Author Topic: IT FINALLY HAPPENED  (Read 2798 times)

Offline VampireBill

• Neonate
Re: IT FINALLY HAPPENED
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2019, 01:23:48 PM »
Just... 6 clans ? They better not be axing Toreadors !

Toreadors fit way too cleanly with the the West Coast and the idea of sexy vampires in general to not be included. I would suspect Nosferatu has been axed from the starting line-up, they require the most overall different play-style, and pretty much any way it turns out how you can go from a new thin-blood to joining a clan later in the game, Nosferatu would be the hardest, unless you already, you know, looked like a Nosferatu, haha.

Offline mdqp

• Neonate
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2019, 01:30:44 PM »

There are images of a different room for each "coming soon" clan.  One seems a rather posh room, and the Ventrues have a different image (theirs is the most obvious) so I am going to take an educated guess, and say they are one of the starting clans.

Offline Azrael

• Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2019, 09:44:45 PM »

*gasps in expensive loafers*
- az

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Ancillus
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2019, 10:30:46 PM »
From the images, I believe they will be: Toreador, Ventrue, Brujah, Tremere, Nosferatu, with the "bonus" (whatever that is) being Malkavian (judging by the medical (?) diplomas on the wall) which leaves Gangrel. I assume that will be introduced with that werewolf-centric DLC, since it would fit...
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Highwayman667

• Neonate
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2019, 06:08:49 AM »
My bets are either on Brujah or Ventrue. What do those two clans have that every other Camarilla clan doesn't have ?

And honestly, I'm kinda flabbergasted about playing the same clans again. I know I'll love it but I was sort of expecting to play as a Tzimisce.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2019, 08:42:53 AM »
I assume that will be introduced with that werewolf-centric DLC, since it would fit...

"Werewolf-centric DLC", where is this info coming from? Also Gangrel Protean would probably be hard to do in first person view only gameplay...

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Ancillus
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2019, 01:18:59 PM »
I assume that will be introduced with that werewolf-centric DLC, since it would fit...

"Werewolf-centric DLC", where is this info coming from? Also Gangrel Protean would probably be hard to do in first person view only gameplay...

From the Steam preorder page:

Strange beings have ventured into Seattle, and threaten the Masquerade. Expand your Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2 story into the Season of the Wolf.

The Season of the Wolf includes
• Two Story Packs which will take you deeper into the underbelly of Seattle and introduce some of the more fantastical denizens from the World of Darkness.
• One major Expansion in which the vampires' greatest enemy enters Seattle.

Personally, I HOPE they manage to find a way to include Gangrel; it would suck to have an incomplete list of Clans...of course, this wouldn't have been a problem at all if not for this 1st person only business... *grumbles in 3rd person*
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:26:20 PM by Ghanima_Atreides »
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2019, 03:21:37 PM »
I'm really dissapointed about the lack of third person...
I don't know if the game is in a later stage of dev, but they should really consider adding this feature...
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline mdqp

• Neonate
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2019, 04:01:59 PM »
I don't know if the game is in a later stage of dev, but they should really consider adding this feature...

I certainly would appreciate it too, especially given the focus on melee, but I think the best bet might be for a mod to take care of it eventually. Not really a dealbreaker for me, though. I find it funny that the idea of playing a Bloodlines game that isn't a technical mess (hopefully) is almost enough to make me happy on its own. I wonder if we could possibly get a total conversion to port Bloodlines 1 to 2, but we don't really know enough about modding potential right now, even if they mentioned they want to support mods.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2019, 04:47:50 PM »
To argikt:
It isn't yet released but yet the mods are in development XD

To mdqp:
They have confirmed it's the unreal engine, if you're interested this discussion of portings is discussed in another topic
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me (on changing my mind on deleting cheeks for a mod)

Offline mdqp

• Neonate
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2019, 05:35:35 PM »
To mdqp:
They have confirmed it's the unreal engine, if you're interested this discussion of portings is discussed in another topic

Thanks for letting me know! I assume it's hard to tell at the moment how feasible it would be, but it's going to be interesting to hear from people who know more about programming and modding than me.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2019, 06:15:43 PM »
I assume it's hard to tell at the moment how feasible it would be, but it's going to be interesting to hear from people who know more about programming and modding than me.

I know little about modding the Unreal 4 engine, but as far as I know it's very different from the Source engine so basically all assets would have to be recreated anew, especially as Seattle won't help you visualize LA. Besides that there is still the legal issue that Activision owns Bloodlines and would need to agree to this...

As for modders to add third person animations, I don't think this would be feasable either unless there is an easy trick like e.g. to use NPC animations for the player models.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:17:54 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline mdqp

• Neonate
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2019, 06:39:34 PM »
I know little about modding the Unreal 4 engine, but as far as I know it's very different from the Source engine so basically all assets would have to be recreated anew, especially as Seattle won't help you visualize LA. Besides that there is still the legal issue that Activision owns Bloodlines and would need to agree to this...

As for modders to add third person animations, I don't think this would be feasable either unless there is an easy trick like e.g. to use NPC animations for the player models.

Oh, I assumed that, to avoid legal issues, someone would make an installer that requires to have VtMB installed, and it would then move the relevant files to Bloodlines 2 (that way, you don't package any stuff that legally can't be in the installer). If we are talking about recreating assets from scratch, then that could be more of an issue, ironically.

Yeah, I didn't think 3rd person mode would be easy to mod in, but since this is a rather common engine, and considering the fact that they want to be modder friendly, I am hopeful about the possibility to re-use in-game assets creatively to change that. It might not be possible, though, that's true.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2019, 07:18:52 PM »
Oh, I assumed that, to avoid legal issues, someone would make an installer that requires to have VtMB installed, and it would then move the relevant files to Bloodlines 2 (that way, you don't package any stuff that legally can't be in the installer).

Even if we would be allowed do that, compared to modern Unreal 4 engine games the models of Bloodlines are low-polygon and the textures are low-res, so we wouldn't gain much until all these are recreated as HD versions.

Offline Highwayman667

• Neonate
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2019, 03:26:46 AM »

I agree, I loved switching back and forth. Hell, if Skyrim can do it, why couldn't BL2 ?