Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Cara Ellison also fired?  (Read 911 times)

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
Re: Cara Ellison also fired?
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2020, 10:59:46 pm »
Or they are and the person writing the assessment has a differing opinion. We won't know how Bloodlines 2 is until it's out, and we may be pleasantly surprised. I'm not super optimistic, but I hope it'll be fun.
Well you are still an optimistic. I have the feeling after all what happen that this maybe at best a 60-70% rated game if the Story from Mitsoda and Ellison is almost finished but i won´t count on that. No, i think that we have a great disappointment to look forward with this title. Of course i could be wrong but i really doubt that.
Honestly, I expect a disappointment. I just hope I won't get one, lol.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 08:38:06 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2020, 07:20:59 pm »
I liked Outstar because i don´t trust her on this one.

Maybe the part of Mandryka is true but i don´t believe her for any second for Cara Ellison. Why?
If Cara Ellison really want to do something different and her work is done why did she went silent and don´t have mention anything like "I am going to leave the Bloodlines 2 team but everything is fine" or something like that.
Also Outstar works for Paradox so in my opinion she couldn´t be fully trusted. This looks like damage control.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 08:40:45 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2020, 10:51:41 pm »
I liked Outstar because i don´t trust her on this one.

Maybe the part of Mandryka is true but i don´t believe her for any second for Cara Ellison. Why?
If Cara Ellison really want to do something different and her work is done why did she went silent and don´t have mention anything like "I am going to leave the Bloodlines 2 team but everything is fine" or something like that.
Also Outstar works for Paradox so in my opinion she couldn´t be fully trusted. This looks like damage control.
Do most game development employees who quit their jobs and aren't pissed off at their employer post that they quit on social media? I've only heard of the opposite...
Edit: Thank you for sharing this, though. I used to trust Outstar before she was hired by Paradox, but since I don't know her personally, I have no way of knowing if she's being truthful or if she's saying what Paradox is ordering her to say. I'd like to believe she's being honest, but the proof is in the pudding. Part of me dreads that the game will suck, but another part of me hopes it's phenomenal and just took a long-ass time to put out. After all Bloodlines 1 desperately needed more time "in the oven."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 11:10:08 pm by DarkProphet »

• Antediluvian
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2020, 09:09:07 am »
Do most game development employees who quit their jobs and aren't pissed off at their employer post that they quit on social media? I've only heard of the opposite...
Well it depends on the person himself / herself of course but i would say more yes and no. Here for example a departure from a Bioware producer.

https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/1162585550273912832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1162585550273912832%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3%2Ccontainerclick_0&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buffed.de%2FDragon-Age-4-Spiel-60983%2FNews%2FLead-Producer-Fernando-Melo-verlaesst-Bioware-1326368%2F
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:50:11 am by Wesp5 »

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2020, 01:30:32 pm »
Well it depends on the person himself / herself of course but i would say more yes and no. Here for example a departure from a Bioware producer.

https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/1162585550273912832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1162585550273912832%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3%2Ccontainerclick_0&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buffed.de%2FDragon-Age-4-Spiel-60983%2FNews%2FLead-Producer-Fernando-Melo-verlaesst-Bioware-1326368%2F
Yeah, that dude seems pretty sincere in his post. Looks like he'll miss it. I don't know if Cara Ellison is a sentimental person, though. Has she quit any businesses before and been very open about it without throwing shade?

• Antediluvian
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2020, 07:08:06 pm »
Has she quit any businesses before and been very open about it without throwing shade?
I don´t know but i find it strange that she doesn´t mention anything about Bloodlines 2 in her tweets.
Of course it's because of the NDA but there isn´t even some like this: "Well, i left Hardsuit Labs for reasons i can´t talk about but i am still proud that i was part of this (amazing) team." Nothing.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:01:31 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2020, 08:01:47 pm »
Has she quit any businesses before and been very open about it without throwing shade?
I don´t know but i find it strange that she doesn´t mention anything about Bloodlines 2 in her tweets.
Of course it's because of the NDA but there isn´t even some like this: "Well i left Hardsuit Labs for reasons i can´t talk about but i am still proud that i was part of this (amazing) team." Nothing.

Ha, yeah she may have hated everyone or vice versa, or any number of things could have went down. I wish the dang game would come out so we could see if it sucks, or if it's awesome, or if it's just okay but a letdown. Mind you, I'm okay with them taking however long it takes that won't tank the company. After all, we've got Cyberpunk 2077 coming late next month, baby!  :rock:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:02:24 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2020, 08:08:31 pm »
Of course it's because of the NDA but there isn´t even some like this: "Well, i left Hardsuit Labs for reasons i can´t talk about but i am still proud that i was part of this (amazing) team. Nothing.
NDA's are absolutely thorough these days then :rofl:

I wonder if Brian or K'ai signed NDAs as well. Maybe they did when they started working for Paradox. they've both been way too silent as well, if we're speaking frankly.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:03:04 pm by Wesp5 »

• Antediluvian
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2020, 08:42:45 pm »
I wonder if Brian or K'ai signed NDAs as well. Maybe they did when they started working for Paradox. they've both been way too silent as well, if we're speaking frankly.
Who knows. But Brian still has made his own statement on Rocket Paper Shotgun.
And correction: both of them weren´t really employed by Paradox. Yes, Paradox owns a 33% minority stake in Hardsuit Labs and they were the Publisher and therefore the moneygiver of this project but Cluney, Mitsoda and Ellison have worked for Hardsuit Labs.
By the way Bloodlines 2 twitter has posted this recently:
"The organizational changes and restructuring of folks on the project have nothing to do with microtransactions."https://twitter.com/VtM_Bloodlines/status/1318615711883952134
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:04:00 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2020, 10:05:46 pm »
Speaking of NDAs, I'm sure she had to sign something to not talk about what went on behind the scenes, but I don't think a NDA can prevent somebody to mention having been on a project if everybody already knew that, like with her. So why did she remove all B2 connections? I imagine that she was already pissed when they fired Mitsoda...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:10:00 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2020, 12:08:59 pm »
At this point I don't know what to think of anything. I was confident she would have stayed on, since after a month from Brian's firing she was still around, but maybe she was just waiting for a good opportunity to leave or had some other reason to leave which came up recently (since she seems to have left of her own volition).

What most people said about most of the writing for the main game likely being complete is still true, although I still presume some changes will be made to the story (I can't shake the belief that they fired Brian for narrative-related reasons, at the end of the day, and with the delays they should have enough time to make the changes, if they want to).
Anyway, it feels tiresome to even speculate about the development or the game itself at this point. I just hope the game is good, and if it's going in a nice direction, I wish we'll get more sneak peeks and whatnot, to make me feel more at ease about it.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2020, 08:05:02 pm »
I too hope the game will be good.  But boy is the Bloodlines name cursed.  The first game had problems with development and meeting the deadline and now the sequel is in the same boat.  Like I said before too bad Obsidian is not working with Paradox anymore.  They have experience creating rpg's.  I read either here or somewhere else that this is Hardsuit Labs first rpg?
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2020, 08:12:44 pm »
I too hope the game will be good.  But boy is the Bloodlines name cursed.  The first game had problems with development and meeting the deadline and now the sequel is in the same boat.  Like I said before too bad Obsidian is not working with Paradox anymore.  They have experience creating rpg's.  I read either here or somewhere else that this is Hardsuit Labs first rpg?
Pretty much. They don't even have any good games under their belt, as far as I know. Ironically, the main reason they got the opportunity to work on Bloodlines 2 is because of Mitsoda, which makes the circumstances all the more absurd.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2020, 08:25:41 pm »
I read either here or somewhere else that this is Hardsuit Labs first rpg?
Yes even as former Zombie Studios they weren´t known for RPGs so its pretty absurd that they fired the two guys with RPG experiences. Of course i am talking about Mitsoda and Cluney. Maybe they have more people with that like the newest hiring Kevin Maloney but we don´t know. https://twitter.com/kmoney380/status/1319405314081345536
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 10:12:11 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2020, 09:07:36 pm »
If that's the case I as Paradox would have offered Obsidian more than Micro$oft to keep them on board.  Well I am not going to panic I will just wait and see.
Vae Victus! -Kain

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal