Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is it just me, or is VtMB2 destined to come crashing down?  (Read 9915 times)

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
Re: Is it just me, or is VtMB2 destined to come crashing down?
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2019, 01:46:52 AM »
Thinking about this topic... what is the one thing that would turn you off from this game ? What would constitute a significant letdown from the first Bloodlines ?

My biggest concern would be the absence of quests that involved no violence.

I cannot possibly imagine a great RPG without quests where not a single drop of blood isn't shed, and that's BIG want on my list of things for BL2.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2019, 04:29:41 AM »
Thinking about this topic... what is the one thing that would turn you off from this game ? What would constitute a significant letdown from the first Bloodlines ?

My biggest concern would be the absence of quests that involved no violence.

I cannot possibly imagine a great RPG without quests where not a single drop of blood isn't shed, and that's BIG want on my list of things for BL2.

Oh, 100%. There are more than a dozen quests like that in Bloodlines 1, and with Mitsoda at the wheel, I can't imagine we won't have quests like that. Also, if we're "strongly encouraged" to do hand-to-hand combat, I wonder if all enemies we beat using levels of strength that don't go into the realm of Potence-boosts will be unconscious as opposed to dead unless we choose to execute? Technically that would be "without bloodshed" too. =p But yeah, nonviolent is pretty cool.

For me, I want some Hunters other than Society of Leopold and Second Inquisition. Although I'd prefer Second Inquisition to SoL, if only because I am tired of SoL, I would like to see at least a couple of Hunters like Yukie who kill based on merit as opposed to one's existence (i.e. kill vampires who are murdering people sadistically or for political/personal gain all the time as opposed to peaceful-ish vampires). These are interesting and could be dynamically handled based on the player's actions in the game prior to meeting them and the player's humanity rating.

Of course, I'm going to be pissed off if the game makes brawl amazing while firearms are just trash you constantly throw away and can't rely on to use regularly to much success...when in fact unarmed combat is the WORST way for the average Kindred to fight in ACTUAL VtM unless you have Potence or Protean for damage boosts and/or aggravated damage. Guns can do much more damage than your bare fists unless you have those Disciplines and this is just horseshit if they cater to brawl because they like it and leave everyone else high and dry.

I would also be a bit grumpy if the 13 "non-extinct" clans don't all make appearances...so in other words, sure, Ravnos are rare, but can't we have one or two? I'm fine with Salubri and Cappadocians being gone since they're the two clans basically considered extinct...though I'd be happy as a pig in mid to have all 15 clans in this.

It won't piss me off, but I would be happier if they add more playable clans beyond the seven from Bloodlines 1. Lasombra are now being accepted as a "Camarilla clan," and I would love to get to play as one, complete with stuff in the game to make it feel legitimate as opposed to feeling like a mod/fan service DLC.

Another thing that would turn me off would be if it's as buggy as the original. Wesp and a ton of other people had to work their asses off to turn this into the only "really buggy" game that it is now. It's still a hellscape of bugs, but it's nothing like the shitstorm of glitches and other problems that were in the game in its first 1-2 years of release.

I hope the game will have a great mix of comedy and darkness like the original. However, I would like a few more "dramatic"/deep humans in Bloodlines 2. Looking back on Bloodlines 1, almost every human is a comic relief, or a "straight man" (just answers a question or gives you something, etc.), or attacks you angrily. Yukie, Wong Ho, Venus, and a few others had a bit of depth to them, but most were FUN to talk to...but feeling like jokes/stereotypes that the Storyteller just put in there to make the player laugh instead of making the world incredible. Thankfully, Bloodlines 1's Kindred, a few of its humans, and the 10/10 soundtrack and architecture/hub layouts pre-Chinatown won me over, though.

I am very much a perfectionist when it comes to character classes and abilities...so I desperately want the three Thin-Blood powers to be well-suited to certain clans/builds in particular. If one or more of the powers is objectively worse than the others for every clan, then that will really set me off, lol. Logically, it sounds like clans better suited to firearms, like Toreador, might make great use out of Telekinesis, yanking guns away for your own use. Then again, shouldn't we be able to steal guns at Celerity 4 or so since the enemy has no time to react, just run up and grab it in the blink of an eye?

Y'know that's one thing that's bugging me about this game. The new Thin-Blood powers sound EXTREMELY important for mobility. All of them, including telekinesis to access levers, switches, yank grates off walls, or whatever. So we're going to want several points in those for exploration/completion purposes...and then the two clan Disciplines we're going to probably want to max as well. That kinda sucks because as it is, we're losing one of the three clan Disciplines because the devs are cutting one...but the one they're cutting sound like they're going to be the ones we would be more likely to pass on in favor of the other two clan disciplines...meaning we're going to want the two available clan disciplines AND the new Thin-Blood power. That's going to be aggravating unless we get a ton more XP in this game than in Bloodlines 1, since all 3 powers sound like they'll be more important in this game than Bloodlines 1 since each clan kinda has a "dump power" depending on your build. I do NOT wanna give up Celerity or Potence as a Brujah, but then I'll have to pass on the exploration/mobility stuff (unless Potence lets me break all the walls I need to).

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2019, 01:35:22 PM »
shouldn't we be able to steal guns at Celerity 4 or so since the enemy has no time to react, just run up and grab it in the blink of an eye?

I'm just getting wet thinking about this. What a fucking awesome game this will be.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2019, 02:24:43 PM »
shouldn't we be able to steal guns at Celerity 4 or so since the enemy has no time to react, just run up and grab it in the blink of an eye?

I'm just getting wet thinking about this. What a fucking awesome game this will be.

Haha! Well, let's HOPE they do that. I'd be into it. ;)

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2019, 03:34:28 PM »

Unlikely though :'( ... it sounds like an aditional skill one might need, and one that might require animation.

SO BRING IT TO US MITSODA !!!

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2019, 08:04:53 PM »

Unlikely though :'( ... it sounds like an aditional skill one might need, and one that might require animation.

SO BRING IT TO US MITSODA !!!

They did it (stealing guns out of people's hands while manipulating time) in that kinda-crappy B game, TimeShift back in the 2000s where the gimmicky gameplay was basically all there was, because everything else in the game was very lackluster. So I don't see why they can't do it here. Worst case scenario, they could just have the gun disappear out of the enemy's hands much like most items you pick up in games.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2019, 10:44:59 PM »
They did it (stealing guns out of people's hands while manipulating time) in that kinda-crappy B game, TimeShift back in the 2000s where the gimmicky gameplay was basically all there was, because everything else in the game was very lackluster. So I don't see why they can't do it here. Worst case scenario, they could just have the gun disappear out of the enemy's hands much like most items you pick up in games.

I wonder though... won't we have mentalism for that in the end ?

Fuck... now I gotta choose between that and throwing bats at people.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2019, 11:56:42 PM »

I wonder though... won't we have mentalism for that in the end ?

Fuck... now I gotta choose between that and throwing bats at people.

Well...you could always use mentalism to pull baseball bats out of enemies' hands and (presumably) use the same power to hurl the baseball bats back at them! I mean technically you'd be "throwing bats," right? ;)

The Chiropteran stuff sounds fun, but the bat swarm basically Nightwisp Ravens from Bloodlines 1, albeit more vampire-themed. The glide ability sounds like the real reason to choose those powers.

It sounds like Firearms characters will be best suited to Mentalism, especially if we throw guns away after emptying the clip, or even after going through a few clips and they break, if since we can have a steady source of guns (I hope) that way.

Oh dude...I just had an idea I think you'll like for Toreador with Mentalism and Celerity with Firearms. Okay, so you use the fifth dot of Mentalism, levitating all the enemies in the combat zone in front of you, immediately turn on Celerity 5, then walk from enemy to enemy, popping each one in the head with a pistol at point blank while they can't react and are held aloft. Deactivate your powers and their bodies come falling to the ground, all dead from headshots that took place within a couple of seconds. :D

That's assuming that if you throw them, it doesn't kill them instantly. If so, skip the previous step...or if they're Kindred, shotgun them in the skulls instead of using a pistol. ^^

I would say that Chiropteran would be great for Firearms characters because you could ride an updraft up onto a rooftop then set up a sniper position to take out your enemies...EXCEPT that the freaking gun will probably break due to the bullshit rules the devs have made up in direct contradiction to VtM rules about guns. SO with that in mind, Chiropteran sounds like it will be awful for Firearms compared to the other abilities.

Nebulation just sounds excellent for any stealth character...aside from those with Obfuscate, in which case it would be pretty redundant, I think.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2019, 03:04:43 AM »
I might get a bit pissed off but... weren't we supposed to be able to turn into actual bats with chiropteran ? Or is the webpage hiding some of the other abilities you get from the disciplines ?

I don't want to fucking "glide". I want to turn into a damn bat !

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2019, 03:38:38 AM »
I might get a bit pissed off but... weren't we supposed to be able to turn into actual bats with chiropteran ? Or is the webpage hiding some of the other abilities you get from the disciplines ?

I don't want to fucking "glide". I want to turn into a damn bat !

Turing into a frickin' bat would be pretty awesome, but the way they describe the ability on the site just makes it sound like we're magically lightweight:

• Glide (Blood Cost: 1) is Chiropteran’s first active power, and can be enhanced by investing in the • • slot. Glide greatly lowers the weight of the vampire’s skeleton and muscle mass to allow them to float on updrafts, reaching otherwise inaccessible areas. In the air, the vampire can swoop into NPC to knock them down, pounce on enemies far below, or use the height advantage to rain down Disciplines from afar.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2019, 11:38:28 AM »
Turing into a frickin' bat would be pretty awesome, but the way they describe the ability on the site just makes it sound like we're magically lightweight:

Meh... might just consider mentalism.

What about stealth though ? Will nebulation do better in that regard. Fuck, the thinblood abilities are too tempting now !

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2019, 12:02:33 PM »

Meh... might just consider mentalism.

What about stealth though ? Will nebulation do better in that regard. Fuck, the thinblood abilities are too tempting now !

That it will! From the official site:

• Mist Shroud (Blood Cost: 2), Nebulation’s first active power, envelops the vampire with mist for a short time, muffling footsteps and making them slightly harder to notice. In addition, the vampire can partially transform into mist for one invocation to either perform a choking attack on an NPC, or travel through tight spaces. The • • slot enhances these powers even further.

• • • Envelop (Blood Cost: 3), the second active, creates a stationary, swirling cloud of mist that surrounds, blinds and forcefully enters the lungs of NPC that touch it. It and Mist Shroud both can be further improved with the • • • • and • • • • • slots.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2019, 01:39:28 AM »
Fuck... too many choices now. So awesome.

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2019, 04:22:49 AM »
I thought this was an excellent video for this topic, well worth a watch. 

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2019, 05:49:06 AM »
I thought this was an excellent video for this topic, well worth a watch. 

Yeah, Outstar took a great apolitical approach to the ordeal as well. I watched that a little over a month ago, I think, and it did much to assuage many of my concerns. I'm still leery, but no longer horrified.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal