Author Topic: Bloodlines 2 gets delayed  (Read 513 times)

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Neonate
Bloodlines 2 gets delayed
« on: October 16, 2019, 03:37:21 PM »
Great news for those people who can wait. Bloodlines 2 is set release later 2020 and not March 2020.

To all fans of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

For the last three and a half years, we’ve worked hard to bring you a worthy successor to Bloodlines 1. To us, that meant not only making good on the ambitions of this remarkable game, but also a duty to ensure we would not repeat its mistakes. Today, we have to tell you that we need some more time to get you the game you’ve been waiting for. Although Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will still launch in 2020, we have decided to value quality over making the Q1 launch window.

There are some things we wanted to hit under all circumstances when we set out to follow in Bloodlines’ footsteps: A deep, branching storyline; fascinating and amazingly acted characters; the rich universe of the World of Darkness. We firmly believe that we’re on the right track to get you all of this.

On the flip side, there’s the responsibility to avoid some of the issues that plagued the first game, which was famously launched too early. Over the last few months, it became clear that to stick to our original date would risk repeating that mistake. We won’t do that. In the end, everyone working on this game wants to offer you the best Bloodlines 2 we can.

This hasn’t been an easy- nor our first choice. Throughout 2019 we have been improving our processes and growing our teams, however it soon became clear that this alone won’t allow us to deliver the quality we want at the date we promised.

Your feedback was invaluable in this. It helped us give the proper weight to what we saw, as well. We’d like to thank you, and hope you’ll support us in the decision that came from it.

Many of us from Hardsuit Labs will be in Berlin for PDXCON. For those of you going, we look forward to seeing you there! We will be sharing insights into the development of Bloodlines 2 along with other steps we’ve taken to strengthen our development team  to realize our ambitions for Bloodlines 2.

For those of you who won’t be there, we will be sharing more about this during the PDXCON Announcement stream on Saturday the 19th. We are also opening up a Reddit thread to answer any of your questions in the Bloodlines stream on the following Sunday.

Thanks,

Andy Kipling and Brian Mitsoda, on behalf of the team at Hardsuit Labs

https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/dev-blog-post

By the way its not that necessary but i would love if the option of a playable Nosferatu (but not the Gangrel because Season of the Wolf!!!) is part of main game.
Sad Sad x 1 Winner Winner x 1 View List

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Neonate
Re: Bloodlines 2 gets delayed
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 05:44:52 PM »
I know some people are gonna be sad but I am so happy. To me this is indeed great news. I'm looking forward to a brilliant, complete, and fun game that will be immersive and live up to my expectations. And I have all faith in the team to pull it off wonderfully.

For those who are sad, don't be. This is a good sign. This means that Hardsuit Labs and Paradox understand how important it is to get this game right. See this as a positive. See this as exactly what needs to be done.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Neonate
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 06:42:22 PM »
Sorry Vampiredave or all the others are sad but this really great news. In March 2020 could be released but what are the costs to achieve this goal?
I believe like the devs pointed that only a few people want to have that Bloodlines 2 release in a state similiar to Bloodlines 1.
Really guys this is awesome.  I believe we all can wait longer for a better game. Also there are only a few months on top. ;)

Offline Candy Narwhal

• Neonate
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 10:04:35 PM »
I think this is the only time I've seen everyone on the internet unanimously agree about a delay. I'm all for it too - just to file down all the rough-looking edges, if nothing else.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 03:48:40 AM »
So glad. This isn't Madden 8 Billion, Call of Duty 26, etc. It seemed unlikely Bloodlines 1 would ever have a sequel. This is a miracle game. Just its announcement video months back made me scream like a teenage girl and run around my apartment in circles. I do not want some mere game the devs sloppily shit out half-aborted. I want a game that makes me fall prostrate, crying tears of joy as I thank God I was allowed to live long enough to play the game.

So I'm pretty happy about the delay, yo.

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 09:56:25 AM »
For me, the delay is not a surprise... A lot of games suffer relay on their releases.

I'm happy and sad for the news...

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 06:03:03 PM »
For me, the delay is not a surprise... A lot of games suffer relay on their releases.

Hopefully they'll focus more on the combat and the AI, specially since the latter wasn't looking very... "pretty" xD

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 04:17:28 AM »

Hopefully they'll focus more on the combat and the AI, specially since the latter wasn't looking very... "pretty" xD

Yeah, I felt really awkward watching the player character do that weird flip-kick that jars the camera away from where you're looking and doesn't seem useful so much as distracting and interfering with the player killing stuff.

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2019, 09:04:52 PM »
I was expecting this, the announcement seemed to close to the release date, given what we were told and shown about the game. It's a bit of a bummer, but it's all about getting a better game at the end of the wait. I feel more relaxed now, actually, I really thought the original release window wasn't going to give them enough time. Now though, I'll have to consider whether I should save my GOG store credits or spend them on something else.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2019, 10:43:09 PM »
Yeah, I felt really awkward watching the player character do that weird flip-kick that jars the camera away from where you're looking and doesn't seem useful so much as distracting and interfering with the player killing stuff.

It's related to the noticeable disadvantage in not having a third person view anymore, at least a toggled one.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 02:15:47 AM »

It's related to the noticeable disadvantage in not having a third person view anymore, at least a toggled one.

I agree to some extent, though even with a third person camera, that flip-kick looks as though you don't intentionally trigger it. I hope I'm wrong, because you seem to lose all control when you do it.

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Neonate
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 06:28:04 PM »
Well the Half Life VR Spinof Half Life: Alyx is real and is set to release in March 2020.
A good thing that Bloodlines 2 is delayed. We don´t need that another Half Life game kills Bloodlines 2.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 09:03:04 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 09:04:11 PM »
Well the Half Life VR Spinof Half Life: Alyx is real and is set to release in March 2020.
A good thing that Bloodlines 2 is delayed. We don´t need that another Half Life game kills Bloodlines 2.

Damn, you are right! I just read about this. But I believe as this is not Half-Life 3 and VR only too, it might be quite not as successful as HL2...

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2019, 04:17:00 PM »

Damn, you are right! I just read about this. But I believe as this is not Half-Life 3 and VR only too, it might be quite not as successful as HL2...

Yeah, word on the street is that it takes place between HL1 and HL2 since Episode 2 Spoiler:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Eli Vance looks to be alive in the trailer and we don't see Gordon.

And I don't know about all of you, but VR doesn't have enough good-looking games in my opinion for me to justify not only buying VR, but having it in my way at home.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 04:18:51 PM by DarkProphet »

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2019, 02:21:52 PM »

Yeah, we are safe on this one. If I remember correctly, computers with VR headsets are a whopping 1% of the Steam population. Even if this was a crazy success, I'd be astonished to hear it doubled the amount of VR headsets in circulation. If Bloodlines is in competition with THAT, the game would be doomed.