Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines 2 Links  (Read 20695 times)

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
Re: Bloodlines 2 Links
« Reply #405 on: November 15, 2019, 11:12:53 PM »
I think the list of dumb questions Cara Ellison asked Mitsoda was pretty great, at least.

I like the comparison between Bloodlines, Mass Effect and The Witcher even better :)!

Thank you for posting this, Wesp. I hadn't seen that pic before. Pretty fun.

Offline EeeKitties

• Nyanpire
  • Fledgling
    • UP Guide
« Reply #406 on: December 15, 2019, 04:16:24 PM »
New ARG revealed after Outstar's charity stream! :vampsmile:

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #407 on: April 16, 2020, 12:55:27 AM »

Hey y'all! Pretty big Bloodlines 2 news; at least in my opinion. You know the Thinblood Disciplines you pick from at the start of the game (bats, mist, or telekinesis)? Well, the devs have officially announced that we get ALL THREE of the traversal versions of these Disciplines, no matter which one we pick! Here is the proof in this article: https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/dev-diary-10-these-past-months-were-about-side-quests-and-traversal

Sure, it would OP as all hell in an actual pen and paper game, but quite frankly, the dichotomy of choosing a Thinblood power both for traversal and combat would cause a lot of us to never try certain Thinblood Disciplines more than once. Anywho, I thought y'all might be interested by this news.  :laugh:

Offline Candy Narwhal

• Neonate
« Reply #408 on: April 17, 2020, 03:36:09 AM »
I'm glad they decided to give us access to all the Thinblood disciplines for traversal, making the specific choice more of a combat specialization.

Sure, this arguably removes some of the replay value - but let's be honest, we're still going to be replaying the game a million times over...

Like the dev diary says too, this approach lets them integrate discipline usage in a much more organic way, instead of giving us choke points where you have a redundant choice of one path only, depending on which discipline you took at character creation. That's something I was actually worried about, watching some of the footage from last year.

I really can't wait for this game, good grief...

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #409 on: April 17, 2020, 04:18:56 AM »

Yeah, Narwhal, one traversal option likely gets you to the most quest goals, loot, paths, etc., and that means most everyone would be forced to either pick that Thinblood Discipline or deliberately gimp him-/herself.

By instead having the combat aspects be the thing you focus on with a Thinblood Discipline choice, players can just pay attention to matching what they believe is the best one for their particular clan and/or playstyle. For instance, Nebulation looks best for stealthy characters, while Mentalism looks best for ranged characters (stealing guns and lifting enemies to easily shoot them suspended mid-air), and Chiropteran looks like it might be nice for melee since the bats hurt enemies in a radius around you and deflect incoming damage, etc.

Also, anyone who might "naysay" this decision might want to take into consideration Bloodlines 1's Disciplines. In the pen and paper TTRPG, you do NOT get the first dot in all three Disciplines for free at character creation, so having access to all three first-tier Disciplines at all in Bloodlines 1 was pretty friggin' powerful compared to the tabletop/more "canonical" way of handling things.

Offline edx

• Fledgling
« Reply #410 on: May 07, 2020, 04:26:21 PM »
New Trailer

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #411 on: May 07, 2020, 05:17:36 PM »
Great new stuff, I mean a new trailer. It looks better but with the confirmation of PS5 and Xbox Series ports and Corona of course I don´t believe that this game will be out this year.

Maybe if we are really lucky it's the rumored Christmas date but right now I doubt that.
In my opinion they should scrap the PS4 and Xbox versions and focus only on PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:32:20 PM by Wesp5 »

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #412 on: May 07, 2020, 05:33:26 PM »
"Come Dance on Your Grave"... maybe not the best tagline in the middle of a health crisis  :rofl:

Great trailer nonetheless, one made with actual gameplay COFF COFF ASSASSIN'S CREED COFF COFF

I do wonder if there's a special meaning regarding the little dance at the end. Maybe it's just the theme of the trailer but it made me think more about "Butcher Malk" (that's what I'll call him now at least).

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #413 on: May 07, 2020, 05:54:08 PM »
Duuuuuuude. I loved that trailer. So much cool and entertaining stuff. :D

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #414 on: May 08, 2020, 03:34:56 PM »
I like Mr. Damp and his 'puppets' - deliciously creepy. Andrei approves.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #415 on: May 08, 2020, 08:00:49 PM »

What blows my mind is how many people are commenting on the trailer that the graphics look too dated...and that's the only thing they have to say. That's a fair assessment, but that's the thing I thought the least about during the trailer...except maybe corndogs. I guess some people decide whether they like games or not more by the graphics than by things like story, characters, and the world. I'll never understand it. Just go outside if you want to see modern day cities looking real...

The only time I will pan a game outright due to graphics is something like the original Final Fantasy VII. That game is just fugly as all hell, except in the rare few "movie" parts, and those are just passable. I cannot stand those low polygon models. FFVIII onward looked fine, but oh my gosh, FFVII's character models when running around made me shudder and cringe. I beat the game one time, and that was more than enough.

But I digress.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #416 on: May 08, 2020, 08:16:06 PM »
What blows my mind is how many people are commenting on the trailer that the graphics look too dated...and that's the only thing they have to say. That's a fair assessment, but that's the thing I thought the least about during the trailer...except maybe corndogs.
I completely agree. Especially as before this trailer was out, most negative comments were claiming that the game would be too woke! Which is the one thing this trailer pretty much destroyed for me ;). It seems as if some people just always want to criticize something...

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #417 on: May 08, 2020, 08:41:44 PM »

What blows my mind is how many people are commenting on the trailer that the graphics look too dated...and that's the only thing they have to say. That's a fair assessment, but that's the thing I thought the least about during the trailer...except maybe corndogs. I guess some people decide whether they like games or not more by the graphics than by things like story, characters, and the world. I'll never understand it. Just go outside if you want to see modern day cities looking real...
Many people praise the atmosphere and the environment design but you have to unterstand that for many this their first look at Bloodlines 2.They don´t know about this game, its developers or its budget. They should judge what they see. And sorry this isn´t really a story trailer.
An atmosphere trailer which shows of course the games graphics.

Last but not least yeah it was graphic first for some. Why else do have the gamer term graphic whore?

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #418 on: May 09, 2020, 05:01:33 AM »

Yeah, I suppose those're good points, Wilhelm. Hopefully those folks give the game a chance A) because they might love it, and B) because I want this to make a buncha money so I get more WoD games along these lines.  :vampsmile:

Wesp, I'm not convinced that the game won't shoot for lots of wokeness. I'm quite wary. They put up lots of red flags in the original interviews. Unless they were just bullshitting, there's plenty to keep an eye out for. Then again, they might be bullshitting just to make the media all excited. After all, they talked about how they want to respect the mentally ill, and here we have a Malkavian dancing around corpses he's strung up like puppets. I have no problems with it, but I could see some people getting butthurt about it.

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Ancillus
« Reply #419 on: May 09, 2020, 06:52:34 AM »
Okay I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous... what the actual fuck do y'all mean by "wokeness"? What is it you're afraid of? Two women kissing? A trans man making an appearance? You getting to pick your character's pronouns (because somehow more choice is a bad thing now)?

Please stop with that bullshit. Because let's be clear, here... it is bullshit. Pure, unfiltered, uncut, uncontaminated bullshit, of the most... fragrant... variety.

If the ability to pick your players' pronouns is such a fucking sin to you, maybe just don't play... and go away.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal