Author Topic: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?  (Read 10235 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
Re: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?
« Reply #285 on: April 11, 2019, 05:17:06 AM »
And Barabbah, I suppose you bring up a good point, though...I wonder if the Storyteller would place them at a lower starting Humanity by implying that although such kills might not upset the person doing the killing, Humanity is fairly objective at some point. I'm thinking Humanity 5 or 6, around the point where killing people isn't a big deal unless it's someone you personally care about like a loved one or someone you truly believe in (i.e. a pillar of the community in your mind).

Exactly. There are many other examples (like choosing between life support or euthanasia).

An even more complicate dilemma. I cannot come up with a good example since I'm writing this at 6 kf the morning after a sleepless night. Anyhow: a situation where you need to help someone but you don't know how. Or even doing nothing since this person needs to straight things up only by himself/herself. In the end, when each choice you have are both potentially the good one or the bad one.

Yeah, maybe is based on each own perspective.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:19:54 AM by Wesp5 »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #286 on: April 12, 2019, 05:15:47 AM »
And Barabbah, I suppose you bring up a good point, though...I wonder if the Storyteller would place them at a lower starting Humanity by implying that although such kills might not upset the person doing the killing, Humanity is fairly objective at some point. I'm thinking Humanity 5 or 6, around the point where killing people isn't a big deal unless it's someone you personally care about like a loved one or someone you truly believe in (i.e. a pillar of the community in your mind).

All this is assuming we even have a humanity meter in the game.

Offline VampireBill

• Neonate
« Reply #287 on: April 12, 2019, 01:01:45 PM »

All this is assuming we even have a humanity meter in the game.

Also assuming they don't just explain all these questions about how a thin-blood could join a Clan and become a highly powerful vampire in short order away with "A wizard did it!" (could even be literal, not just metaphorical in the WoD, lol) in the name of plot-expediency. X-D

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #288 on: April 13, 2019, 01:48:48 AM »
Also assuming they don't just explain all these questions about how a thin-blood could join a Clan and become a highly powerful vampire in short order away with "A wizard did it!" (could even be literal, not just metaphorical in the WoD, lol) in the name of plot-expediency. X-D

I think Mitsoda will give us "just enough" to keep us guessing at what really happened.

The Tzimisce from the first game said something was off about the fledgling's blood, which is important considering how Cain was manipulating all events in the shadows. It could be possible that the fledgling's blood had something special after all.

I bet the explanation for "The Thin-Blood's" induction into a clan won't be fully explained, the event might keep us guessing at what really happened, without it being a clear "You got tremered bro!"
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:49:10 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #289 on: April 24, 2019, 05:35:03 PM »

At the end there is a short Gameplay Sneak Peak.

By the Way could be "Born a Crime" a reference to book with same name from Daily Show host Trevor Noah?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 05:36:51 PM by Wilhelm Streicher 19 »

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2019, 10:42:19 PM »

At the end there is a short Gameplay Sneak Peak.

By the Way could be "Born a Crime" a reference to book with same name from Daily Show host Trevor Noah?

Looks pretty awesome to me, so far. 

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #291 on: April 25, 2019, 05:26:00 AM »

I think Mitsoda will give us "just enough" to keep us guessing at what really happened.

The Tzimisce from the first game said something was off about the fledgling's blood, which is important considering how Cain was manipulating all events in the shadows. It could be possible that the fledgling's blood had something special after all.

I bet the explanation for "The Thin-Blood's" induction into a clan won't be fully explained, the event might keep us guessing at what really happened, without it being a clear "You got tremered bro!"

Obviously this is subjective, but I can't possibly imagine them doing that. Going from being a thin-blood to not a thin-blood without something being presented seems highly unlikely to me. At best, there might be a Tremere ritual that "strengthens your blood" or something along those lines that's fairly vague, but just saying that you're a clan all of a sudden without any event to make it happen does not seem like the sort of thing Mitsoda would do. The oddness in Bloodlines 1's protagonist's blood may be there, but it's not a change in a state of being for the player character from one playable situation to the next with a sudden inexplicable change that's never resolved. If Bloodlines 2 does what you're proposing, it would have some super shitty writing.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #292 on: April 25, 2019, 06:48:57 AM »
Obviously this is subjective, but I can't possibly imagine them doing that. Going from being a thin-blood to not a thin-blood without something being presented seems highly unlikely to me. At best, there might be a Tremere ritual that "strengthens your blood" or something along those lines that's fairly vague, but just saying that you're a clan all of a sudden without any event to make it happen does not seem like the sort of thing Mitsoda would do. The oddness in Bloodlines 1's protagonist's blood may be there, but it's not a change in a state of being for the player character from one playable situation to the next with a sudden inexplicable change that's never resolved. If Bloodlines 2 does what you're proposing, it would have some super shitty writing.

To clarify, it would be an event we would all speculate upon. Something we can clearly see but not understand.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #293 on: April 25, 2019, 07:49:49 AM »
To clarify, it would be an event we would all speculate upon. Something we can clearly see but not understand.

In "Beckett's Jyhad Diary", which basically explains the transition from V20 to V5 VtM, there are Thinbloods mentioned that suddenly got their full clan power, so this would even be canon.

Offline Entenschreck

• Ancillus
« Reply #294 on: April 25, 2019, 04:39:55 PM »

In "Beckett's Jyhad Diary", which basically explains the transition from V20 to V5 VtM, there are Thinbloods mentioned that suddenly got their full clan power, so this would even be canon.

I've never read any of the WoD books, so this is of course pure speculation, but maybe thinned blood will act like stem cells in Bloodlines 2. After earning the respect and trust of one of the clans you might be allowed to drink some blood of a member of that clan. That might cause your thinned blood to adapt and mimic the ingested blood. Once the adaptation is complete your thinned blood has turned into the blood of that clan, with all the consequences. No Diablerie necessary.
Again, I'm really just guessing!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 06:11:20 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2019, 01:33:42 AM »

Suddenly ?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2019, 07:52:44 AM »

Suddenly ?

Maybe more like spontaneous, but without Diablerie or other clan involvement.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2019, 06:50:25 PM »

Suddenly ?

I'm betting we'll get to do a blood hunt for a 13th generation member of the clan we want to join. Either that or we'll delight the Prince or someone enough to get a "legal" Diablerie of a captured (and possible in torpor) violator of the Masquerade who has been sentenced to the Final Death.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2019, 05:03:13 AM »

See, I just can't imagine Diablerie being involved in any way. People have too many reservations about that. And this being a role-playing game, they'd still want to have the choice to not "feel" like a sabbat if they suddenly felt they'd get more enjoyment out of the game by pretending to be Camarilla.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #299 on: April 28, 2019, 02:24:16 AM »
I'm betting we'll get to do a blood hunt for a 13th generation member of the clan we want to join. Either that or we'll delight the Prince or someone enough to get a "legal" Diablerie of a captured (and possible in torpor) violator of the Masquerade who has been sentenced to the Final Death.

If this is the case, I am hoping more for a 7th or 8th gen.  Our PC in the first game was at least 8th Gen (https://vtmb.fandom.com/wiki/The_Protagonist, plus the Tzimisce was able to sense or smell powerful potential in our blood).  I don't want a weaker Gen this time 'round. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 02:27:48 AM by DarkZephyr »