Author Topic: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?  (Read 13320 times)

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
Re: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?
« Reply #225 on: March 25, 2019, 10:00:39 PM »
So, does anyone know which clans will be available to play at the start? I hope we get at least the same number as we did in the original. I would hate to see Bloodlines game dragged through corporate video gaming industry practices so that some clans become DLC only.

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2019, 10:04:04 PM »
Mark my words: lasombra will try to overthrow the ventrues from the camarilla leadership. And I bet they'll succeed.

Yeah, but nobody expects the Malkavian Inquisition.  :dancecut:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #227 on: March 25, 2019, 10:09:19 PM »
So, does anyone know which clans will be available to play at the start?

I don't remember exactly, but I think there will be only 5 clans at release. But they already confirmed that any additional clans will be free!

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #228 on: March 25, 2019, 10:10:59 PM »
I don't remember exactly, but I think there will be only 5 clans at release. But they already confirmed that any additional clans will be free!

God, I wish to play as a Tzimisce and Setite.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2019, 12:09:47 AM »
So, does anyone know which clans will be available to play at the start?

The main website for the game has tabs for the clans. There are 5 normal clan tabs and one that says "bonus." My guess is "bonus" is where the clans added to the game later on after release. It would appear that the backgrounds might be clues as to which clans will be out at launch. It looks like Tremere, Brujah, Ventrue, Toreador, and probably Nosferatu. I say "probably" because it's an indoor hallway like in a warehouse or something. The "bonus" one looks like possibly a psychiatrist's office because of the clock on the wall, the few books on low shelves, the chairs, and most importantly, the various diplomas on walls...so I'm guessing Malkavian. So it's looking like Malks and Gangrel will be sometime after launch.

To be fair, though, Malkavian is a poor first-playthrough clan if it's in any way similar to the first game (bonkers lines and double-speak that you won't always comprehend unless you already know what the original replies you could give were, and spoilers via your character's madness), so I'm not too concerned about having them at launch. I do hope that if the game does well, they might add some Independent and Sabbat clans. Followers of Set and stuff could be really cool...or Tzimisce if we're actually allowed to do fleshcrafting.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 03:12:40 AM by DarkProphet »

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2019, 08:11:10 AM »
I have the feeling that this game will have a "chapter one" with driven style, and you have no faction.
Then a "chapter 2" where you must chose a clan to join (they will expand this part adding clans eventually) and a boss that give you quests. (this part will add big replayability to the game)
I don't know what they're planning then...

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2019, 03:06:54 PM »
Mark my words: lasombra will try to overthrow the ventrues from the camarilla leadership. And I bet they'll succeed.

Pirate Lasombra or Priest Lasombra?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2019, 05:12:04 PM »

I did mot get both of citation. Should I worry?
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2019, 05:22:58 PM »

I'm not totally sure what you are asking but I'm gonna hazard a guess. The Lasombra when they were first introduced were more evil Ventrue with shadow powers, as time went on and they became playable they added more stuff to make them seem less flat; primarily this is having Pirate Lasombra and Priest Lasombra (pretty similar to the Cappadocian monk shtick but they ended up extinct so).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:24:39 PM by TF Alex Burton »

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2019, 06:19:32 PM »

God, I wish to play as a Tzimisce and Setite.

Good luck trying to diablerize a Tzim. That could end badly in so many ways haha. Especially if you have to show up with nothing but a FORK because you have the "No Fangs" thinblood trait LOL And aren't they usually Bishops or whatever? I believe Andrei was the Bishop in the last game. #BasementTzimPTSD   :cry:

If there are only 5 clans on release that's still leaving a lot of main ones out. So guessing Sabbat will be nil.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2019, 07:36:58 PM »

I'm not totally sure what you are asking but I'm gonna hazard a guess. The Lasombra when they were first introduced were more evil Ventrue with shadow powers, as time went on and they became playable they added more stuff to make them seem less flat; primarily this is having Pirate Lasombra and Priest Lasombra (pretty similar to the Cappadocian monk shtick but they ended up extinct so).

Mmh. Anyhow I was talking also of the other quote (the malk inquisition)....
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2019, 07:46:14 PM »
One thing is for sure, unless the choice is not really part of the story and only in the hands of the player (as in, we get to choose, but in the game it's somehow presented as  the only choice our characters can make), it's going to take some serious thought in order to RP choosing to become a Nos.   :razz:
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2019, 10:17:55 PM »
https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/26/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-ii-interview-brian-mitsoda/

I am getting the feeling that Brian was given creative freedom during development of the game. At least, that is the vibe I detect.

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Neonate
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2019, 10:28:39 PM »
"You start as a “thin blood” — a baby vampire" Is he getting thin blood mixed up with caitiff or 13th generation?
Can thin blood become 13th through diablerie?

Edit: didn't see the 2nd page, it seems you do play thin blood which I guess means that you won't get to choose a clan sadly.
Seems to me that blood alchemy is going to play a big role in this game which I guess ties in well with the special resonance of blood.

Source : https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Thin-blooded
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 10:36:20 PM by Sabbat_stalker »