Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: HSL is no longer developing Bloodlines 2  (Read 4396 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: HSL is no longer developing Bloodlines 2
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2021, 09:44:01 pm »
Maybe Paraox want to have the dialogues more mainstream / popculture...
Judging from Bloodlines I think Mitsoda could do this perfectly well, so I still fear that there were other issues...

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2021, 01:18:02 am »
If they are restarting from scratch.  Brian Mitsoda has some bad luck.  Back when he worked with Obsidian he wrote for the game Alpha Protocol.  He was unceremoniously let go and all his work on the game was cut.  So I can see Paradox doing the same with Bloodlines 2. 

Offline Mamita

• Ancillus
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2021, 04:14:16 am »
Oh my god. No. Bad. No reboots. Please.
Don't make this a game played just for the mods.

Offline Monjh

• Emperor of the Universe
  • Neonate
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying I can be lying
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2021, 03:06:06 am »
If they are restarting from scratch.  Brian Mitsoda has some bad luck.  Back when he worked with Obsidian he wrote for the game Alpha Protocol.  He was unceremoniously let go and all his work on the game was cut.  So I can see Paradox doing the same with Bloodlines 2. 

Honestly? Agree. They refuse to give a straight answer, and a re-start (even if it take 5 years) would be better off given that (imo) abhorent "thinblood powers".

And yeah, yeah, I know I'm the minority here. I don't have the energy to start (another) feuld because someone disagrees with me and think it's their duty to evangelize me (cough, cough, first person vision is for shooting games, not Vampire ones).
Vampires? You are watching too much TV.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2021, 08:27:28 am »
They refuse to give a straight answer, and a re-start (even if it take 5 years) would be better off given that (imo) abhorent "thinblood powers".
I actually disliked the thinblood powers as well. Having just one or as latter suggested all three would make thinbloods much too powerfull!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 08:34:13 am by Wesp5 »

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2021, 08:56:12 am »
Weirdly enough, the more time passes, the less we know about the game, so everything is up in the air right now. I hope the game will be good, but I am not thinking too much about it at the moment. It's hard to care when you know so little and things seem so messy.

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2021, 08:49:55 pm »
Next glassdoor review"Leadership needs to do better
 Jul 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee

Pros

I met some of the kindest, most empathetic people. The actual employees at the ground level are wonderful and inclusive.

Unlimited PTO they actually encourage you to use, and the work-life balance is good.

Cons

Leadership says they back their employees, but when multiple devs were being abused by an external collaborator, leadership took the abuser's side immediately every time. They were willing to throw their employees to the wolves to get their game out the door. The values they talk about so much crumbled when actually put to the test. It's one thing to say you care about employees. It's another to actually show it, even when it's difficult.

Many employees were also left in the dark about the health of the company. They were told things would be totally fine and layoffs wouldn't happen after the sudden end of a project, only to find themselves laid off without warning a few months later. Either leadership lied to everyone's face, or they had such a poor understanding of their own company's future they couldn't even see a couple of months down the road. I can't decide which is worse.

Advice to Management

Actually care about your employees. Be honest to them, even when the answer is "I don't know." Defend and protect them even when it's not easy."
https://www.glassdoor.de/Reviews/Hardsuit-Labs-Reviews-E1030422.htm?countryRedirect=true

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal