Author Topic: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?  (Read 13128 times)

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
Re: New Bloodlines Sequel Teased?
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2019, 07:27:05 PM »
I think the same company made the Styx games, which I never played but which I think were rather solid. I hope that part of the studio makes the werewolfe game and not the Chtulhu team...

Styx games were indeed good, nothing spectacular but solid as you say. Still, even if it is team behind the Styx games, we have had zero news on the progress for two years if I am not mistaken. That is a potential game in development limbo.

Offline ush

• Fledgling
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »
The Styx game I tried was real B grade fare.

TBH A bloodlines sequel doesn't really excite me, given the state of the gaming industry right now, it will be mobbed by shrill hysterics demanding that it pander to their agenda until it's safe spaced to death.

Bloodlines would caused an outrage  frenzy on twitter if it was released now :chinscratch:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2019, 04:43:29 PM »
Bloodlines would caused an outrage  frenzy on twitter if it was released now :chinscratch:

I still have high hopes following the Tender ARG which had some bloody stuff inside ;). Also even in a Bloodlines a lot of content was censored by cutting before I restored it with the UP, like several blood sprays and almost all street blowjobs...

Offline ush

• Fledgling
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2019, 10:11:47 PM »
Blood and gore won't be their issue..pretty much everything else in Bloodlines will be, given that it's a Patriarchal gender-normative rape simulator for white hetero alt-right naziiis.  Sing along,  we all know the lyrics by now  :clap:

Offline Candy Narwhal

• Neonate
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2019, 11:32:58 PM »
given that it's a patriarchal gender-normative rape simulator for white hetero alt-right nazis
I think you're projecting. :vampwink:

Look, as a bona-fide SJW, from Sweden no less - which is the uncontested SJW capital of the world, and where Paradox are based, for that matter :vampsmile: - let me tell you, there's nothing about Bloodlines (or Vampire, or the World of Darkness overall) that's all that controversial, honestly. Maybe it's because I'm European, though, that I feel that way. Americans tend to be a lot more squeamish about mature themes, after all...

EDIT: The magic of the source material is that it's a game about people - what's unfortunate, then, is if they miss the opportunity to cover a broad spectrum of people. I think that's what could set SJWs off, if anything.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:43:51 PM by Candy Narwhal »

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2019, 12:58:55 AM »
Here's my take (disclaimer:  from USA):  Americans are hung up on sex, Europeans on violence.  That decapitation scene that was banned in Europe didn't make a splash here. 

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2019, 01:08:40 AM »
SJWs are nothing better than glorified trolls. As for the decapitation, speaking as a English man, it dosen't even look that bad at least not by modern standards.

Offline ush

• Fledgling
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2019, 10:35:19 AM »
given that it's a patriarchal gender-normative rape simulator for white hetero alt-right nazis
I think you're projecting. :vampwink:

Look, as a bona-fide SJW, from Sweden no less - which is the uncontested SJW capital of the world, and where Paradox are based, for that matter :vampsmile: - let me tell you, there's nothing about Bloodlines (or Vampire, or the World of Darkness overall) that's all that controversial, honestly. Maybe it's because I'm European, though, that I feel that way. Americans tend to be a lot more squeamish about mature themes, after all...

EDIT: The magic of the source material is that it's a game about people - what's unfortunate, then, is if they miss the opportunity to cover a broad spectrum of people. I think that's what could set SJWs off, if anything.

Hows that been working out then?  How many times now have White Wolf issued apologies or modified products  to try appease an outrage mob?  :chinscratch:

Fat Larry, VV, Heather, Damsel, the Tongs, all of them will be labelled problematic characters now.  You can totally forget about Vesuvius and the Death Mask Productions stuff.

Also, assuming people are Americans might not be the best idea.  :razz:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 11:53:57 AM by ush »

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2019, 02:23:42 PM »
The folks over at gog.com just posted this:

Vampire Games Marathon on GOG.COM

Thirsty for fun? These thrilling vampire games will sip out your free time and fill it with pure excitement.

Follow our courageous Stream Team as they decide whether to become vampires or vampire slayers. Browse through our collection of Bloody Good Games (https://gog.com/partner/bloodygoodgames), watch the livestreams and discover the mysterious Bloody Good Game that will soon descend upon GOG.COM.

Including a link to this website:
https://lp.gog.com/bloodygoodgame
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 02:30:55 PM by Mond_Blutgut »

Offline Leorgrium

• Brujah
  • Neonate
  • Brujah
    • Twitter
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2019, 04:00:19 PM »

Everybody Lies...
PlanetVampire Discord Channel: https://discord.io/planetvampire

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2019, 07:43:48 PM »

The second with the Pier is just pure beauty.

Perhaps we will be getting a true Bloodlines sequel.  :rock:

Offline Candy Narwhal

• Neonate
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2019, 09:52:50 AM »
With every bit of art we're seeing, I can't help but think it's a Bloodlines remake - maybe set in the modern nights? Well, the modern modern nights, that is.

That is definitely the Elizabeth Dane, off to the left in that pier shot. If nothing else, whoever's drawing these knows what they're doing...

The other alternative, to my mind, is still a Bloodlines remake, but in the Requiem setting? Could be interesting too, but then, I don't believe VTR is as popular as VTM, so.

How many times now have White Wolf issued apologies or modified products  to try appease an outrage mob?  :chinscratch:
Twice, right? Once for the "We Eat Blood" - well, the writer on WEB anyway, and then the usage of Chechnya's persecution of LGBT+ people as a plot point for V5.

Between those two, I only really take issue with the latter, but only because it's kind of on-the-nose, and while I understand seeing an opportunity for worldbuilding there - and to any sane individual, it wouldn't downplay the reality of what's going on in Chechnya anyway - it felt a bit, "let's be controversial for the sake of it".

Vampire is not a try-hard setting, that's the thing. It's meant to be the opposite... :irritated:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 09:57:44 AM by Candy Narwhal »

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2019, 10:01:21 AM »
With every bit of art we're seeing, I can't help but think it's a Bloodlines remake - maybe set in the modern nights? Well, the modern modern nights, that is.

I wondered that too. That's the pier alright (possibly with the Dane in the distance) and what could be a modern version of the Venture Tower...if so, I approve of the new sleek elegance.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2019, 10:07:31 AM »

That is definitely the Elizabeth Dane, off to the left in that pier shot. If nothing else, whoever's drawing these knows what they're doing...

It has been confirmed multiple times that this is not the SM pier, but the Seattle pier. Also several other screenshots show landmarks in Seattle!

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2019, 12:10:05 PM »
I have never been in USA but I saw a Seattle pier photo and I can see a restaurant called "crab pot" with the same icon that you can see in the vampire image...
(of course they changed the name of the restaurant)