Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 also gets delayed. Problem for Bloodlines 2?  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 also gets delayed. Problem for Bloodlines 2?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 02:32:48 PM »
@MooCha: Can you please take a look at the thread below and maybe help out with some of your model magic :)?

https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-tech-support/model-request-to-ddlullu-and-others!/30/#lastPost

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2020, 05:34:05 PM »
Cyberpunk 2077 gets delayed again. It´s now November 19th.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1273647385294626816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1273647385294626816&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231273647385294626816

Is this a problem for Bloodlines 2? Maybe but i believe that Bloodlines should also be delayed to 2021.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2020, 07:03:26 PM »
I believe that Bloodlines should also be delayed to 2021.

I have faith that Bloodlines 2 will be a great game... but this is bullshit.

The first one had to compete with Half-Life 2 and the second now has to compete with Cyberpunk 2077 ? Fuck the universe. Announce the delay Paradox.
And also give me more time to scrounge up some money for a new pc :rofl:

• Methuselah
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 07:15:45 PM »
Announce the delay Paradox.
Maybe it would help if they cancel the PS4 and Xbox One Ports and focus only on PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X (I always hate to write this stupid name)
And also it would be nice if they use the extra time besides polishing the game to adding things like the playable Nosferatu.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2020, 07:43:51 PM »
Maybe it would help if they cancel the PS4 and Xbox One Ports and focus only on PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X (I always hate to write this stupid name)
This would be stupid, as the player base using PS4 and Xbox One is much larger and will probably stay that way for a time! Also I read that the PS5 will be backwards compatible to the PS4 so there shouldn't be a problem with this at least...

• Methuselah
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2020, 08:38:58 PM »
This would be stupid, as the player base using PS4 and Xbox One is much larger and will probably stay that way for a time! Also I read that the PS5 will be backwards compatible to the PS4 so there shouldn't be a problem with this at least...
If the ports are bad (i escecially don´t except much from from the basic Xbox One) when i don´t think that PS4 and Xbox One userbase would buy it.
It reminds of the time when we have still PS3 and some Xbox 360 Ports in the first year. They make financial sense of course but in hindsightmany devs like Bioware regarding the PS3 and Xbox 360 port of Dragon Age Inquisition was a mistake.
So if Bloodlines 2 can´t really run on basic PS4 and Xbox One should it be released for it? Just to make a few more bucks?They can do that but for Paradox overall big plans for the World of Darkness games it´s not helpful to have bad reviews for the last gen ports.

To be honest this discussion is at this state of development very likely to be pointless because they invested to much resources in this already.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2020, 08:41:34 PM »

How sure are we of this ? With every day that passes more people move towards PC.

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2020, 10:02:05 AM »

How sure are we of this ? With every day that passes more people move towards PC.
There are a few games which are huge on PC (sometimes, they are also exclusive to the PC, due to their interface pretty much requiring mouse and keyboard), but the vast majority of multi-platform games sells better on consoles. The Current gen (soon to be last gen) of consoles is too big of a market to ignore. Also, they are mature platforms, which are the easiest and cheapest to develop for. Since we are all fans of the first Bloodlines (which was PC only), our numbers are skewed, but "core gaming" happens on consoles for the majority of players (although the PC market is doing well, certainly better than 10-15 years ago).

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2020, 01:11:02 AM »
Yeah, I can say with certainty that consoles are a substantially bigger market. And while there's new PC gamers all the time, the trend overall favors consoles, mainly because of a lower hardware barrier to entry. That's  often an inconvenience to PC gamers but hey, we learned to deal with it for the most part.

I expect Bloodlines to be delayed to 2021 personally. There's no way they're close to ready with how little they're willing to share. And since we dont want Bloodlines 2 to be direly unfinished and lack official post-launch support - might as well not wish to see it rushed.

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2020, 07:56:56 AM »
Yeah, I can say with certainty that consoles are a substantially bigger market. And while there's new PC gamers all the time, the trend overall favors consoles, mainly because of a lower hardware barrier to entry. That's  often an inconvenience to PC gamers but hey, we learned to deal with it for the most part.

I expect Bloodlines to be delayed to 2021 personally. There's no way they're close to ready with how little they're willing to share. And since we dont want Bloodlines 2 to be direly unfinished and lack official post-launch support - might as well not wish to see it rushed.
I just hope they aren't that far behind. I mean, the game was delayed once already, and while the global situation certainly didn't help, I'd be quite surprised to hear they need to push it back significantly (unless they are having bad technical hurdles). Plus, they did unveil the limited edition already, that has to mean things are gearing up toward the release, right?

• Methuselah
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2020, 08:12:26 PM »
So after the newest Cyberpunk Gameplay videos and previews i must say that Bloodlines 2 should be 2021 game.I don´t think Hardsuit Labs is ready to release Bloodlines 2 before Cyberpunk therefore it has to release 2021.
Or they really want to release it around Christmas.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2020, 09:31:48 PM »
So after the newest Cyberpunk Gameplay videos and previews i must say that Bloodlines 2 should be 2021 game.I don´t think Hardsuit Labs is ready to release Bloodlines 2 before Cyberpunk therefore it has to release 2021.Or they really want to release it around Christmas.
You're arriving a bit late to this party Wilhelm :rofl:

Cyberpunk 2077 was looking more than crazy when they released that early gameplay video. No one should have to compete with that.

• Methuselah
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2020, 09:46:50 PM »
You're arriving a bit late to this party Wilhelm :rofl:
It was just yesterday and lets not forget sometimes you haven´t got the time because work, family or other stuff.  :razz:
Cyberpunk 2077 was looking more than crazy when they released that early gameplay video. No one should have to compete with that.
If we live in a perfect world they won´t be a need that both titles have to complete with each other.Just buy and play them both. The only problem is time and for some money.
Maybe they could do a crossover promotion for their titles. If you preorder/buy Cyberpunk you get this cool item in Bloodlines 2 andif you preorder/buy Bloodlines 2 you get a Cyberpunk exclusive item. So everyone is winning.
Crossover promotions aren´t common but CDPR and Paradox have a good  business relationships so why not?
But i am well aware that this won´t happen and that many players would label Bloodlines 2 as a bad gamebecause it can´t possible even compete with Cyberpunk.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2020, 10:25:11 PM »
But i am well aware that this won´t happen and that many players would label Bloodlines 2 as a bad gamebecause it can´t possible even compete with Cyberpunk.

That's a bit what I want to avoid as well. I'd like the game to able to stand on it's own and allow us and everyone else to usher in a new age of World of Darkness games... of which there can be countless. It seems unlikely to happen though if the entirety of the attention completely falls on Cyberpunk 2077.

The other possibility... is that Cyberpunk 2077 sucks !

It's pretty unlikely though. I can't imagine those guys making anything even near bad with the kind of game Witcher 3 was.

• Methuselah
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2020, 10:55:47 PM »
The other possibility... is that Cyberpunk 2077 sucks !
Almost impossible. It´s more likely that Bloodlines 2 sucks because Hardsuit Labs (the former Zombie Studios)
haven´t done anything in the past which was good. Maybe mediocre at best.But i hope Bloodlines 2 is a passion project for everyone involved and with the help of Brian Mitsoda, Rik Schaffer and his wife Margaret Tangthey will make a worthy sequel to Bloodlines 1.
Also if Bloodlines 2 really sucks well then i bet that almost nobody would care about the other coming World of Darkness games.So Bloodlines 2 has to be a good game.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal