* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines 2 Links  (Read 21690 times)

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
Re: Bloodlines 2 Links
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2019, 03:59:24 pm »
Interesting, it seems you keep your thin blood discipline and get only two others...
Maybe this decision was make because of console limitation or to make each clan unique?

Brujah: Potency and Celerity
Toreador:  Auspex and Presence?
Venture: Dominate and Fortitute?
Tremere: Thaumaturgy and something new?
Malkavian: Dementation and something new?

Gangrel DLC: Protean and Animalism?
Nosferatu DLC: Obfuscate and something new?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 04:01:57 pm by Wilhelm Streicher 19 »

Offline EeeKitties

• Nyanpire
  • Fledgling
    • UP Guide
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2019, 04:26:38 pm »
Just a heads up, the livestream will start in 35mins from my original posting time (10 mins from my edit).

VOD (1hr6m timestamp)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 05:36:34 pm by EeeKitties »

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2019, 05:10:27 pm »
Clan Introduction - Brujah - Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2019, 05:57:51 pm »
Maybe this decision was make because of console limitation or to make each clan unique?

I don't think there should be limitations so early in development and I also thought the reason could be to make each clan more unique. Which I really wouldn't like, because what is a Toreador gunman without Celerity to fight like in the Matrix ;)?

• Antediluvian
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2019, 06:13:25 pm »
I don't think there should be limitations so early in development and I also thought the reason could be to make each clan more unique. Which I really wouldn't like, because what is a Toreador gunman without Celerity to fight like in the Matrix ;)?
Well you can use mods or make your own mod for that. ;)

Any ideas for unique disciplines for Nosferatu and Malkavian besides Obfuscate and Dementation respectively?

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2019, 08:34:19 pm »
Interesting, it seems you keep your thin blood discipline and get only two others...

Brujah: Potency and Celerity
Toreador:  Auspex and Presence?
Venture: Dominate and Fortitute?
Tremere: Thaumaturgy and something new?
Malkavian: Dementation and something new?

Gangrel DLC: Protean and Animalism?
Nosferatu DLC: Obfuscate and something new?

This is kinda annoying to me. Tremere Dominate and Auspex are fun stuff. Losing out on one is aggravating. I suppose I'd rather lose Dominate? I guess it'll depend on how the game plays for me to know for sure. I actually just now made a topic on the two Discipline thing. I'd better go give it the Final Death to keep the number of topics down on here...

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2019, 08:42:47 pm »
Does the fact that we keep a Thin Blood ability and only gain two Clan disciplines suggest that we may not become "full" members of that clan? Although how that would work is even more confusing to think about than the alternative...

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2019, 08:48:46 pm »
Does the fact that we keep a Thin Blood ability and only gain two Clan disciplines suggest that we may not become "full" members of that clan? Although how that would work is even more confusing to think about than the alternative...

I doubt it unless they intend to invent a new kind of vampire that's not a Caitiff, a Thin-Blood, or a 13th Generation Kindred. I really think they ought to give us all three. This is pretty radical stuff that will heavily impact certain clans. If Lasombra were to make it into the game (I doubt it but would love that), Oblivion, Dominate, and Potence allow for some extreme variety of what you can do. Not having Oblivion would be pure heresy since it's such a rare Discipline...it'd be kinda like Tremere without Thaumaturgy. Not having Dominate would take away from the controlling mastermind qualities. And not having Potence makes melee builds super weak for a clan intended to be powerful in melee despite its socialite and caster qualities.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2019, 08:54:23 pm »
This is kinda annoying to me. Tremere Dominate and Auspex are fun stuff. Losing out on one is aggravating. I suppose I'd rather lose Dominate? I guess it'll depend on how the game plays for me to know for sure.
Like i said to Wesp its very likely that we can use Mods to solve this problem if we don´t like it.
And don´t forget we still have three disciplines like Bloodlines 1.
Our choosen thinblood discipline and our two clan disciplines.

I agree its sucks a bit that the clan lose one cool discipline but to be honest i kinda like this.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 09:36:06 pm by Wilhelm Streicher 19 »

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2019, 08:56:08 pm »
@DarkProphet - I agree, and also I want to know how they plan to justify it lore-wise, because even in V5, clans have 3 disciplines each, hence my question. Unless this is going to be one of those "because game" explanations, which would be rather annoying. And yes, it limits build diversity (Celerity was my most used Toreador discipline in BL1 and since the Brujah get it this time around I am certain the Toreadors won't).

In fact, it feels a lot like the 'streamlining' that I have witnessed in other franchises as well, most notably Fallout and Elder Scrolls, where each game reduced/combined the number of skills and other attributes you could use, supposedly to make it simpler, eliminate redundancies etc. Still, here it goes beyond gameplay, the three disciplines are an important part of a clan's identity and they can't just be removed indiscriminately.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2019, 09:04:00 pm »
I think the third discipline for the Brujahs is "Ultra Moustache", judging by the pictures. XD

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2019, 09:25:18 pm »
Like i said to Wesp its very likely that can use Mods to solve this problem if don´t like it.

We don't know that. In Bloodlines 1 there is a limit to the number of Disciplines, if they do something similar in Bloodlines 2 there will be no way!

• Antediluvian
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2019, 09:40:31 pm »
We don't know that. In Bloodlines 1 there is a limit to the number of Disciplines, if they do something similar in Bloodlines 2 there will be no way!
What about the Bonus Discipline from Beckett? ;)
I don´t think that Modsupport comes for console and also that people want to use all Disciplines at once.
Therefore it should be possible to add the missing third clan discipline via mods.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2019, 02:56:37 am »
I think the third discipline for the Brujahs is "Ultra Moustache", judging by the pictures. XD

It's almost not even a moustache... but an "Ultra Beard"... one above the rest !

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2019, 03:24:58 am »
@DarkProphet - I agree, and also I want to know how they plan to justify it lore-wise, because even in V5, clans have 3 disciplines each, hence my question. Unless this is going to be one of those "because game" explanations, which would be rather annoying. And yes, it limits build diversity (Celerity was my most used Toreador discipline in BL1 and since the Brujah get it this time around I am certain the Toreadors won't).

In fact, it feels a lot like the 'streamlining' that I have witnessed in other franchises as well, most notably Fallout and Elder Scrolls, where each game reduced/combined the number of skills and other attributes you could use, supposedly to make it simpler, eliminate redundancies etc. Still, here it goes beyond gameplay, the three disciplines are an important part of a clan's identity and they can't just be removed indiscriminately.

Agreed. I think this stinks. I hope that Toreador get Celerity, but then again, if we did, which Discipline would we lose? Auspex or Presence? Presence SHOULD be extremely good for a Toreador. In the pen and paper, the target basically falls in love with you and/or thinks you're the most awesome person on the planet for about an hour. They will tell you almost anything, do almost anything for you that won't involve killing a friend or themselves directly, and it's very different from Dominate. It's almost like a love potion for dialog and getting what you want from people without outright mind-controlling them live drones the way Ventrue can.

I wonder what Bloodlines 2 is going to do with Auspex...technically it's a super dull ability unless there are going to be tons of wraiths and other supernatural secrets to spot. Or it could lazily be a stat for firearms and hacking boosting like in Bloodlines 1...which would suck if Toreador lost it since Celerity and Auspex made firearms Toreador pretty sweet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal