Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Even Paradox customer support about this game is... Quitting  (Read 943 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Even Paradox customer support about this game is... Quitting
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 09:11:08 am »
They are a clan of assassins from the middle east. Their clan curse in older version was that every year their skin would get darker. If they lived long enough, their skin would become black like obsidian.
So what would be the problem with that? A lot of African people have very dark skin and are probably proud of it. They are not US citizens where they could be killed just because of it...

Offline Vinland

• Fledgling
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 10:55:48 am »
They are a clan of assassins from the middle east. Their clan curse in older version was that every year their skin would get darker. If they lived long enough, their skin would become black like obsidian.
So what would be the problem with that? A lot of African people have very dark skin and are probably proud of it. They are not US citizens where they could be killed just because of it...
Non-black people changing themselves to become black people is synonymous with a form of racist mockery commonly known as blackface: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface

People get into trouble for doing anything related to this accidentally. Doing it on purpose would be a career-destroying move. Who would ever work with a company like that? There's nothing to gain from it. Just lots to lose. Purging all signs of blackface from a revised edition is a really common sense business move.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2021, 11:48:14 am »
Purging all signs of blackface from a revised edition is a really common sense business move.
Weird enough, as far as I know most WoD players still like the V20 more than the V5. Also what about the sexual predator aspect of vampires? Has that been removed as well? It can't be political correct nowadays to drink anybodys blood without consent, no?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:52:41 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Vinland

• Fledgling
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 04:14:02 pm »
Purging all signs of blackface from a revised edition is a really common sense business move.
Weird enough, as far as I know most WoD players still like the V20 more than the V5. Also what about the sexual predator aspect of vampires? Has that been removed as well? It can't be political correct nowadays to drink anybodys blood without consent, no?

You've definitely caught them in a bit of a contradiction. Vampire literature, in general, is a big analogue for rape. Dracula was a novel about an Eastern European guy preying on white women from Western Europe. If you scrub the rapey aspect you don't have vampires anymore. I suppose the difference here would be that society will ruin your life over blackface but it doesn't yet care about biting people on the neck. You do whatever you can get away with.

Offline Monjh

• Emperor of the Universe
  • Neonate
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying I can be lying
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2021, 06:38:50 pm »
If they made an official statement to shareholders saying that the game is still in development (and they did), then there's no reason to not believe them. Intentionally misleading shareholders is a felony better known by the name of securities fraud.

Anyone remembers Cyberpunk (just to name the most famous)? You can argue that they didn't lie PER SE, but they did omit information that led to a lot of backlash.
Vampires? You are watching too much TV.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal