Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines 2 delayed until 2021  (Read 378 times)

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
Bloodlines 2 delayed until 2021
« on: August 13, 2020, 06:00:46 am »
Bloodlines 2 has been delayed until 2021.  To me this is not a bad thing, they should take as much time as they need to make the ultimate vampire experience.

Here is the article: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-08-11-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-delayed-to-2021
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:42:53 am by samspin »
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
Re: Bloodlines 2 delayed until 2021
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 01:52:00 pm »
Hellz yeah !

Glad they were smart to not compete with Cyberpunk 2077. It was already pretty brutal with Half-Life 2 for the first game.

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 06:41:43 pm »
I'm not hurrying even if takes another 300 years  :justabite:

Offline Critter

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 08:07:36 pm »
To be honest, HSL and BL2 begins to annoy me. Pre-order has been up for 15 months now and it was postponed several times now that cannot only be attributed to Covid. The lack of actual progress information and gameplay previews plus the red flags in their dev diaries ("organisational changes" etc.) are really not reasons for high hopes. From what I have seen so far they are still working on very basic stuff like VFX modeling, far from optimisation. You simply cannot go about and announce the game to release in 5 months and start pre-order purchases at this state of development. They already had their fair share of back lash with their preview material that was short and raw in terms of optimisation. Then this constant delay and lack of communication with their customers regarding actual progress and game content. This is going to bite them in the rear end. Thinking we will get a better game is naive by now IMHO. Seems more like development hell. I even consider a refund although I was really hyped for this game. I pre-order rarely (only did it twice in my life) and I keep getting disappointed.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 08:37:41 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 11:07:46 pm »
I'm with Talyn, Highwayman, and Deathclaw on this. Sometimes things take longer than planned. I cannot guarantee the game will end up great, but launching a game when it's not ready is awful.
Critter, do you have knowledge of a prior project Hard Suit Labs delayed that ended up bad as a result? I'd be curious to read about such instances of this developer doing such things.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 05:02:06 pm »
There's just so much shit to do nowadays. We'll be playing the game before you even realize it :rofl:

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 05:07:20 pm »
To be honest, I don't give a damn. I don't have the money for a new computer nor the game itself and I will end to know all the huge spoiler before I could. I'm fu**ed.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 06:39:43 pm »
To be honest, I don't give a damn. I don't have the money for a new computer nor the game itself and I will end to know all the huge spoiler before I could. I'm fu**ed.

Resist the algorithm ! Don't let youtube spoil your fun.

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 06:58:54 pm »
... even 800 years if it'll be cinematographic  :justabite:

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 06:15:43 am »
There's just so much shit to do nowadays. We'll be playing the game before you even realize it :rofl:
I don't think I've ever agreed with you more. Although I pout that Bloodlines 2 isn't gonna be out for a while, I seriously have so many freaking games to play and stuff to watch on YouTube that I don't have enough time to do all of it. I've got family to visit about once a month, I have weekly missions to do on Deep Rock Galactic, I'm trying to play through Seven: The Days Long Gone at the recommendation of a friend, play through Halo games online with that same friend in co-op online, play through Borderlands 3 and its DLCs with my father online, play through Tales of Legendia on PS2, play through the third Phoenix Wright game, watch the Sunkissed VtM TTRPG sessions on YouTube and write detailed "reviews"/comments (paragraphs, actually) about it, and watch the Roll4It VtM TTRPG sessions on YouTube. Plus working full-time with some overtime each week.

That's just what I'm doing weekly right now, and there isn't enough time in the day to even remotely do all of it. So yeah, I don't exactly "need" Bloodlines 2 right this second, or even Cyberpunk 2077. That's coming in November, I think, and I don't think I'll even remotely have all the stuff I'm working on done by then. =/

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 10:27:42 am »
I guess this means I'll be able to finish a playthrough of Bloodlines 1 with all the clans (I am 3 out 7 this year) before the sequel comes out. I think the re-organization worries me a bit, though, as it hints at them having troubles and not just taking more time to polish the game (the changes might be significant if they decided to mention it in the post, after all). At least it also shows they want the game to do well and aren't going to just dump it and forget about it.

Thankfully I didn't pre-order, so I can wait until we have a solid release window without fretting over other stuff.

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2020, 11:32:36 am »
Don't ever touch the raw stuff, year or two after it's released :rofl:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal