* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Maybe some news at PDXCON Remix ( May 21-23) ?  (Read 6457 times)

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
Maybe some news at PDXCON Remix ( May 21-23) ?
« on: February 12, 2021, 01:32:11 pm »
I don´t say that Bloodlines 2 will be part of the PDCON but there is a "chance" that we get a sign of life. Maybe we get the name of the studio.
https://pdxcon.paradoxplaza.com/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 08:25:53 pm by Wilhelm-Streicher »

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
Re: Maybe some news at Paradox Insider Show ( March 13th, 8p.m. CET) ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 07:03:59 pm »
All the right sort of people who have gone are in bu'ness again, that's the only sign of life.

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 11:11:16 pm »
WTF

Jacobb C. Watkins: "Mr/Miss HSL may we know one way or the other if Bloodlines 2 will be at the March PDX event?"
Hardsuit Labs: "Good morning! That's not something that will be released or discussed here. I would keep an eye on the @VTM_Bloodlines twitter account for information of that nature. That's where they will release info about the game. :3"
Data: "Well funny thing I've been keeping an eye over there for about 5 months now. Whats the over under for the next 5 month on receiving any 'news' ? Very disappointing."

https://twitter.com/HardsuitLabs/status/1360254565417820164

Man i really don´t trust Hardsuit Labs anymore but hey maybe you should post more pets pics on your Twitter page.  :rolleyes:

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 04:19:25 pm »
Man i really don´t trust Hardsuit Labs anymore

It took a while

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 05:47:13 pm »
It took a while
Not really, besides the starpower of Brian Mitsoda i never have truly believed in Hardsuit Labs.
Speaking of HL we have some news. HL is looking for a new Senior Envionment Artist, Lead Character Artist and Lead Concept Artist for current and future projects.
https://careers.hardsuitlabs.com/jobsAlso it seems that they found a new Audio Director.
By the way is anyone from this Forum maybe in contact with Rik Schaffer or his wife Margaret Tang?
Are they also not longer involved or, big surprise, still working on Bloodlines 2?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 06:27:40 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 12:34:46 am »
It took a while
Not really, besides the starpower of Brian Mitsoda i never have truly believed in Hardsuit Labs.
Speaking of HL we have some news. HL is looking for a new Senior Envionment Artist, Lead Character Artist and Lead Concept Artist for current and future projects.
https://careers.hardsuitlabs.com/jobsAlso it seems that they found a new Audio Director.
By the way is anyone from this Forum maybe in contact with Rik Schaffer or his wife Margaret Tang?
Are they also not longer involved or, big surprise, still working on Bloodlines 2?

Don't quote me on this but I remember reading here on this forum that both Rik Schaffer and his wife were let go.  When I read about all these layoff's I keep remembering what a youtuber said about a possibility of HSL redoing Bloodlines 2.  If so I won't be surprised that if they ever release the game the company will go under soon afterwards like Troika did, due to all the money invested in the project already.

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 10:54:44 am »
How many of you guys still think they aren't going to change Brian's work? To be honest, the longer the silence, the more I start to believe they are definitely messing around with that as well. At first I was "a lot of the work was done already, so they aren't going to change too much, even if firing him makes me suspicious", but at this point it feels more like "are they developing a new game from scratch or what?"
Is the PR team trying to stay silent for a few more months so that casual fans of the franchise are more likely to forget the various blunders so far? I mean, I fully expect PR to lie/exaggerate, not to stay silent, it's just weird.

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 11:52:02 am »
How many of you guys still think they aren't going to change Brian's work? To be honest, the longer the silence, the more I start to believe they are definitely messing around with that as well. At first I was "a lot of the work was done already, so they aren't going to change too much, even if firing him makes me suspicious", but at this point it feels more like "are they developing a new game from scratch or what?"
Is the PR team trying to stay silent for a few more months so that casual fans of the franchise are more likely to forget the various blunders so far? I mean, I fully expect PR to lie/exaggerate, not to stay silent, it's just weird.

The more I hear about these layoffs the more I begin to believe a video I saw on Youtube stating the game was most likely being redone from scratch.  They based this on the job positions Hardsuit Labs are hiring for development of the game.  I don't want to be a Debbie downer but prove to me otherwise.

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 05:00:43 pm »
Lets face it already, yet another great franchise has been ruined by a bunch worthless maggots, stfu in their faces. That's it, the end.

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 09:21:46 pm »
Lets face it already, yet another great franchise has been ruined by a bunch worthless maggots, stfu in their faces. That's it, the end.

My thoughts exactly.

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2021, 10:07:01 pm »
I would say that this is (highly?) unlikely because first it costs more money. Lets face it Bloodlines 2 won´t be a best seller and therefore why put more money into this project?
Second this is my main point. Ok if they really working from scratch why on earth should Hardsuit Labs still be allowed to work on Bloodlines 2? This doesn´t make any sense.

Also guys don´t forget the pandemic which isn´t an excuse for everything but hey it has definitely an impact.
And after all of departures and firings (Bloodlines 2 lost all of its known spokespersons) well is it really surprising that they sit out the shitstorm?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 10:14:12 pm by Wilhelm-Streicher »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 12:46:10 pm »
I just asked Rik Schaffer via email about the audio director job and he told me that he never had that position with Bloodlines 2. He only composed the music...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 01:06:20 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2021, 01:54:13 pm »
Posting this here too, as the topic came up: I just asked Rik Schaffer via email about the audio director job and he told me that he never had that position with Bloodlines 2. He only composed the music...
Thanks for letting us know.  :smiley:
Now, if only you could infiltrate HSL HQ and bring us more news about what's going on, that would be great. How many points do you have in obfuscate?  :cometome:

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 03:56:36 pm »
To answer my question, well it seems impossible that we hear anything in March.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:51:32 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 04:51:51 pm »
I wouldn't say that, they should at least announce the new studio!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal