Author Topic: Bloodlines 2 Links  (Read 8673 times)

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
Re: Bloodlines 2 Links
« Reply #345 on: July 02, 2019, 02:53:18 AM »
While I have no problems with first person, I agree, that if the Gangrels make an appearance, there should be an option for third person then, for the protean discipline

I suspect it might be something similar to how Bethesda handles werewolves and vampire lords in Skyrim.  When the change occurs, the game puts you in third person mode so you can see the creature you have become.

That is not a bad idea. I'm not that far into Skyrim, that I encountered vampires or werewolves or was able to become one. My protagonist gets beaten up by Frostspiders atm, so very far from fighting a vampire :)
But I like the idea. And hopefully, the protean form is really cool, I didn't really like it in Bloodlines.

Regarding Skyrim and without spoilers, there are two ways in which the PC can become a vampire.  By accident, upon contracting the disease "Sanguinare Vampiris" and..well, I will let you discover the second way through your own gameplay or research. 

I have to say that Elder Scrolls vampires, unmodded, are my least favorite vampires to play (although Dawnguard did make them a lot more fun to play).  In Morrowind I always used the Vampire Embrace mod, in Oblivion I barely ever bothered and in Skyrim, even with Dawnguard installed, "Better Vampires" by Brehanin is absolutely indispensable, in my opinion.  Being a vampire becomes an absolute joy and it also becomes my favorite state to be in while playing Skyrim. 

I'm not sure which version you are playing, Classic Skyrim or Special Edition, so here are links to both versions of the mod in case you might want to use it: 

Classic Skyrim
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9717

Skyrim SE
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1925/

But to get back on topic, I agree about the Protean.  I also hope that the model they use is much more badass than last time.  Although I did kind of like that it was some kind of bat creature.  I just wish they would have implemented that concept better.

I think it's Classic. BUt I'm far from the vampires, as I said, I'm striggeling with Frostspiders and they are among the easier enemies (well, maybe not that really big one in that one cave)

You're probably very far from the Dawnguard DLC kicking in, true.  But that doesn't mean you won't stumble into a situation where you catch  Sanguinare Vampiris.  That can potentially happen at any time.  At any rate, I highly recommend that mod for when you do find yourself delving into the vampiric of Skrim. 

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2019, 03:02:09 AM »
You're probably very far from the Dawnguard DLC kicking in, true.  But that doesn't mean you won't stumble into a situation where you catch  Sanguinare Vampiris.  That can potentially happen at any time.  At any rate, I highly recommend that mod for when you do find yourself delving into the vampiric of Skrim.

Yeah, fylimar, vampires are all over the place in Skyrim and you'll come across them just doing random stuff. However, as DarkZephyr says, there are two ways to become a vampire. Getting vampire cooties is lame, but the other way is pretty spiffy. It feels like the difference between being some infected wretch as opposed to being Dracula. XD

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2019, 06:09:11 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. I hope, I don't meet a vampire just now though.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #348 on: July 03, 2019, 11:06:06 PM »
Anyone else missing those weekly videos from Paradox about Bloodlines 2? I'm having withdrawals. D':

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #349 on: July 04, 2019, 09:38:27 AM »
Anyone else missing those weekly videos from Paradox about Bloodlines 2? I'm having withdrawals. D':

You just need to do what I did, and plan to play through Bloodlines 1 for the next few months, then you'll have no shortage of Bloodlines content! :^
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 10:04:56 AM by Wesp5 »

Online argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #350 on: July 04, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »

You just need to do what I did, and plan to play through Bloodlines 1 for the next few months, then you'll have no shortage of Bloodlines content! :^

Yes!
And you will have more mods too play soon... like prelude chapter 1, and War Games v3.

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #351 on: July 04, 2019, 11:23:36 AM »

That's, what I'm doing atm.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #352 on: July 04, 2019, 02:29:54 PM »

Yes!
And you will have more mods too play soon... like prelude chapter 1, and War Games v3.

I played through a couple of times just over a month ago, and mods rarely appeal to me, sadly, with the exception of like content restoration stuff. I'm too anal. =p

I am replaying Redemption currently and bought The Witcher 3 last night in the hopes it'll distract me some, despite my best judgment.

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #353 on: July 04, 2019, 05:32:58 PM »
I played through a couple of times just over a month ago, and mods rarely appeal to me, sadly, with the exception of like content restoration stuff. I'm too anal. =p

I am replaying Redemption currently and bought The Witcher 3 last night in the hopes it'll distract me some, despite my best judgment.

I can definitely see why someone wouldn't want to use mods for the most part. I always do a "clean" run first, no matter how good or recommended the mods are (although I am willing to mess around with them once I got the original experience).

I should probably replay Redemption myself, eventually. There are a few things I don't like about it, but overall I remember it fondly.

I still have to finish The Witcher 1, I really should start focusing more on new RPGs, but it's hard to find the time! XD

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #354 on: July 04, 2019, 07:58:07 PM »

I can definitely see why someone wouldn't want to use mods for the most part. I always do a "clean" run first, no matter how good or recommended the mods are (although I am willing to mess around with them once I got the original experience).

I should probably replay Redemption myself, eventually. There are a few things I don't like about it, but overall I remember it fondly.

I still have to finish The Witcher 1, I really should start focusing more on new RPGs, but it's hard to find the time! XD

I just finished my third playthrough of Redemption a few minutes ago. I love the story. It's the best VtM video game main storyline in existence. However, yes, that game has a TON of issues. I must've killed at least 40 vampires per dungeon in the 14 "dungeons" or so that have vampires. The Malkavian in the game is the most fish-Malk of fish-Malks that I've ever seen and really annoyed me this time around. The characters are the most cliché versions of their clans I've ever seen, even in various amateur tabletop games online, though I will say the Brujah are more akin to True Brujah than Brujah in their personalities, at least from my modest understanding of the original clan qualities (except we don't get the time manipulation discipline).

Being able to diablerize everyone willy-nilly without punishment, the lack of a feeling of the masquerade being something to maintain, a lack of information on the Sabbat (even compared to Bloodlines), and much more are big issues for me in this game. Oh, and my Nosferatu party member had an appearance of 100 by putting some jewelry on...so he's basically physically as appealing as the most attractive celebrity on Earth without using any disciplines to influence what people see. But I digress...still good stuff.

It's my hope that Bloodlines 2 will capture what made Bloodlines 1's lore and setting work so well as opposed to how Redemption handled things, while hopefully making the main storyline better than Bloodlines 1's plot. For me, the side quests in Bloodlines 1 were the best bits of the "story."

As for The Witcher 1, I finished it back when it came out and liked it, but played it again a few years ago and couldn't force myself to play the second act onward. The game felt too much like an MMO to me in terms of the devs using travel time to account for too much of the gameplay for my liking. By that, I mean that towns and relevant quest locations were spread out and required a lot of running with not-a-whole-lot-to-do-in-between. This got super old for me and I can't stand it. Bloodlines 1's succinct hubs that have everything pretty close together are why I love those hubs so much to some extent.

The Witcher 2 just bored me all around, though it was visually nice. I got maybe an hour into the second act, I think? Nothing really drew me in at all. And now I have The Witcher 3 despite currently disliking the first two. I expect to be underwhelmed, but we'll see.

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #355 on: July 05, 2019, 07:02:12 PM »
I never played Redemption and am content now with watching Outstar playthrough. I'm not a big fan of Christoph and that you have to play Brujah, but the story looks kind of nice.
I tried the Witcher 1, but really struggled with combat. I do like Geralt though.

― Doctor Who

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #356 on: July 06, 2019, 02:05:35 PM »
I never played Redemption and am content now with watching Outstar playthrough. I'm not a big fan of Christoph and that you have to play Brujah, but the story looks kind of nice.
I tried the Witcher 1, but really struggled with combat. I do like Geralt though.

I think he's a pretty swell guy, but I suppose I can't blame someone for having issues with him after he spilt his wickedness upon Anezka's innocent bosom.

I somehow never noticed lines like that until Outstar - the adorable imp that she is - pointed them out. Also, I love her "last time" clips at the start of the videos. It would be fun if she did something like this with Bloodlines 2.
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #357 on: July 06, 2019, 07:02:28 PM »

I think he's a pretty swell guy, but I suppose I can't blame someone for having issues with him after he spilt his wickedness upon Anezka's innocent bosom.

I somehow never noticed lines like that until Outstar - the adorable imp that she is - pointed them out. Also, I love her "last time" clips at the start of the videos. It would be fun if she did something like this with Bloodlines 2.

I'm pretty sure, she will do something like that with Bloodlines 2. And that comment was just gold, I couldn't stop laughing

― Doctor Who
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
  • Fuck The Chantry
« Reply #359 on: August 04, 2019, 07:57:39 PM »
While I have no problems with first person, I agree, that if the Gangrels make an appearance, there should be an option for third person then, for the protean discipline.

Tons of people are going to be confused about seeing a vampire turn into a werewolf xD ...