Author Topic: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?  (Read 10292 times)

Offline Leorgrium

• Brujah
  • Neonate
  • Brujah
    • Twitter
Re: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?
« Reply #180 on: March 22, 2019, 07:56:22 PM »
According to https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-22-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-is-a-darkly-fascinating-immersive-sim

"There'll be full mod support out of the box - Paradox, ever a supporter of community, openly acknowledges the part the community played in keeping the original alive and restoring some of its grace."

Everybody Lies...
PlanetVampire Discord Channel: https://discord.io/planetvampire

Offline YamiRaziel

• Neonate
  • Redeemer & Destroyer
    • Citadelata - a fantasy based fan site
« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2019, 07:59:54 PM »
I've read quite a bit of interviews about the game and it seems that they'll really try to ensure Seattle feels alive with people and they react to everything you do.

I read somewhere that histories will also affect certain areas of the game - if you're a cop, going back to the police station as vampire will be different than if you're a barista.

It seems that you'll be a thin blood in the beginning and there are a couple of theories of why you would be choosing a clan later:
      1. You will perform something awesome and maybe get a reward to diablerize an enemy (maybe you can choose which one to diablerize).
      2. You were embraced among other thin bloods and believed to be one, but are in fact not one. (not sure how this would work). Maybe you won't know what clan you are since you're on the run, but later your mentor will help you figure it out.

It seems in the beginning you'll have the option to use one of 3 powers - telekinesis, glide or turning into mist (each will provide different use).

There will be many side-quests that will be enriching the story and the world.

You'll be performing your own investigations from a conspiracy theory board inside your apartment.

Last but not least, the deluxe editions mention Smilling Jack, Jeanette outfits as well as other items such as stop sign.
I hope that some of the old characters will make a return or we will be allowed to travel back to LA.

It will be an absolute blast to go back to the exact same locations from the first game (where maybe even the ost can be familiar) and just revisit everything, with super upgraded graphics.

P.S They also mentioned that more clans will be added as free DLCs. Initially we will probably start with 7 clans only.
Only story expansions will be paid content.

Offline Sian

• Fledgling
« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2019, 08:23:03 PM »
According to https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-22-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-is-a-darkly-fascinating-immersive-sim

"There'll be full mod support out of the box - Paradox, ever a supporter of community, openly acknowledges the part the community played in keeping the original alive and restoring some of its grace."

Paradox have a reputation for questionable, often buggy releases (through that might simply be because their usual flair of games have stupidly many moving parts and tons of people deliberately/inadvertently trying to break stuff), but also being very quick with fixes and a community-awareness thats second to none

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2019, 08:50:26 PM »
I've read quite a bit of interviews about the game and it seems that they'll really try to ensure Seattle feels alive with people and they react to everything you do.

I read somewhere that histories will also affect certain areas of the game - if you're a cop, going back to the police station as vampire will be different than if you're a barista.

It seems that you'll be a thin blood in the beginning and there are a couple of theories of why you would be choosing a clan later:
      1. You will perform something awesome and maybe get a reward to diablerize an enemy (maybe you can choose which one to diablerize).
      2. You were embraced among other thin bloods and believed to be one, but are in fact not one. (not sure how this would work). Maybe you won't know what clan you are since you're on the run, but later your mentor will help you figure it out.

It seems in the beginning you'll have the option to use one of 3 powers - telekinesis, glide or turning into mist (each will provide different use).

There will be many side-quests that will be enriching the story and the world.

You'll be performing your own investigations from a conspiracy theory board inside your apartment.

Last but not least, the deluxe editions mention Smilling Jack, Jeanette outfits as well as other items such as stop sign.
I hope that some of the old characters will make a return or we will be allowed to travel back to LA.

It will be an absolute blast to go back to the exact same locations from the first game (where maybe even the ost can be familiar) and just revisit everything, with super upgraded graphics.

P.S They also mentioned that more clans will be added as free DLCs. Initially we will probably start with 7 clans only.
Only story expansions will be paid content.

Honestly, all the info we gathered, it looks like they know what they are doing. I am always a skeptic by my Slavic nature, but I do believe that we might actually getting a brilliant game, worthy of the Game of the Year reward. I am quite interested what shall happen to Werewolf the Apocalypse game?

More good news, Rik Schaffer is main composer!

https://twitter.com/outstarwalker/status/1109127882423492608

Offline Candy Narwhal

• Neonate
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2019, 11:32:05 PM »
Wow, the Steam discussions for this game are already absolutely cancerous, and it's barely been a day since the reveal. I really wish I hadn't looked them up. :rofl:

I admit, some of what was said during the keynote felt a bit much like lip service, even to me - but these reactions are just sad.

Having said that, there's also this part of me that's perversely enjoying the fact that some people will never be able to enjoy the game, just because there's open-ended character creation and whatever else. :vampwink:

Other than some of the indications that maybe they'll neuter the game a bit - which isn't going to be an issue anyway, because there's no way for us to know if they did, we'll only be able to comment on what was eventually included in the game - there's nothing I've heard about B2 yet that I'm worried about.

It's really too good to be true, all of this. We're living in the best timeline.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 11:35:50 PM by Candy Narwhal »

Offline YamiRaziel

• Neonate
  • Redeemer & Destroyer
    • Citadelata - a fantasy based fan site
« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2019, 11:38:32 PM »
Slavic? Where are you from?

To be honest, this whole censorship and everybody being offended at everything... it's too much.

If VTM needs to be gruesome and hardcore, then so be it.

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2019, 05:37:34 AM »
Though I hope the game would be worthy, not into preorders, will defer my decision until a chance to watch some lets-plays at least.
Cannot say I'm happy with the visual style, the most of characters from released material look samey due to the modern gamedev cancer, body capture, or, rather, heavy reliance on it. It's one thing to capture the data and entirely different to use it, should the one forget about the second part it results in everyone looking like an average Jane or Joe. Not a dealbreaker if the story and gameplay would be good enough, but still...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 05:39:15 AM by deicide »
The patient was a young lady whom I was loath to disfigure (c)

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #187 on: March 23, 2019, 08:21:23 AM »
I don't think anyone posted a keynote video so here it is.

Longer and better sewers, yay. Also it seems v5 edition basis confirmed.

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #188 on: March 23, 2019, 09:53:31 AM »
Wow, the Steam discussions for this game are already absolutely cancerous, and it's barely been a day since the reveal. I really wish I hadn't looked them up. :rofl:

I admit, some of what was said during the keynote felt a bit much like lip service, even to me - but these reactions are just sad.

Having said that, there's also this part of me that's perversely enjoying the fact that some people will never be able to enjoy the game, just because there's open-ended character creation and whatever else. :vampwink:

Other than some of the indications that maybe they'll neuter the game a bit - which isn't going to be an issue anyway, because there's no way for us to know if they did, we'll only be able to comment on what was eventually included in the game - there's nothing I've heard about B2 yet that I'm worried about.

It's really too good to be true, all of this. We're living in the best timeline.

I am sure the comments were a lot of nonsense or exaggerations, as it often happens, although the fact that one of the writers went on a long spiel as a journalist about the rape in hotline miami 2 is a bit worrisome about potential "neutering", as you put it (I am not saying that I DEMAND or NEED a rape scene in Bloodlines 2, of course, but the game always had a rather "adult" slant, it was part of the charm to me) . I think it's better to have artists try out stuff, even if it turns out a bit offensive at times, rather than the opposite.

To make a bad example, the only way to treat mental illness with "respect" in media... Is usally to not touch it at all, or you just go around preaching people how "not all people with condition x behave in y manner!" and so on. That's not a particularly interesting conversation, and one that takes time to do properly, all to get a rather mediocre payoff in character development (because, of course, if treated respectfully, the only thing that will come out of it is that the illness is not what defines that person). Effectively, we just wasted time to write a character with an issue, only to normalize him to make it "not-offensive". Maybe it works for some "feel-good" stories, but I don't think that would fit here.

Of course, it's not like I saw the script and I am making an assessment on the actual writing, all I am saying is that writing is more delicate than people give it credit for, and it's easy to fuck it up if you focus from the get go on stuff outside of it.

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2019, 11:29:40 AM »
Badass gif from GOG newsletter with BL2 Preorder link.

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2019, 11:59:42 AM »
Slavic? Where are you from?

Croatia.

That famous Slavic melancholy that is so evident in the centuries of art of Slavic nations comes with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2019, 12:08:04 PM »
Also it seems v5 edition basis confirmed.

Yeah, I would have preferred if they did not go the V5 route. I am not that enthusiastic about changes done to various clans and factions.

Badass gif from GOG newsletter with BL2 Preorder link.

Saved and thank you!

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2019, 01:02:48 PM »
Yeah, I would have preferred if they did not go the V5 route. I am not that enthusiastic about changes done to various clans and factions.

I'm probably in a minority, but IMO they should've just went the spiritual successor route and based everything on Requiem. It would still let them capitalize on the general nostalgia yet have much more creative freedom due to less luggage that CofD carries.

Edit: Watched the interview, they might want to rename thin-bloods to thick bloods. Those powers are huge compared to Revised.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 01:43:27 PM by J3ster »

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2019, 02:39:53 PM »
UX/UI designer Rachel Leiker:

"One of the big design challenges but also one of the most fulfilling has been to create a world that the player gets to explore on their own terms. We're not really using any kind of indicators for a lot of the side quests and a lot of, the sort of secret interactions that you can do throughout the game because we really want the player to be able to figure these things out on their own and kind of discover them throughout the world as they move through it. In this way we help with immersion and it's also kind of interesting for us as developers because we get to really stretch our wings as far as doing environmental cues and doing really fun interesting things to show the player what they can do."

As it should be done.

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2019, 02:42:50 PM »

Edit: Watched the interview, they might want to rename thin-bloods to thick bloods. Those powers are huge compared to Revised.

Well, considering we will be able to choose a clan later on, I suspect we aren't thin bloods at all, but just assumed to be so because we were Embraced along with the rest.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.