Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Don´t expect any news 2021  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
Don´t expect any news 2021
« on: February 23, 2021, 03:36:05 pm »
This is just a small reminder for those folks over the coming months who are asking when we get some news in 2021. After recent news aka switching the dev studio and of course the pandemic / homeoffice it's highly unlikely that we will hear much or anything about Bloodlines 2 in 2021.
My current guess is that the new team reveals this game at E3 2022 or at the Paradox E3 2022 Show.
And maybe if we are lucky we get a winter / christmas release (the time which Bloodlines 2 takes place) in 2022.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:50:55 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Pyoro-2

• Fledgling
Re: Don´t expect any news 2021
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 05:18:27 pm »
PDX has turned the forums read-only but even after a recent forums update they didn't make the BL2 forums any less prominent. As long as it stays where it is I'd assume that they don't just leave it top of their community for 12 months locked up. And if they do open it again that's because there's some news to discuss.

So I'd personally suspect that there'll be an announcement on the new devs this year at the least.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 06:59:33 pm »
PDX has turned the forums read-only but even after a recent forums update they didn't make the BL2 forums any less prominent. As long as it stays where it is I'd assume that they don't just leave it top of their community for 12 months locked up. And if they do open it again that's because there's some news to discuss.
I still think that closing the official Bl2 forum (yeah, its just read only) is a terrible idea. I can understand they hope that people will forget what happened and that they can restart their whole marketing for Bloodlines 2. Sorry Paradox, this doesn´t work that way.
I mean even if I want to talk positive stuff about Bloodlines 2 or hell, even this dev change could be viewed as a good thing.
So I'd personally suspect that there'll be an announcement on the new devs this year at the least.
Possible, but right now they clearly don´t want to talk about Bloodlines 2. E3 2021 / Paradox E3 show seems to be too early. but for the next virtual PDXCON in late 2021 maybe.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 07:32:49 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Pyoro-2

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 03:28:41 pm »
If their own plan was a reset / "hope people forget" surely they'd just have deleted their forums and start a new one later ...

Also, keep in mind, PDX is publicly traded*. Investors will want to know who develops BL2, and there are rules about what they have to report. I won't pretend I'm an expert on that stuff, but there's a reason why for example the last news we had (before the dev team switch) was from an investor talk; this stuff gets around, too. So it's imo very likely that we'll soon-ish know who the devs are.

*incidentally it's stock crashed quite a bit on the 22nd/23rd of February, now why would that be? ;) Anyway, if they can, they'll want to "fix" that - they of course have other projects they can use, but a "BL2 is developed by XY and will be out by Z" is still what people will want to know ...

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Neonate
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 12:46:45 pm »
It depends how much of the work they can salvage from hardsuit labs, but I can't imagine anything coming out until atleast 2023.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 09:20:52 pm »
It depends how much of the work they can salvage from hardsuit labs, but I can't imagine anything coming out until atleast 2023.
2023?!? Sorry, but with this release year the new studio can also scrap everything and make a completely new game.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 01:38:06 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Neonate
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 12:30:23 pm »
You say that like it is a bad thing  :vampwink: . The reason why I suspect it will take this long is because Paradox need to first find a dev team, then the new team needs to get familiar with the current assets and engine (It can be very hard to figure out someone else's code) and lets not forget covid is still a factor.

Unrelated but do we know for a fact that hardsuit lab has made a custom engine or did they license one out?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 01:39:54 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 01:39:15 pm »
Unrelated but do we know for a fact that hardsuit lab has made a custom engine or did they license one out?
As far as I know Bloodlines was always supposed to run on a regular Unreal 4 engine.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal