* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 also gets delayed. Problem for Bloodlines 2?  (Read 2187 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
Cyberpunk 2077 also gets delayed. Problem for Bloodlines 2?
« on: January 16, 2020, 06:08:14 pm »
So unfortunately Cyberpunk 2077 also gets delayed.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOa2ITXW4AAbcag.png:large

It is good for Cyberpunk 2077 itself but for Bloodlines 2 could this a bad thing because the new release is September 17 2020.
Damn i really hope Bloodlines 2 had a safe release in Fall 2020.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 also gets delayed. Problem for Bloodlines 2?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 06:11:36 pm »
I can hardly think it would hurt BL2 unless it came out on the exact same day. What a SHIT luck this franchise would have in that case.

• Methuselah
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 06:16:09 pm »
I can hardly think it would hurt BL2 unless it came out on the exact same day. What a SHIT luck this franchise would have in that case.
Both are similar games with big world which also shared almost the same audience. Bloodlines 2 of course much much lesser.
I don´t think this good news for Bloodlines 2. Most people will prefer Cyberpunk over Bloodlines 2 and this could really hurt the game.
I know the Bloodlines 2 has good preorder numbers but its dumb to compete directly in a same release frame with this monster.

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 03:14:30 am »
Both are similar games with big world which also shared almost the same audience. Bloodlines 2 of course much much lesser.
I don´t think this good news for Bloodlines 2. Most people will prefer Cyberpunk over Bloodlines 2 and this could really hurt the game.
I know the Bloodlines 2 has good preorder numbers but its dumb to compete directly in a same release frame with this monster.

People will finish Cyberpunk and need other games to play. But, I do see Cyberpunk being one of the best games ever to be released. I see it being on another level completely. 

BL2 on Steam Xmas sales might do it good.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 03:17:34 am by MooCHa »
Regards...

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 12:41:12 pm »
People will finish Cyberpunk and need other games to play. But, I do see Cyberpunk being one of the best games ever to be released. I see it being on another level completely.

It looks cool but let's try to keep it skeptic. The hype is too unreal as well.

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 05:31:02 pm »
That's the thing. It is over hyped. However, I don't see it falling on its behind. This is where they get to show they aren't a one trick Pony with awards that will come this games way. A lot of people will buy it just because of The Witcher 3.

It is certainly better to be over hyped than over looked for most part like BL2. I rarely look for anything Cyberpunk related and it always end up in my face. BL2, I mostly see here.

I won't be rushing out to get Cyberpunk. The only game that I will pre order this year is Resident Evil 3 and that is a week or less before it releases and that is to make sure it isn't pushed back and I want my Jill Classic Costume Pack :)
Regards...

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 05:52:51 pm »
It is certainly better to be over hyped than over looked for most part like BL2. I rarely look for anything Cyberpunk related and it always end up in my face. BL2, I mostly see here.

If you're on the business-end of it, then sure. As the audience however, I'd rather keep my expectations slightly limited in case it turns out to suck (highly unlikely of course).

• Methuselah
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 06:01:14 pm »
The question is when?
I have the money to buy severall games in the month but some people have only the money for one game. But my real problem is time. I don´t have the time to play all of these games.
And all of these games releasing during the same time frame well this a problem for an underdog like Bloodlines 2. I would prefer we don´t have choose between Bloodlines 2 and Cyberpunk when they have a close release. Also i like to focus at one game per time.

For costumers this is really a good thing but don´t you think that they want to sale the game fullprice for at least 1-2 months?
I assume if Cyperpunk is close to Bloodlines 2 release a lot of people would say: "I play Cyberpunk first and after i complete this we already a Bloodlines 2 sale.
Maybe just the half or quarter of Bloodlines 2 fullprice.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 06:13:02 pm »
The question is when? I have the money to buy severall games in the month but some people have only the money for one game. But my real problem is time. I don´t have the time to play all of these games. And all of these games releasing during the same time frame well this a problem for an underdog like Bloodlines 2. I would prefer we don´t have choose between Bloodlines 2 and Cyberpunk when they have a close release. Also i like to focus at one game per time.

I think a month of difference would make for the most prudent solution. October would probably be the best month. Not too close to Cyberpunk 2077 but neither to the Winter Sales. Gives it enough time to make solid revenue before the sales.

Marked as best answer by Wilhelm-Streicher on January 17, 2020, 08:40:33 pm

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 06:34:24 pm »
I think a month of difference would make for the most prudent solution.

I think BL2 should come out on Halloween! I would be a perfect fit and would be enough time away from CP2077...

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 06:38:21 pm »
The question is when?
I have the money to buy severall games in the month but some people have only the money for one game. But my real problem is time. I don´t have the time to play all of these games.
And all of these games releasing during the same time frame well this a problem for an underdog like Bloodlines 2. I would prefer we don´t have choose between Bloodlines 2 and Cyberpunk when they have a close release. Also i like to focus at one game per time.

For costumers this is really a good thing but don´t you think that they want to sale the game fullprice for at least 1-2 months?
I assume if Cyperpunk is close to Bloodlines 2 release a lot of people would say: "I play Cyberpunk first and after i complete this we already a Bloodlines 2 sale.
Maybe just the half or quarter of Bloodlines 2 fullprice.

I agree with what you're saying. A lot of people are in the same boat where they have to be selective on what games they play due to time restraints and money.

Any company will want the full price for there product. But, many people will treat a lot of games in I will get it at the sales. That's the reality. I do it. Will I do it with BL2 I have no idea. They do have the option not to put it on to much of a sale or sale at all if it is released nearer to Xmas.
Regards...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 06:44:04 pm »
They do have the option not to put it on to much of a sale or sale at all if it is released nearer to Xmas.

The game itself plays around Christmas, so they could release it then full prize if they want!

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 06:56:16 pm »
They do have the option not to put it on to much of a sale or sale at all if it is released nearer to Xmas.

The game itself plays around Christmas, so they could release it then full prize if they want!

I don't think it should go on sale if only out a month or 2 before Xmas. However, 10% off for 2 weeks on steam etc could shift a good few copies of the game that wouldn't sell at full price.

The thing is with a full price at Xmas release is  people can get multiple games for the cost of one is an issue. RE3 will be on sale and other titles by that time. The cold hard truth is no matter when they release. There will always be competition in one form or another.

I think they should just get the game right and release it. The stuff we speak of will exist regardless.
Regards...

• Methuselah
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2020, 08:57:06 pm »
I think BL2 should come out on Halloween! I would be a perfect fit and would be enough time away from CP2077...
First i wanted to disagree but the more i am thinking about this you are right. Around Halloween is the best release time for Bloodlines 2 right now after the CP2077 delay.
I don´t think that the new consoles hurt, only if Bloodlines 2 sold more units on the consoles than PC could be that more problematic than CP2077.

Sommer 2020 isn´t the right time for an RPG like Bloodlines 2.
September 2020 even at the beginning of the month would be stupid because of the CP2077 marketing and hype.
October 2020  particularly Halloween would be perfect, most people will likely have finished CP2077 and therefore are hungry for more content. So it's the perfect time for a similar game.
Also Halloween and Vampires well (um es mal auf Deutsch sagen. Das passt wie Arsch auf Eimer) i don´t think there is any other day in the year where a Vampire game makes more sense.

The only downside could be if the new Bethesda IP Starfield is also released late October to the middle of November but i doubt that Bethesda will release Starfield this year.
Also Bethesda isn´t the big and trusted Publisher and developer anymore so i doubt that Starfield could harm Bloodlines 2.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 10:37:19 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2020, 11:54:10 pm »
Halloween is a pretty nice date of release !

It fits the theme and it's far enough from any sale that might hurt the revenue stream for Paradox and co. Very nice.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal