* Notice

Important notice (08 January 2021): PlanetVampire was staked for the last three days due to a failing disk. We have risen again on new hardware! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?  (Read 26768 times)

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
Re: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2019, 10:17:45 pm »
Well I have played both ESO and the single-player TES games and I can say the story is not bad, although yes in general not as good as the others. It does have its moments though when it's actually better, what drags it down most of all is the MMO need to pad it with filler quests and of course the fact that the world is, for a large part, static. Fallout 76 I haven't even touched because it doesn't appeal to me at all.

Star Wars the Old Republic, however, really shines in the MMO story department: there are interesting class-specific stories and characters, companions with backstories whom you can build relationships with, player choices etc. Sadly this is diminished in later chapters when development started slowing down and many things were streamlined, but it's still pretty good.

Plus I have someone whom I'd like to play a VtM game with, if I could.

That being said, I would definitely choose a good single player game over a generic MMO.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:21:47 pm by Ghanima_Atreides »
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2019, 10:44:51 pm »
I played Star Wars the Old Republic, it is a very rare gem. I would suggest maybe something in theme of The Secret World game could work if they are indeed  going the MMO route. I will spare you the wasted time and tell you that F76 is mostly a garbage, its "story" is basically non-existent. Like people suspected in the beginning when the game was announced, MMO with a recognizable setting is a good and steady cash cow.

That being said, I would definitely choose a good single player game over a generic MMO.

Amen.

Offline Leorgrium

• Brujah
  • Neonate
  • Brujah
    • Twitter
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2019, 03:36:22 am »
Wow

Everybody Lies...
PlanetVampire Discord Channel: https://discord.io/planetvampire

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate

Offline Shadow12

• Fledgling
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2019, 03:55:37 am »
I just pre-ordered. Unbelievable. Every now and then you get surprised...

Offline Gurkhal

• Methuselah
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2019, 04:04:36 am »
This looks awesome! I just hope my computer will be able to run it. But if not then I'll have alot of "Let's plays" to watch. :P

Offline Mort

• mgust35
  • Fledgling
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2019, 05:20:08 am »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2019, 05:28:15 am »
Pre-order on gog.com:
https://www.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_bloodlines_2_blood_moon_edition

Bloodlines 2...omigosh-omigosh-omigosh! I am quivering with unadulterated JOY. My favorite game of all time finally gets a sequel. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.  :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Offline Leorgrium

• Brujah
  • Neonate
  • Brujah
    • Twitter
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2019, 05:40:19 am »
 :rock:

Everybody Lies...

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2019, 05:52:54 am »
So the main character is a mass embraced thin-blood yet becomes "Ultimate Vampire". Uhh, I'm having second thought on the integrity of the lore there. Or maybe I will have to read that V5 Corebook after all. Here's hoping that it's based on v20 instead.

I really wanted to pre-order because of that Stop sign (Malkavians playable confirmed?) but I think I'll hold out until actual gameplay comes. I'll have to buy new PC to run it anyway. And then we'll have to wait for Wesp patches as well.

P.S. Also, in-game bonuses for referrals? Ugh. I got all the blood pack on the official website though, the unique one is on the preorder page, if anyone has trouble finding it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 05:55:34 am by J3ster »

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2019, 05:54:24 am »
:rock:

Aside from the joy of seeing the trailer, my first thought is how happy Wesp will be when he sees Brian Mitsoda is involved as the writer again.  :rock:

Offline YamiRaziel

• Neonate
  • Redeemer & Destroyer
    • Citadelata - a fantasy based fan site
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2019, 06:09:06 am »
After 15 long fucking years of waiting I can't believe this is happening!

They better enable mods for all platforms and make it so that when this community does an amazing mod, I can play it on my PS4 :D

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2019, 06:17:30 am »
So the main character is a mass embraced thin-blood yet becomes "Ultimate Vampire". Uhh, I'm having second thought on the integrity of the lore there. Or maybe I will have to read that V5 Corebook after all. Here's hoping that it's based on v20 instead.

I was wondering about that, too. I mean, best case scenario, you get to diablerize someone with authorization from a faction to possibly gain "clanhood." I'm a bit puzzled as to how we're supposed to be even remotely powerful compared to any legit Kindred if we're thinbloods...

Offline Leorgrium

• Brujah
  • Neonate
  • Brujah
    • Twitter
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2019, 06:48:10 am »
Aside from the joy of seeing the trailer, my first thought is how happy Wesp will be when he sees Brian Mitsoda is involved as the writer again.  :rock:

Avellone as well :)

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1108935241794650113

Everybody Lies...

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2019, 06:53:37 am »
Any confirmation on which version of the WoD ruleset it will be based on? Never played the actual tabletop games, but I own books and I have read a LOT of wikis over the years (since I like the videogames quite a bit) and I did find some of the new stuff less interesting for me personally. I'll probably play this anyway, of course, Bloodlines got a damn sequel, but I'd like to know a bit more details.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal