Author Topic: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?  (Read 13324 times)

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
Re: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?
« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2019, 02:08:49 PM »
Chiropteran, mentalism and nebulation are mentioned as ability trees. I’m pretty sure that an indication.

The divergences are bigger than the other games. These are new powers entirely, not just adapted.

Not as big as you might think.

Thin-bloods are Inceptors (vampires capable of creating their own Disciplines) and have been indicated as being so for a long time. At least 20 years. Sample Disciplines have included Kineticism (sound familiar?).

Recently this ability to create your own Discipline has been revised into Thin-Blood Alchemy.

The specific powers we're seeing may be new, but the fact that they're new isn't something that diverges from established canon.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 06:40:50 PM by IanW »
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline BoxCrayonTales

• Fledgling
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2019, 03:39:26 PM »
Chiropteran, mentalism and nebulation are mentioned as ability trees. I’m pretty sure that an indication.

The divergences are bigger than the other games. These are new powers entirely, not just adapted.

Thin-bloods are Inceptors (vampires capable of creating their own Disciplines) and have been indicated as being so for a long time. At least 20 years. Sample Disciplines have included Kineticism (sound familiar?).

Recently this ability to create your own Discipline has been revised into Thin-Blood Alchemy.

The specific powers we're seeing may be new, but the fact that they're new isn't something that diverges from established canon.
That’s lovely lore trivia, but it doesn’t sell me on the setting.

You’re basically telling me that the tabletop game doesn’t let me play the way I want to without jumping through a bunch of arbitrary hoops. If I want to play The Lost Boys, then World of Darkness doesn’t give me the choice but instead forces me homebrew everything.

I take it for granted that a video game with be limited by its programming, but it flummoxes me that a tabletop game with the audacity to literally call itself Vampire does not support emulating vampire fiction. That’s like if Dungeons & Dragons didn’t have its iconic classes and monsters.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #257 on: March 29, 2019, 01:10:36 AM »

You’re basically telling me that the tabletop game doesn’t let me play the way I want to without jumping through a bunch of arbitrary hoops. If I want to play The Lost Boys, then World of Darkness doesn’t give me the choice but instead forces me homebrew everything.

I take it for granted that a video game with be limited by its programming, but it flummoxes me that a tabletop game with the audacity to literally call itself Vampire does not support emulating vampire fiction. That’s like if Dungeons & Dragons didn’t have its iconic classes and monsters.

You're not insinuating that there's something wrong with Vampire the Masquerade because the rules don't cater specifically to ONE out of hundreds of different vampire mythos are you? If you wanted to do Lord of the Rings using Dungeons & Dragons, you would have to homebrew that game as well...

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2019, 06:43:25 PM »

You’re basically telling me that the tabletop game doesn’t let me play the way I want to without jumping through a bunch of arbitrary hoops.

You said VTMB2 diverges from the established setting. I pointed out that it doesn't: it's fully consistent with the lore.

I said nothing about trying to sell you on the setting or how to play Vampire in the particular way you want to do it, so I'm not sure why you're trying to make that argument here.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #259 on: March 29, 2019, 07:02:47 PM »
I like how nebulation which allows you to turn into mist to get sucked into fans and gives you projectile immunity and whatnot is a practical equivalent of a 5-dot Protean mistform and available to friggin thin-bloods. Elders beware!

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #260 on: March 29, 2019, 07:26:10 PM »
I like how nebulation which allows you to turn into mist to get sucked into fans and gives you projectile immunity and whatnot is a practical equivalent of a 5-dot Protean mistform and available to friggin thin-bloods. Elders beware!

My bet is that each of the Thin-Blood powers has multiple levels (dots). Level 1 might let us turn into mist at scripted spots to pass through chainlink fences or vent grates, etc. Level 2 might let us remain in mist form long enough to get sucked through a ventilation and spat out elsewhere. I'm just spit-balling here, but I'd assume level 5 would then let us assume a mist form we can run or float around in freely with projectile immunity. Either that or we can seep inside a human's lungs to drown him/her on dry land, which would be pretty hilarious. XD

For Telekinesis, I would just assume weight increases and/or lifting additional objects. Ooo, and perhaps "catching" bullets mid-air, with a fifth dot letting you propel said bullets back at enemies.

As for the bat-summoning...uh...unless they do what Bloodlines did with Animalism 4, I dunno. *shrug*

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #261 on: March 29, 2019, 07:47:45 PM »
It's still ridiculously more powerful than V5 that requires ridiculous amounts of research and preparation, not to mention sourcing specific ingredients to counterfeit even mediocre 3-dot abilities. Faking 4-dot abilities requires 3 years of research and a month to distill. And 5-dot abilities are off limits. All to be able to perform once something that other vampires can just do with a snap of their fingers.

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #262 on: March 29, 2019, 11:42:34 PM »

My bet is that each of the Thin-Blood powers has multiple levels (dots). Level 1 might let us turn into mist at scripted spots to pass through chainlink fences or vent grates, etc. Level 2 might let us remain in mist form long enough to get sucked through a ventilation and spat out elsewhere. I'm just spit-balling here, but I'd assume level 5 would then let us assume a mist form we can run or float around in freely with projectile immunity. Either that or we can seep inside a human's lungs to drown him/her on dry land, which would be pretty hilarious. XD

For Telekinesis, I would just assume weight increases and/or lifting additional objects. Ooo, and perhaps "catching" bullets mid-air, with a fifth dot letting you propel said bullets back at enemies.

As for the bat-summoning...uh...unless they do what Bloodlines did with Animalism 4, I dunno. *shrug*

Bat summoning could work like (and my memory fails me) the one discipline that with one or two dots had birds or something flying around an enemies head to confuse them while you slipped by. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 11:49:02 PM by Nanaloma »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #263 on: March 30, 2019, 04:45:52 AM »

Like when your parents brags on something they've done on a pc, after months of trying to understand what they were doing, and you show them it was easier and quicker to learn

I've noticed V5 tries to show the once so called thin bloods are becoming more smart, learning to cope with their limits and managing to keep up and outsmart the vampires lower gen vamps

I would as a mist enter in another body but not for killing him. More like be in there, make him know I'm in there and telling what he/she has to do. Or entering without the other one knowing and droving him crazy whispering things from the inside.

On telekinesis it would also be neat bend their guns, blocking the bullet inside the barrel, silently pulling the pin of a grenade, blocking arteries, pulling out eyes or testicles....

Bats can, finally, preparing your enemies' blood, taking you your wolfie slippers, cleaning the haven a bit and telling you the great news they're all pregnant

"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #264 on: April 01, 2019, 03:10:16 AM »

Like when your parents brags on something they've done on a pc, after months of trying to understand what they were doing, and you show them it was easier and quicker to learn

I've noticed V5 tries to show the once so called thin bloods are becoming more smart, learning to cope with their limits and managing to keep up and outsmart the vampires lower gen vamps

I would as a mist enter in another body but not for killing him. More like be in there, make him know I'm in there and telling what he/she has to do. Or entering without the other one knowing and droving him crazy whispering things from the inside.

On telekinesis it would also be neat bend their guns, blocking the bullet inside the barrel, silently pulling the pin of a grenade, blocking arteries, pulling out eyes or testicles....

Bats can, finally, preparing your enemies' blood, taking you your wolfie slippers, cleaning the haven a bit and telling you the great news they're all pregnant

Your mist idea would be fun, though I suspect a human would drown to death before you could debate what he/she is going to do for you. I'm curious to see what they do with the new abilities, but unless they offer some transportation/gimmick stuff for the bats and telekinesis, the mist form seems to be the undisputed champion for a "I wanna get to go do everything" skill...unless they let us use telekinesis to activate buttons behind glass, etc. where mist form won't help us and there's no other way in.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #265 on: April 01, 2019, 06:23:30 AM »
And don't forget the slippers!

Ok, seriously, I'm quite excited about the evolution of the thin bloods. I always thought it was unfair the mistreating against them.
― me

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #266 on: April 01, 2019, 08:06:52 AM »
Hahaha, I did in fact forget the slippers, but I believe I will have difficulty doing so now. I, too, am interested in seeing what this game does with Thin-Bloods and their powers, and I agree that they certainly got a raw deal in the lore prior to this.

I'll bet the game will let us be snobby douchebags to our Thin-Blood buddies after we commit diablerie and become full Kindred in a clan. I mean not that I would, mind you - unless the Thin-Blood characters are all unlikable.

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #267 on: April 01, 2019, 08:12:13 AM »
Is too hard for me watch 1 hour interview in english...

if someone did it, I would like to know if they anwser the million question: When we can see a dema gameplay of the game? :smile:

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #268 on: April 01, 2019, 08:18:18 AM »
we can see a dema gameplay of the game?

Just use the Playable NPCs mod and you can do a Dema gameplay  :razz: :razz: :vampwink:

― me

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #269 on: April 01, 2019, 08:27:02 AM »
Lol!

And a demo gameplay?
did they give a date for some ingame video?