usually go down several generations but not all the way to the Kindred's generation whom you diablerized. So a 13th gen diablerizing a 4th gen might become an 8th gen or some such. Some rules say the diablerizing kindred's gen + the diablerized kindred's gen, then divide the sum by 2, then subtract 1? But the example given just doesn't work and they screw the math up.

Anyway, like I said...the Storyteller will say what your gen becomes, but you're highly unlikely to match the gen you diablerized unless the one you diablerized is exactly one gen below your own. Now 3rd gen could be an exception since the Storyteller and White Wolf probably want 3rd gen to continue to exist and diablerizing it to cut its blood potency down in that clan permanently with no chance to go back up again sounds like something that wouldn't be allowed.

Then again, unless you have one seriously silly rascal of a Storyteller, he/she isn't going to allow you to diablerized a 3rd gen...and if he/she lets you, the Storyteller almost certainly plans on having you just be a vessel for the Antediluvian to inhabit your body with your soul locked away, the Antediluvian having complete control and using your body and its powers as the tool to attempt to consume all Kindred of its clan and wreak havoc, do whatever other shenanigans that particular Antediluvian wants to get up to, etc.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2019, 06:42:45 AM »

I typed a really long response but planet-vampire diablerized my post! Anyway, that's not how it works. The rules are all over the place and inconsistent from game to game. The storyteller has the ultimate say, but you will usually go down several generations but not all the way to the Kindred's generation whom you diablerized. So a 13th gen diablerizing a 4th gen might become an 8th gen or some such. Some rules say the diablerizing kindred's gen + the diablerized kindred's gen, then divide the sum by 2, then subtract 1? But the example given just doesn't work and they screw the math up.

Anyway, like I said...the Storyteller will say what your gen becomes, but you're highly unlikely to match the gen you diablerized unless the one you diablerized is exactly one gen below your own. Now 3rd gen could be an exception since the Storyteller and White Wolf probably want 3rd gen to continue to exist and diablerizing it to cut its blood potency down in that clan permanently with no chance to go back up again sounds like something that wouldn't be allowed.

Then again, unless you have one seriously silly rascal of a Storyteller, he/she isn't going to allow you to diablerized a 3rd gen...and if he/she lets you, the Storyteller almost certainly plans on having you just be a vessel for the Antediluvian to inhabit your body with your soul locked away, the Antediluvian having complete control and using your body and its powers as the tool to attempt to consume all Kindred of its clan and wreak havoc, do whatever other shenanigans that particular Antediluvian wants to get up to, etc.

I don't play with storytellers and the pen and paper game.  I love the lore and read about it as much as I can, but the only games I play are the PC games.  Anyway, canonically, Tremere diablerized an Antediluvian and became an Antediluvian.  So if that's not how it works, White Wolf played fast and loose with their own rules: https://tinyurl.com/y5mryoek
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 06:45:52 AM by DarkZephyr »
Dislike Dislike x 1 View List

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2019, 07:36:42 AM »
It was strongly implied that's what Lacroix was expecting would happen as well. He had godhood aspirations.

(ARGH, I didn't mean to Dislike your post, DarkZephyr! I was trying to click Agree and hit that by accident and now I cannot change it anymore. :/ )
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:42:29 AM by Ghanima_Atreides »
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #308 on: April 29, 2019, 08:34:09 AM »
It was strongly implied that's what Lacroix was expecting would happen as well. He had godhood aspirations.

Although I think it was never expected to be an Antediluvian in there, just a very old vampire...

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #309 on: April 29, 2019, 08:36:44 AM »
Really? Several characters (Andrei, Beckett, Jack, Lacroix himself) talk about the possibility of there being one, with various degrees of belief. It's the very reason the Sabbat are supposedly after the sarcophagus, to stop him from rising and bringing about Gehena...
Spoiler for Hiden:
(although in the Sabbat ending Andrei has...other plans...)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 08:52:22 AM by Ghanima_Atreides »
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #310 on: April 29, 2019, 11:28:14 AM »
I don't play with storytellers and the pen and paper game.  I love the lore and read about it as much as I can, but the only games I play are the PC games.  Anyway, canonically, Tremere diablerized an Antediluvian and became an Antediluvian.  So if that's not how it works, White Wolf played fast and loose with their own rules: https://tinyurl.com/y5mryoek

They diablerized an antediluvian ? As humans or kindred ? If it was the latter, were they another clan before ?

I should probably catch up on my lore.

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #311 on: April 29, 2019, 11:56:43 AM »
They used the blood from captured Tzimisce in magic potions that turned them into vampires (it's unclear if that originally made them part of the Tzimisce clan, but from my understanding it did not, but rather created a new bloodline by virtue of the magic they infused into the ritual, not quite a clan yet). So they were not Embraced, technically, but they were vampires. Then Tremere diablerized Saulot, the Salubri Antediluvian, and effectively became one himself. Thus the Tremere "graduated" to being a fully-fledged clan.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:59:20 AM by Ghanima_Atreides »
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #312 on: April 29, 2019, 06:51:46 PM »

They diablerized an antediluvian ? As humans or kindred ? If it was the latter, were they another clan before ?

They were of the Tremere...bloodline I guess?  As Ghanima points out, they initially became vampires through stolen blood and sorcerous means and then graduated to full clan status after Tremere stole his 3rd Gen status from Saulot.  While this all worked out well for the Tremere clan, in the end it did Tremere himself no favors as Saulot's soul lived on within this shared body and they battled each other for control for centuries, culminating with Saulot's defeat of Tremere, forcing Tremere's soul out of the body and into the bodies of other Kindred, settling permanently in the body of his former lover, Goratrix (he banished Goratrix' soul to a mirror and has full control of his body).  Goratrix, through Diablerie, was 4th Gen, so I don't know if that means Tremere is now 4th Gen or if he somehow retained his 3rd Gen status.  Hopefully someone more informed than I am can tell us. 

(ARGH, I didn't mean to Dislike your post, DarkZephyr! I was trying to click Agree and hit that by accident and now I cannot change it anymore. :/ )

lol No problem.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:08:11 PM by DarkZephyr »

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #313 on: April 29, 2019, 09:51:25 PM »

I thought they used blood magic.

EDIT:  eh, I should probably read all the way down before commenting. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:53:28 PM by Nanaloma »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #314 on: April 29, 2019, 11:19:42 PM »

The undo rating button doesn't work?
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me