* Notice

Important notice (08 January 2021): PlanetVampire was staked for the last three days due to a failing disk. We have risen again on new hardware! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Any news / hope for 2021 (release)?  (Read 755 times)

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Antediluvian
Any news / hope for 2021 (release)?
« on: January 01, 2021, 12:28:37 am »
First Happy New Year everyone. I really hope that 2021 won´t suck that much.So the big question in our Bloodlines bubble currently is when do we get any update. I mean don´t expect much for the first update but they must restart the marketing. I get it that they stop it after the Mitsoda & Ellison terminations / departures  and the Cyberpunk release but in the next weeks (not months) they have show something if want to release this game in this year. To be honest i doubt this.

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
Re: Any news / hope for 2021 (release)?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 02:19:31 am »
I saw in some youtube video which I don't remember who was the host.  But anyway she believed based on the available positions at Hardsuit Labs for the team, that the game was being remade.  Don't know if it's true or not.  What I will say is most of those who were working on the game have either left or been fired.  I find this highly suspicious.  If they want to win back the Bloodlines fans they have to show a beefy gameplay video, with a real gamer playing the game. 
Vae Victus! -Kain

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 11:41:20 am »
I saw in some youtube video which I don't remember who was the host.
Let me guess you mean this one?

Don't know if it's true or not. What I will say is most of those who were working on the game have either left or been fired. I find this highly suspicious.
It's hard to believe that they do that. Hardsuit Labs & Paradox wants game as quickly as possible out. So yeah it seem more likely those new people have to finished Bloodlines 2 and work on the DLCs.

But if Bloodlines 2 is indeed scapped and restarted well why should Hardsuit Labs still develop this new version for Paradox? Why not find a more capable studio maybe some who exactly has RPG experience. Also rename the game but i know this won´t happen.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 11:51:51 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 10:17:53 pm »
Yeah that's the video.  I too don't believe they would scrap the game but with Hardsuit Labs still being in it's infancy I don't know what to believe.  Also one must remember how much did Chris Avellone write for the game before the allegations?  I mean to me everything started going downhill with his firing.  That was also the last time we heard from the studio and Paradox.

As for if the game has been scrapped why not find a more capable studio?  I agree.  This game could have been started years ago when Paradox bought the license and still had Obsidian as a developer.  Brian Mitsoda used to work with Obsidian also.  Paradox could have started back then.  Don't know why they waited so long since the first thing on every VTMB fan was a new Bloodlines.
Vae Victus! -Kain

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 11:22:03 pm »
Yeah that's the video.  I too don't believe they would scrap the game but with Hardsuit Labs still being in it's infancy I don't know what to believe. 
Come on of course its theoretically possible but all parties have invested already that much into Bloodlines 2 so its very unlikely. They all don´t have the money to do this.
As for if the game has been scrapped why not find a more capable studio?  I agree.  This game could have been started years ago when Paradox bought the license and still had Obsidian as a developer.  Brian Mitsoda used to work with Obsidian also.  Paradox could have started back then.  Don't know why they waited so long since the first thing on every VTMB fan was a new Bloodlines.
Hardsuit Labs along with Mitsoda made the pitch to Paradox on their own. Without Mitsoda and Cluney´s passion Bloodlines 2 won´t have happen that soon.https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-22-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-is-a-darkly-fascinating-immersive-sim
By the way it appears very unlikely that Paradox would find a better RPG Studio. I mean just look at the others who are developing WoD Games. They aren´t that great either.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_of_Darkness_video_games
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 11:15:47 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 12:53:28 pm »
I forget that Mitsoda and Cluney were the ones who pitched the idea to Paradox.  It was just wishful thinking on my part.  I am not familiar with Paradox.  The only games I played of theirs were Pillars of Eternity I and Tyranny, both were developed by Obsidian.  So I don't know much about their other games set in WoD.

Anyway I am not enthused over the sequel.  If it is ever released I will wait for verified reviews then if positive purchase the game a year later after all the dlc and patches are done.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Pyoro-2

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 08:55:38 am »
PDX CEO mentioned to shareholders it might not release in the first half of 2021. I'm fairly sure that's the latest and pretty much the only "solid" thing too:
"I do not think it will come in the first half of the year, but we will see."

Part of these (further) delays seem to be shortage of dev kits from Sony/MS (speculatively also due to Corona). I guess unlike Cyberpunk they aren't ready to just throw consoles under the bus.

"Most" people fired/leaving is a ridiculous overstatement. "Most" known people or something, I guess. That's about it.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 08:13:54 pm »
"Most" people fired/leaving is a ridiculous overstatement. "Most" known people or something, I guess. That's about it.
Fair point but who knows at this moment how many people have left and have been replaced? Also does it really matter when people like Mitsoda were fired?

The fact is we don´t know what happened to Bloodlines 2 in 2020. Obviously the pandemic but there has to be more than this.
But regardless what it is they have to restart Bloodlines marketing. My current guess is after the Werewolf game which launches early February.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 10:20:35 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 10:22:09 pm »
Fair point but who knows at this moment how many people have left and have been replaced?

The Glassdoor reviews mention many firings besides those the public knows about...

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 11:24:05 pm »
By the way it appears very unlikely that Paradox would find a better RPG Studio.
First off i don´t like to quote myself but I changed my mind. I have been reminded by this Tweet that there is a good replacement option.

https://twitter.com/JamboneOn/status/1347328773511933954

Harebrained Schemes. A studio which is already owned by Paradox, also from Seattle. The best thing they have RPG experience and Jordan Weisman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harebrained_Schemes
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 08:59:15 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Neonate
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 08:00:55 pm »
I think a vampire the masquerade game done in the style of Divinity 2 original sin could be very interesting and a good fit.

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2021, 07:09:51 pm »
Biden is finally President of USA and things are obviously changing so can we please have some news, updates, dev diaries or any signs of life?
No of course not. Not after Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood which releases on 4th February.
By the way is anyone here interested in this game? I am not, maybe for 10 bucks or so.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 09:45:01 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 01:47:19 am »
Which game are you talking about when you say you have no interest in it?  VTMB2 or Werewolf: The Apocalypse?  As for me I don't know much about the Werewolf game.
Vae Victus! -Kain

• Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 12:41:44 pm »
Which game are you talking about when you say you have no interest in it?  VTMB2 or Werewolf: The Apocalypse?  As for me I don't know much about the Werewolf game.
I was of course talking about Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood which looks dull. Maybe this has a great story but i don´t think it has.
Have you seen the gameplay trailer by the way?

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2021, 10:05:21 pm »
Not a fan of fleabags

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal