Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Anyone can make a Vampire: The Masquerade game if they want to  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
"If you've ever looked at the mess that is Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 and thought to yourself, "I could do better than that," here's your big chance to prove it. Paradox Interactive has launched a new indie publishing program called Unbound that allows independent developers to create games set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe, and to make money on them if they want...

Paradox will also keep 33% of any revenues earned on Unbound games. That's a big cut—more than Steam takes—although arguably fair, given the free access to the Vampire license. Developers, on the other hand, will retain ownership of all game assets that don't use World of Darkness property, and are free to sell them in art books, soundtracks, or whatever."You don’t have to be an experienced developer, or a game dev studio to join—we allow everyone in, from the creators of their first game to more experienced teams," Paradox said."
https://www.pcgamer.com/paradox-says-anyone-can-make-a-vampire-the-masquerade-game-if-they-want-to/
Pretty unique & strange policy from Paradox. In my opinion too many mediocre or even bad games would hurt the Vampire IP even more as it already as the case.
Also why the limitation on just Vampire why not the whole World of Darkness?

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Ancillus
Re: Anyone can make a Vampire: The Masquerade game if they want to
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 06:04:59 pm »
Meh only allow itch.io type games
I guess it will be neat for the wod community

Offline Wicih

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 05:29:45 pm »
Well, I hope we will get some Nintendo Switch relases  :walloftext:
Why the walls have eyes, why do they need them?

Offline Compassion

• Neonate
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 12:44:01 pm »
So one could create an open source game and give them $0 from the $0 of revenue ? I bet thats not possible.

I really dont see why anyone would not just rather create an own vampire setting. Its not exactly hard.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 12:46:14 pm by Compassion »

Offline Pyoro-2

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 08:03:44 am »
Because IP recognition is 90% of the profit. Ask people why they don't just do their own superhero movies instead of almost exclusively getting Marvel/DC movies ...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal