Author Topic: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?  (Read 10383 times)

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
Re: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2019, 12:28:34 PM »
"Ultimate" could have been meant regarding the gameplay mechanics. Also Bloodlines pretty much did the same thing and made you very powerful in a very short time!

I mean, it's a real shortsell if "Ultimate" means get gangbanged by any vampire that is not a thin-blood. At least in Bloodlines we're of a decent generation and there are several semi-plausible explanations for why you are so powerful aside from meta need for player progression.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2019, 12:35:13 PM »
I hope Avellone and Mitsoda could have saved this from be an another "graphic-only shallow-experience" game.

However, any word or reaction from the holy troika or chad moore, perillo, schaffer, or any other member of the first bloodline staff?
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2019, 12:47:09 PM »
Fucking hype! I proordered now!

Offline Zanderat

• Fledgling
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2019, 01:17:26 PM »
I hope Avellone and Mitsoda could have saved this from be an another "graphic-only shallow-experience" game.

However, any word or reaction from the holy troika or chad moore, perillo, schaffer, or any other member of the first bloodline staff?
Wow.  What do you base this "could have saved" (past tense) comment on?  WTF?  How do you know this to be a "graphic-only shallow-experience"?  Have you played it yet? 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:19:05 PM by Zanderat »

Offline TheSuspiciousSetite

• Fledgling
  • Suspicious indeed.
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2019, 02:25:40 PM »
The steam forum for bloodline 2 is being invaded by Trump supporters insulting the game.

This is vampire the masquerade 5th edition all over again.

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2019, 02:51:26 PM »
The steam forum for bloodline 2 is being invaded by Trump supporters insulting the game.

Sorry... I know nothing about USA polities... which is the link between Trump and vampire haters?

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2019, 02:58:16 PM »
I apologize to fellow members of this forum but this captures my initial reaction upon seeing the trailer.

I think that Brian Mitsoda and Chris Avellone have been given free hands in development of the game. Some from press supposedly get to try the game and said it was just like the original except with 2019 graphics. I think we are getting a true Bloodlines sequel.

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2019, 02:59:21 PM »

Why? There is literally zero reason thus far.

Offline ush

• Fledgling
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2019, 03:02:19 PM »

Sorry... I know nothing about USA polities... which is the link between Trump and vampire haters?
[/quote]

Anyone who objects to the new puritans that are infesting gaming is a Trump supporting alt right naziiiiiiiiii

Even if you dont give a f**k about American politics and have never voted for a right wing candidate in your life.  :rofl:

It's a fun time to be alive

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2019, 03:28:36 PM »

Why? There is literally zero reason thus far.

People get offended by the most insignificant things these days.
Things like one of the devs sporting an undercut or another displaying pronouns (like she/he/her/him/it/them/they/everything/whatever) in their Twatter profile.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 03:32:27 PM by Mond_Blutgut »

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2019, 04:38:04 PM »
That's excellent news!  :rock:

I found an interesting morsel too (pun definitely intended):

I wonder how this "clan choosing" works....  :chinscratch:

Then there is this bit from the Steam description:

Immerse yourself in the World of Darkness and live out your vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to your choices. You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in our forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system. Your power will grow as you advance, but remember to uphold the Masquerade and guard your humanity... or face the consequences.

So...there are no ranged weapons? That would kind of limit build diversity, if everyone could only use melee....
It definitely mentions disciplines though.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2019, 04:41:32 PM »
So...there are no ranged weapons? That would kind of limit build diversity, if everyone could only use melee....
It definitely mentions disciplines though.

Weapons: As in the predecessor, there is a smorgasbord of guns and firearms, which are now wearing out: At some point, every club and every gun breaks apart. The official rationale is that as a vampire we are just too strong for mortal weapons. Let's see how much that sucks later.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/preorder_vampire_the_masquerade_bloodlines_2_2d247/post64

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2019, 04:44:41 PM »
We'll do our best to keep U.S. politics as it relates to Bloodlines 2 at a minimum at PV in the Bloodlines Games General Discussion area. Everyone who has been around here for a while knows we promote everyone openly expressing themselves regardless of your background or orientation. I don't want a toxic political conversation that re-ashes old stuff and polarizes people. The narrative of the topic is about the game, not political leanings towards WW. Use the Off Topic area for political stuff. I also didn't read in the Steam forums where people specifically said they were Trump supporters either. Let's not open that bag or worms and just stay on topic about the game in a non-toxic and non-political way please. I'm accustomed to the forum basically taking care of moderating itself, but there may be some new visitors now the game is announced that may not get our community. If needed, I'll bring aboard some more moderators but we'll see how things play out.

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2019, 04:49:30 PM »
Looks like that you start the game without a clan, and soon you must chose a faction- clan to join. Is a good way to have a high replayability and a easy way to add more content later like they promised