* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines 2 in 2023 “not impossible”.  (Read 2148 times)

Offline AnnekeFloorever

• Fledgling
Bloodlines 2 in 2023 “not impossible”.
« on: November 07, 2022, 07:58:23 pm »
CEO of Paradox Interactive Fredrik Wester has stated that the release of Bloodlines 2 in 2023 is “not impossible”.

Link:
https://twitter.com/Borsredaktion/status/1587368134847209475/photo/1

Marked as best answer by AnnekeFloorever on November 09, 2022, 10:05:16 am

Offline Vinland

• Neonate
Re: Bloodlines 2 in 2023 “not impossible”.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 10:21:54 pm »
English translation:

"If you look at the pipeline, we've been a little cautious about announcing things because we got burned a little bit on Bloodlines 2 (a game that's heavily delayed, eds note). We've said we're not going to release anything until we're pretty sure of an absolute launch date or at least a launch month," says Fredrik Wester.

Bloodlines 2 was first announced in 2019 and after several delays, the developer was replaced last year. On that occasion, Fredrik Wester stated that he had very good hopes that it will be a good game that meets the players' expectations.

How does it feel now a year later?

"It feels very good about Bloodlines 2 and we will probably be able to set a launch date for this game reasonably soon. We feel that the game has been in very good hands and we are incredibly satisfied with what we have seen," says Fredrik Wester and adds that it's "absolutely not impossible" that Bloodlines 2 could launch sometime in 2023.

Offline Pyoro-2

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 12:43:14 pm »
Wouldn't be too surprising, I suppose. Vicky 3 is out now, so there's nothing else major in their pipeline as far as I'm aware. Not that that involves the same developers, but surely as a publisher ideally you want at least one big release a year ...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 12:59:15 pm »
Still weird that they didn't show something during Halloween then, if it could be finished next year...

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 04:32:45 pm »
"it's absolutely not impossible that Bloodlines 2 could launch sometime in 2023"

Translation: it's also absolutely possible that it won't launch in 2023, but we felt we had to say SOMETHING and remind people this project still exists.

At least that's my extremely jaded take on it.  :58_124:
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Compassion

• Neonate
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 07:44:17 am »
So, release in 2025, earliest. Gotcha, duly noted.

And I really dont know why people constantly, no matter what project, are insisting on an early release instead of on a finished game.

I much rather have a decent, finished game in 2025 or even later, than a halfassed game in 2023.

Offline Vinland

• Neonate
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 02:54:44 pm »
It's probably more like he expects it to be done in 2023 but he's not making promises just in case it's not ready by then. In any case, this story is about the release date coming "soon" so hopefully we won't have to speculate for much longer. We will know one way or another.

Offline Monjh

• Emperor of the Universe
  • Neonate
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying I can be lying
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 05:40:08 pm »
That news... Weirdly, makes me think the project might get done properly. Like Compassion said, "So, release in 2025, earliest. Gotcha, duly noted."

Honestly? Release it in 2030, but do it properly. They screwed up royally when they let Mitsoda go, and now they need to get up from scratch.
Vampires? You are watching too much TV.

Offline AnnekeFloorever

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2022, 11:45:23 pm »
I highly doubted they started from scratch and just continued where Hardsuit Labs left off. 

I think the CEO of Paradox mentioned this in an interview once.

Offline Monjh

• Emperor of the Universe
  • Neonate
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying I can be lying
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2022, 01:23:19 am »
And that is my fear: if they felt the product would not be good enough that they prefer to lay off a bunch of people and start over, why not start from scratch?

See why I'm not jolly 'bout this whole thing? I want to be wrong and they do deliver a quality game in the near future, but... =(
Vampires? You are watching too much TV.

Offline Vinland

• Neonate
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2022, 07:38:40 am »
And that is my fear: if they felt the product would not be good enough that they prefer to lay off a bunch of people and start over, why not start from scratch?

See why I'm not jolly 'bout this whole thing? I want to be wrong and they do deliver a quality game in the near future, but... =(

Hardsuit had completely finished the alpha stage of development meaning the game had all of its systems and functions in place. This game is already years behind schedule. Starting over would just be Paradox burning its own money. Just because the game was unsatisfactory in some places, that doesn't mean the game was unsatisfactory in all places. You salvage what you can and you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2022, 10:05:13 am »
I have been shown the whole beginning of the game. If the new version comes out, I hope I remember enough of it to see if they started from scratch or not.

Offline Vinland

• Neonate
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2022, 04:57:12 pm »
I have been shown the whole beginning of the game. If the new version comes out, I hope I remember enough of it to see if they started from scratch or not.

Going on my memory of old articles on the subject, I recall that the game begins with a mass embrace creating a horde of panicked thin-bloods who don't even know what has happened to them. Your character is captured and put on trial for the crime of being embraced without formal consent, just like the first game. Then something crazy happens during the trial and you escape during the chaos.

Does that ring a bell? If there's anymore, you should share it with me. :p

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2022, 06:22:20 pm »
So far you are right. The court room goes up in flames, people accuse the Tremere and Damsel is there, as has been revealed later. Fleeing the underground where the trial took place is the tutorial, you learn your powers in the area and come out near the pier. There you meet another vampire who is killed before your eyes by Mr. Damp, who spares you though because you are not on his list. You go to the haven of the killed vampire and meet Dale. You talk and after that the real game starts. This is what I remember...

Offline Vinland

• Neonate
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2022, 06:34:36 pm »
So far you are right. The court room goes up in flames, people accuse the Tremere and Damsel is there, as has been revealed later. Fleeing the underground where the trial took place is the tutorial, you learn your powers in the area and come out near the pier. There you meet another vampire who is killed before your eyes by Mr. Damp, who spares you though because you are not on his list. You go to the haven of the killed vampire and meet Dale. You talk and after that the real game starts. This is what I remember...
Fantastic. Thanks, Wesp!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal