Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: HSL is no longer developing Bloodlines 2  (Read 4415 times)

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
Re: HSL is no longer developing Bloodlines 2
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 09:43:37 pm »
Here is the Outstar response.

Keep in mind that she works for Paradox and therefore she can´t fully be trusted in what she is saying.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:53:16 pm by Wilhelm-Streicher »

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Neonate
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2021, 12:39:14 pm »
I am sure she is a very nice person but at the end of the day her job is to shill paradox's products and get people hyped to consume it, she is untrustworthy at best.
This video just reeks of damage control for having stated in the past that she had played the game and said it was going to be great and yet here we are and Paradox can't even push it out of the door to recuperate costs.

Offline page

• Neonate
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2021, 11:42:02 am »
I am sure she is a very nice person but at the end of the day her job is to shill paradox's products and get people hyped to consume it, she is untrustworthy at best.
This video just reeks of damage control for having stated in the past that she had played the game and said it was going to be great and yet here we are and Paradox can't even push it out of the door to recuperate costs.

You sure about the bold part? If it's true - has anyone on YT/Twitter confronted her with it? That's f*ckin Outrageous if true

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 12:45:48 pm »
In the past months some arrogant a**holes contronted her about it without any kind of respect or good manners so now she's on the defensive.
Only because she's part of both the community and of Paradox (or whoever she works for, I don't remember) this doesn't mean is her duty to be a diplomat for both.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Neonate
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2021, 04:18:13 pm »

You sure about the bold part? If it's true - has anyone on YT/Twitter confronted her with it? That's f*ckin Outrageous if true

Here is the link to what I am referring to at 11:50
=716
TBF she is clearly just overexcited and probably is less critical regarding anything bl2 related because of that.

People should be respectful but as the community manager being the diplomat/ambassador is literally her job no?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 04:20:17 pm by Sabbat_stalker »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2021, 05:11:47 pm »
I didn't remembered her job was actually that  :tongue:

I still trust her anyway: one thing is playing an alpha build of a game and seeing the potential, another is actually having the game ready for launch (during a pandemic crisis on top of that).
― me

Offline Pyoro-2

• Fledgling
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2021, 07:48:29 am »
She's doing WoD community stuff, not BL2. Whether that makes a difference, who knows - well, aside from now, since it means she still has that job, whereas if she had been a HSL employee she probably wouldn't  :razz:

Anyway she's a big fan getting to play a game early; and even the alpha footage didn't look that awful. I'm sure she genuinely enjoyed what she got to play, plus there was probably somebody standing next to her going "and we're going to fix this thing and then we're adding that and in the full version you'll be able to do this other thing too" ... I'd have been hyped, too, probably. Easier to stay objective with some distance.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2021, 05:24:49 pm »
She's doing WoD community stuff, not BL2. Whether that makes a difference, who knows - well, aside from now, since it means she still has that job, whereas if she had been a HSL employee she probably wouldn't  :razz:
Outstar was never employed by Hardsuit Labs.  She works for the World of Darkness team and this team belongs to Paradox.
So she is a Paradox employee and for obvious reasons she can´t fully be trusted.
But i want to make this clear this isn´t personal. I think that she is still likeable but like everyone else who is a Paradox employee her comments about Paradox´s product (one is Bloodlines 2) should be taken with a grain of salt.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2021, 04:50:33 pm »
I know this just a Resetera rumour so take it with a grain of salt."For what is worth, one source close to the publisher told me that Paradox itself confirmed that the game is being redone from scratches, nothing of the current writing is being salvaged and they don't expect the new Bloodlines before 2023 (best case scenario)."https://www.resetera.com/threads/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-announced-2020-q2-or-later-ps4-x1-steam-gog-egs-paradox-hardsuit-labs.106909/page-59 

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2021, 04:55:09 pm »
I really doubt that. Absolutely.
― me

• Antediluvian
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2021, 05:02:27 pm »
I really doubt that. Absolutely.
This won´t be the first Mitsoda project which have been redone from scratches.
Don´t get me wrong i also doubt that because i don´t want to believe that everything is useless for the new team. But who knows?

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2021, 05:06:22 pm »
They are already behind schedule. Big time. Unless what HLS did was completely crap they won't scrap their part of the work....
― me

• Antediluvian
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2021, 05:16:06 pm »
Unless what HLS did was completely crap they won't scrap their part of the work....
Maybe it is. I mean maybe it's easier but not cheaper to fix this mess if the new team restarts from scratch.
It would help if we know who the new studio /  team is.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 06:15:30 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2021, 06:18:19 pm »
I mean maybe it's easier but not cheaper to fix this mess if the new team restarts from scratch.
If they do that I can only imagine that there were also artistic differences between what Mitsoda wrote and what Paradox wants. I mean while working on the patch for decades it's obvious that you can easily fix broken maps or even balance gameplay, but what we can't do is rewrite the story and redo the voice-overs. Which according to Outstar if I remember correctly were already done...

• Antediluvian
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2021, 07:46:22 pm »
If they do that I can only imagine that there were also artistic differences between what Mitsoda wrote and what Paradox wants. I mean while working on the patch for decades it's obvious that you can easily fix broken maps or even balance gameplay, but what we can't do is rewrite the story and redo the voice-overs. Which according to Outstar if I remember correctly were already done...
Who knows at this point? Maybe Paraox want to have the dialogues more mainstream / popculture or the new team who isn´t a B or C Team really wants to make their own game.
It's not unlikely. How many times have Dead Island 2 or even Duke Nukem Forever been rebooted?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 09:42:48 pm by Wesp5 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal