Author Topic: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?  (Read 10301 times)

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
Re: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2019, 05:39:56 PM »
Day one modding support was confirmed in the stream last night. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/399100804  4:50:35 mark. 

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2019, 05:42:44 PM »
So...there are no ranged weapons? That would kind of limit build diversity, if everyone could only use melee....
It definitely mentions disciplines though.

Weapons: As in the predecessor, there is a smorgasbord of guns and firearms, which are now wearing out: At some point, every club and every gun breaks apart. The official rationale is that as a vampire we are just too strong for mortal weapons. Let's see how much that sucks later.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/preorder_vampire_the_masquerade_bloodlines_2_2d247/post64

This is good, although...this is less so:

"Ego Perspective: We play Bloodlines 2 exclusively in the first person view. The game will only switch into third-person-perspective, if we trigger in melee a special maneuver à la Roundhouse kick. Or, if we climb up somewhere. "

I am primarily a 3rd person player, and at the very least I want to be able to look at my character from the front...If this isn't available at release (but it would, IMO, be a pretty big minus for an RPG, this isn't a first person shooter where your character appearance doesn't matter) I hope at least modders can do something about it. :/
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Sian

• Fledgling
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2019, 06:01:00 PM »
I am primarily a 3rd person player, and at the very least I want to be able to look at my character from the front...If this isn't available at release (but it would, IMO, be a pretty big minus for an RPG, this isn't a first person shooter where your character appearance doesn't matter) I hope at least modders can do something about it. :/

From what I understand from reading assorted announcement previews, Bloodlines 2 borrows heavily from the combat/gameplay aspects of Dishonored 2

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2019, 06:05:46 PM »
I hope Avellone and Mitsoda could have saved this from be an another "graphic-only shallow-experience" game.

However, any word or reaction from the holy troika or chad moore, perillo, schaffer, or any other member of the first bloodline staff?
Wow.  What do you base this "could have saved" (past tense) comment on?  WTF?  How do you know this to be a "graphic-only shallow-experience"?  Have you played it yet?

OPS! WRONG VERB DECLINATION!!

CORRECTION: I hope they can save this game
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2019, 06:08:00 PM »

From what I understand from reading assorted announcement previews, Bloodlines 2 borrows heavily from the combat/gameplay aspects of Dishonored 2

That may be so, I am not familiar with that game. I watched a video and it seems nice, graphics-wise but 1st person movement gives me motion sickness. I guess I'll try to get used to it, but the hype is receding somewhat now.
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2019, 06:09:21 PM »
― me

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2019, 06:14:35 PM »
Day one modding support was confirmed in the stream last night. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/399100804  4:50:35 mark.

❤❤❤

What will be the game engine? (If it's still source I'll die laughing. Maybe it will be possible convert stuff back and forth  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)
― me

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2019, 06:17:40 PM »

❤❤❤

What will be the game engine? (If it's still source I'll die laughing. Maybe it will be possible convert stuff back and forth  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

It's Unreal Engine 4, if that tells you anything.
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2019, 06:27:07 PM »

❤❤❤

It's Unreal Engine 4, if that tells you anything.

Not bad
― me

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2019, 06:37:03 PM »
The first things I notice are it not having any gameplay and seemingly not showing any familiar faces. I'm hopefully but trying not to get too excited, I've been burned before.

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2019, 06:48:24 PM »
The first things I notice are it not having any gameplay and seemingly not showing any familiar faces. I'm hopefully but trying not to get too excited, I've been burned before.

True, but you also had to have recognized the narrator's voice in the trailer as V.V., right? That alone gets my blood pumping just a little.

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2019, 06:49:32 PM »

True, but you also had to have recognized the narrator's voice in the trailer as V.V., right? That alone gets my blood pumping just a little.

I must confess I did not. I'm surprised I missed that.

Rewatched it. Hmmm, I'm not sure if it is. Perhaps an older V.V. - I feel the V.V. in Bloodlines sounded younger and more keen to hide in pretence and her sexuality.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 06:52:38 PM by TF Alex Burton »

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2019, 06:56:01 PM »
To be honest she sounds more like Therese to me. But I doubt it's her, since she might have died in the previous game, unless they are planning to reveal a canonical fate for the Voerman "twins".
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2019, 06:58:48 PM »
I don't know 100% that it's V.V., to be clear, but it sounds a ton like her, and some of my other FB friends pointed it out. I'd like it to be her.  :idhitit:

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »
More good news, Rik Schaffer is main composer!

https://twitter.com/outstarwalker/status/1109127882423492608