* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines 2 'is in good hands' but won't appear at this year's PDXCon.  (Read 1525 times)

Offline AnnekeFloorever

• Fledgling

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
I really want it to be released, but I don't want another Cyberpunk 2077 disaster (which by the way is fault of the testing agency who screwed them big)....
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Monjh

• Emperor of the Universe
  • Neonate
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying I can be lying
Like I said before, I really do hope I'm wrong and they release the game (and a good one to boot), but...

Usually, when a company becomes quiet about a game (only giving cryptic or too general responses), that means that it will be abandoned (at least for the time being), it's just not official.
Vampires? You are watching too much TV.

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
Seriously, how much more time do they need?  :facepalm:
Well this said it all: "Wester implied in October 2021 that everything Hardsuit had come up with was being scrapped, saying that Bloodlines 2 was almost cancelled outright  until "we got a pitch that we thought was convincing enough to run"."
So of course it takes much longer to make a complete new game (version) rather than finishing the parts that Hardsuit Labs had made.
I am not sure if this comparison is right but this is more Bloodlines 3 than Bloodlines 2.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 09:23:34 am by Wesp5 »

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
Well this said it all: "Wester implied in October 2021 that everything Hardsuit had come up with was being scrapped, saying that Bloodlines 2 was almost cancelled outright  until "we got a pitch that we thought was convincing enough to run"."
So of course it takes much longer to make a complete new game (version) rather than finishing the parts that Hardsuit Labs had made.
I am not sure if this comparison is right but this is more Bloodlines 3 than Bloodlines 2.
Bloodlines 2.2 Take 2: Return Of The Electric-Boogaloo. It's kind of weird knowing that there was a game which (I assume) was almost finished, but we'll never see, I guess I'll just wish this one is good and comes out before I die of old age.

Offline tarulu

• Methuselah
I hope they change the name

then I feel much better

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
I hope they change the name
then I feel much better
They will never do this because of branding recognition value. Bloodlines 1 because of all the fan patches aka the headlines in several gaming sites over the years is still a name which is remember fondly within the game industry and players as like.
But that´s just Bloodlines 1 good reputation and i would argue that Bloodlines 2 even it hadn´t been released already has a bad one.Also who that this Bloodlines 2 is not completly different in design and gameplay than Bloodlines 1 und the first version of Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs?

Offline Vinland

• Neonate

This is 100% not true. Actually, the opposite is true. Wester heavily implied that they would just continue where Hard Suit left off.

https://www.avanza.se/placera/telegram/2021/10/13/paradox-tror-pa-bloodlines-avvaktar-storsatsning-rollspel-vd.html

When Bloodlines 2's developers were replaced at the beginning of the year, there was speculation in the industry media that the game more or less needed to be redone from the beginning. However, these are speculations that Fredrik Wester does not confirm, but he states that much of the development that was done then can still be used in the game.

Offline Pyoro-2

• Fledgling
Re: Bloodlines 2 'is in good hands' but won't appear at this year's PDXCon.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2022, 08:40:54 am »
Original release was supposed to be late 2020, right? Then they got annoyed at the state of the game / nothing being finished / having to delay it again. So we already can guess that it'd have been a significant delay had HSL kept working on it, maybe mid-2021, generously speaking, possibly later - without regard what sort of quality the product would have been.

Now instead it must have taken some months to find a new developer, some more in analyzing what they had available, what could be kept, what needed to be finished, what needed to be done from scratch. And then some more time to actually make it happen, including building up their own development team, etc. In the middle of corona, as well.

So I'd the timeline so far is understandable in regard that it's not finished. But less in that they are still not willing to show anything by September. That's a good two years then. Even a project that's done from scratch should have some footage you can show by then ...

Odd strategy.

Offline Compassion

• Neonate
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2022, 11:06:49 am »
?????????????????????

What the what the what ?

They friggin changed the developer.

And probably changed concepts, big time, because they didnt liked where the project was going.

I would be most extremely surprised if they would have already something to show the public.

And for the record, I prefer the pre-EA Bioware motto "Its done when its done" over "lets use our playerbase as betatesters".

Offline Monjh

• Neonate
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2022, 05:01:22 pm »
They had more than enough time to show proof of concept.

The delay in showing anything is only good to people that is so absorbed in the idea that can't see the communist parade of red flags.

Offline Compassion

• Neonate
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2022, 03:18:41 pm »
Wait, what ?

"Proof of concept" for a computer game ?

ROTFL

Offline Monjh

• Neonate
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2022, 05:17:45 pm »
Yeah... Wait and see to understand why it is a bad thing when the company doesn't show anything until it is close to launch.

This is not my first rodeo, kid.

Offline Compassion

• Neonate
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2022, 10:35:11 pm »
Nobody calls that a "proof of concept", baby.

Also I couldnt care less as long as the final game is good.

Offline Monjh

• Neonate
That's the point. Considering all, I'm not confident it will even be released without butchering the basic premises of the game.

And good that you understood what I wanted to say. English is not my first language. =)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal