Author Topic: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?  (Read 10236 times)

Offline Zanderat

• Fledgling
Re: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?
« Reply #240 on: March 27, 2019, 02:36:44 AM »
Pirate Lasombra or Priest Lasombra?

I did mot get both of citation. Should I worry?

I'm not totally sure what you are asking but I'm gonna hazard a guess. The Lasombra when they were first introduced were more evil Ventrue with shadow powers, as time went on and they became playable they added more stuff to make them seem less flat; primarily this is having Pirate Lasombra and Priest Lasombra (pretty similar to the Cappadocian monk shtick but they ended up extinct so).

Mmh. Anyhow I was talking also of the other quote (the malk inquisition)....
https://youtu.be/1N6OOWtCYQA

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #241 on: March 27, 2019, 03:08:12 AM »
"You start as a “thin blood” — a baby vampire" Is he getting thin blood mixed up with caitiff or 13th generation?
Can thin blood become 13th through diablerie?

Edit: didn't see the 2nd page, it seems you do play thin blood which I guess means that you won't get to choose a clan sadly.
Seems to me that blood alchemy is going to play a big role in this game which I guess ties in well with the special resonance of blood.

Source : https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Thin-blooded

The devs have already stated you get to choose a clan. You just don't get to for a while in the game. You start as a thin-blood, then choose a clan later. Unless there's something we don't know, the only way to do that is Diablerie: the consuming of literally every drop of blood in a Kindred's body, until that Kindred meets its Final Death and you consume its very soul. Unless you're somehow forced to do it in character, one would think you would lose humanity for doing that. I mean killing someone is one thing, but devouring their soul? Someone with 7 humanity should not get through that unscathed...

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #242 on: March 27, 2019, 03:24:47 AM »
Theres also the thing about how said soul stays with the diablerist so its a recipe for hearing voices.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #243 on: March 27, 2019, 04:32:43 AM »
My opinion is you are embraced but abandoned, then the choice of your clan works on game and not from a menù. This because in some particular dialogs your choices "reveal" your nature and which clan are you.

A bit like the test at the beginning of the first bloodlines. Or the dialogs in Knights of the Old Republic 2 where you specify the final picked at the end of the first game or your backstory.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2019, 05:37:03 PM »
My opinion is you are embraced but abandoned, then the choice of your clan works on game and not from a menù. This because in some particular dialogs your choices "reveal" your nature and which clan are you.

A bit like the test at the beginning of the first bloodlines. Or the dialogs in Knights of the Old Republic 2 where you specify the final picked at the end of the first game or your backstory.

But if that was the case, would we be able to use Thin blood abilities? Basically, if we are part of a clan, and we just don't know it, shouldn't it be impossible to use those skills? What do the books from 5th edition say?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #245 on: March 27, 2019, 06:50:15 PM »
I thought tthat thing was a momentary option, like picking your disciplines you drop the thin blood ones (like pokemon). Or you just keep it as an extra.
― me

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2019, 07:02:53 PM »
Guess I'll just have to wait until more news comes out and we get a confirmation on how things will work... It's going to be a LONG year until the game comes out, that's for sure! Hopefully we'll get more juicy details before that. I couldn't resist the call, so I re-installed the first game again, and the hype is ramping up. It's such a great game.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2019, 07:08:24 PM »
I thought tthat thing was a momentary option, like picking your disciplines you drop the thin blood ones (like pokemon). Or you just keep it as an extra.

I hope you can keep them, like Bloodbuff and Bloodheal which are common for normal vampires. Also I don't see Diablerie as only option to learn new disciplines. I think you should be able to learn them from any willing mentor!

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2019, 07:43:52 PM »
I think you should be able to learn them from any willing mentor!

Now I want to be a tremere antitribu, learn obfuscate from a lasombra then leaving the sabbats to join the baali and learn daimonion (and maybe I'll add in the middle an exchange program with the independent alliance and add necromancy and serpentis to my curriculum)
― me

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2019, 08:44:16 PM »
Problem is, if I understand the new V5 rules correctly, Thin Bloods cannot learn Disciplines, they can only temporarily use them by drinking blood with a special resonance (and resonances are a thing in the new game) as well as craft blood potions.

Another interesting thing is that Thin Bloods are not accepted into the Camarilla, they are considered Anarchs by default.

So, if we are to properly learn Disciplines and join the Camarilla, we would either have to discover that we were never Thin Bloods to begin with (and those beginner powers are somehow available to all vampires, like Bloodbuff and Bloodheal) or lose our Thin Blood status through Diablerie. I have said before that I'm uncomfortable with the idea of Diablerie being forced on our characters; I am more than happy to have it as an option for the right characters but there are others who would have major issues with devouring someone's soul.

If that IS the way they plan to do it, I wonder if there's any way to refuse, and face the consequences: permanent Thin Blood status aka Hard Mode and being banned from joining the Camarilla. It might be an interesting alternate playstyle (and if not available at the start, perhaps moddable...)

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2019, 09:07:57 PM »
I just presumed the protagonist was abandoned after the embrace and then he found back his roots....
― me

Offline Zanderat

• Fledgling
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2019, 10:06:06 PM »
^^^That seems the easiest approach.

Offline BoxCrayonTales

• Fledgling
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2019, 10:34:14 PM »
The game mechanics don’t seem to line up with the tabletop mechanics. Paradox probably decided it made better sense to program something different that would work better in a video game context. In fact, there could be all sorts of divergences. Given how V5 turned out, Paradox doesn’t seem to like the lore all that much. I get the impression they wanted something like Requiem, but used Masquerade for recognition.

I don’t have a preference for either setting and I think it’s arbitrary and silly to keep them so divided. The lores have lomg ago gotten stale to me. So I’m probably not going to be disappointed by whatever Paradox surprises me with.

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »
The game mechanics don’t seem to line up with the tabletop mechanics. Paradox probably decided it made better sense to program something different that would work better in a video game context. In fact, there could be all sorts of divergences.

a) I don't think we know enough about B2 yet to make that determination
b) If true, it wouldn't be the first time. B1 didn't match up to the tabletop rules either.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline BoxCrayonTales

• Fledgling
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2019, 11:09:12 PM »
The game mechanics don’t seem to line up with the tabletop mechanics. Paradox probably decided it made better sense to program something different that would work better in a video game context. In fact, there could be all sorts of divergences.

a) I don't think we know enough about B2 yet to make that determination
b) If true, it wouldn't be the first time. B1 didn't match up to the tabletop rules either.
Chiropteran, mentalism and nebulation are mentioned as ability trees. I’m pretty sure that an indication.

The divergences are bigger than the other games. These are new powers entirely, not just adapted.

I’m surprised it took nearly thirty years before this happened. There’s all sorts of ways this creatively could have refreshed the tabletop.